Live from Regatta June 7

pacheco18

[quote name='roothy123']P & O (British company) apparently operates 3 "adult only" ships, according to Cruise Critic.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but they are P&O - not just O. That extra P makes a big difference. :D Edited by Paulchili

The line can set any rules they want as to who they will let onboard. However they seem reluctant to turn down money. On my last trip there was a guy sat by the pool each day and drank vodka on the rocks doubles until he was drunk and very rude to all. The bar guys were hot to serve him to get the tips. No one gave a dam what others were going through. Money talks. Oceania could very easily say you must be 21 to board but never will.

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

[quote name='hypercafe'] Oceania could very easily say you must be 21 to board but never will.
Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app[/QUOTE]

Nor should they. It would be unfair to any number of well behaved persons under 21.
What they could and should do is enforce the rules of acceptable behavior by either children or adults as described by their Term of service agreement (?). It may offend the person(s) being reprimanded and they may never cruise on O again - but so be it. By doing so they will please a lot more people (and have them be repeat customers). Win-win situation. :)
JMO. Edited by Paulchili

[quote name='roothy123']Wow! Same ones, I assume? Maybe they need to visit the doctor. I know toddlers scream, but perhaps there is something more going on. By the way, we have only needed to visit the doctor once, but when we did, we were pleasantly surprised by the attention, care and treatment received - and the bill was more reasonable than it would have been had we gone at home![/QUOTE]
I may have to rethink cruising Alaska on Oceania. I have two cruises planed overseas soon on Riviera and Marina and hopefullly no toddlers. One reason for leaving Regent was the kids program and kid specials on some cruises. I, for one would love to see some new rules on Oceania with regards to toddlers. Thanks for the updates, very helpful. I will report live on my upcoming cruises and report back on children aboard.

There is a huge difference between banning anyone under 21 and keeping kids under 5 out of the specialty restaurants. No one is talking about the former

But to be honest , o's bread and butter is NOT families with children.

This is the most children I have seen on a o cruise but it is alaska and to be expected
The other children are slightly older and teens and well behaved

You are unlikely to have many children on longer cruises, cruises to exotic locales and cruises when school is in session

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

[quote name='pacheco18']Apparently there have been tons of complaints from passengers
Good to hear
These kids were also throwing food in the Terrace [/quote]

I was afraid that no one was complaining to management. I am very surprised that nothing is being done about it. Why is Oceana catering to one family and offending dozens of others? :(:confused:

Certainly your experience really puts me off sailing with O anytime soon to Alaska. Edited by CintiPam

When the brochures came out for this summer's Alaska cruises, there were several designated as "family friendly" with children's programs, etc. Duly noted and did not book on one of them!

Having said that, we had two 3 yr old twins on board Riviera last December. Their parents were older and the children were total angels the entire trip! Sat in Polo with their ipads and never made a sound.

It's all about the parents!

It Is all about the parents. So true
This is not one of the family cruises
But I think u have to expect kids even on o to alaska on any cruise

Management is now aware of the issue
It will be interesting to see if there are any policy changes going forward

On a more pleasant note, just watched a great chef's presentation in the lounge

Just left the final show and the tribute to the crew

One of the four performers, Haley, should be on broadway. By far the best entertainer I have ever seen on o. In a class by herself

Ray is just a great cd. Hope to sail with him again

While I am usually sad when a cruise ends, I have to go home to unpack and pack for Nautica

Beautiful Victoria all day tomorrow. We booked tea at the Empress
Next day Seattle where we will spend several days and visit with some cc friends,

Just left the final show and the tribute to the crew

One of the four performers, Haley, should be on broadway. By far the best entertainer I have ever seen on o. In a class by herself

Ray is just a great cd. Hope to sail with him again

While I am usually sad when a cruise ends, I have to go home to unpack and pack for Nautica

Beautiful Victoria all day tomorrow. We booked tea at the Empress

Next day Seattle where we will spend several days and visit with some cc friends,

Hi Laraine,

Glad you spoke up about the misbehaved children. We are in Seattle now boarding Regatta tomorrow. It's been a hectic few weeks flying all over. Left LON

Sunday last after the Marina NYC to LON,which was a great sailing. Unpacked clothes, washed, the put them right back in the cases. A bit overcast in SEA today but tomorrow looks like some sunshine. Enjoy Nautica

Hi Laraine,

Glad you spoke up about the misbehaved children. We are in Seattle now boarding Regatta tomorrow. It's been a hectic few weeks flying all over. Left LON

Sunday last after the Marina NYC to LON,which was a great sailing. Unpacked clothes, washed, the put them right back in the cases. A bit overcast in SEA today but tomorrow looks like some sunshine. Enjoy Nautica

Sorry to have missed

Like ships passing.....

U wlll love the ship,the crew and the cruise

You can't make this stuff up

Went to tea at fairmont empress

Elegant

Fabulous

But

Guess who was there with the screaming kids. We were seated at other end of the room. Lol

Just took another ridiculous downsell offer for my July cruise. Close to five figures to go from ph to a 2. They were desperate. Oversold big time. Offer became irresistible The cash back will fully cover my September trip. I'm on a roll

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks again for all the reports. Safe trip home.

One last question: we sail in 2 weeks and I want to take along my walker to use in the ports. Have you seen walkers on the ship? Think I would be able to put a room tag on it and check it with the porters?

So excited to board the regatta.

Louise

Thanks again for all the reports. Safe trip home.

One last question: we sail in 2 weeks and I want to take along my walker to use in the ports. Have you seen walkers on the ship? Think I would be able to put a room tag on it and check it with the porters?

So excited to board the regatta.

Louise

do not worry

Walkers, rollators, wheelchairs & scooters will be on the ships

I want to take along my walker to use in the ports. Have you seen walkers on the ship? Think I would be able to put a room tag on it and check it with the porters?

It is one of the few civilized things left about air travel these days, that Wheelchairs, Walkers and other such mobility devices may be checked through without charge or being counted as an additional piece of luggage. Alternatively, you may want to use yours to walk onto the Airplane, after which the Cabin Crew will store it for you.

So too, as long as your Walker has an Oceania Baggage Tag on it when the Porters collect your luggage on the Pier, it will be delivered to your Stateroom without question.

The ship itself will have a few such devices onboard, but the supply is very limited as they are intended for emergency situations. If you have one of your own, by all means bring it along. :D

Really excited. Thanks for your good wishes Brought the wide angle lens so I promise some good photos

We were on the Panama Canal cruise that debarked in SF on May 17. I was hoping to see pictures of the "new" Regatta. Can we expect to see pictures of the refurbishment?

We were on the Panama Canal cruise that debarked in SF on May 17. I was hoping to see pictures of the "new" Regatta. Can we expect to see pictures of the refurbishment?

It took her a short while to get up and running, but Pacheco18 posted a great many wonderful photo's of the refurbished Regatta in this Thread, starting with Post #28.

Thanks for the posts, and have a decent flight(s) home. Hope the toddlers don't sit behind you!

Rotfl

We are aT Seattle marriott for a few days. No sign of them.

The ship looks absolutely gorgeous Socal404 -- in addition to Pacheco18's fantastic reports, we've put up a couple of photo albums on Cruise Critic's Facebook page (focusing primarily on dining and suites/cabins). We took lots of other photos; if there's something else you're looking for let me know and I'll be happy to post those, too.

Carolyn

Link: Facebook.com/CruiseCritic, then scroll down until you find 'em.

Edited by editor@cruisecritic

• 5 months later...