Live from Regatta June 7

pacheco18

[quote name='pacheco18']

My initial instincts about CD Ray were right. He is a winner. Very personable and very visible. Right now he is hanging out at Baristas chatting with passengers. While I have not played trivia, his trivia gets high marks. He makes up all his own questions based on the cruise itself. I would love to sail with him again. I think he is going to be very popular

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app[/quote]

Spot on!! We were very impressed with Ray as well on our Panama Canal cruise in May.
Hubby and I enjoyed our coffee and pastry in Horizons in the very early a.m. and Ray would walk through and chat with all the early birds. Often by the gangplank as we were returning from our excursions and around the shows in the evening. After that 16 day cruise we were convinced he required very little sleep:D
We hope to cruise with him again!!

Toscana was perfection.
Pasta special was puttanesca (my favorite) and it did not disappoint
Dover sole was sublime

Only bad thing: chocolate ravioli no longer on menu. Guess I was the only one addicted to them

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

How did we miss you tonight? We were there too. Dover sole, yes, sublime, but loved the simplicity of the angel hair with tomato and mozzarella starter. I tried to get my husband to order the chocolate ravioli, did I miss something?

Carolyn

[quote name='pacheco18']Toscana was perfection.
Pasta special was puttanesca (my favorite) and it did not disappoint
Dover sole was sublime

Only bad thing: chocolate ravioli no longer on menu. Guess I was the only one addicted to them

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app[/quote]

[quote name='editor@cruisecritic']How did we miss you tonight? We were there too. Dover sole, yes, sublime, but loved the simplicity of the angel hair with tomato and mozzarella starter. I tried to get my husband to order the chocolate ravioli, did I miss something?

Carolyn[/QUOTE]

Lol. Did not see you
Will see you this evening for a feast

The chocolate ravioli was replaced. I asked why
Lyn -it wasn't called chocolate ravioli on the menu but it was three chocolate ravioli in a three compartment dish. To die for but no more.

Thanks very much for your posts and pictures. I'll be on Insignia in August and so far nobody has posted pictures, although, as you know, there IS someone posting about the changes, impressions, etc. - just no pictures.

Would you happen to know if it's possible to get a decaf Cappucino anywhere? On Marina, I enjoyed cappucinos on the Terrace after dinner (although not sure where they were getting them) but sometimes they kept me awake longer than I wanted to be awake. It never occurred to ask if they could make one with decaf coffee, although I'm sure some people will find that thought disgusting!

Also, my husband wants to know if there's a "golf course" up top. He likes that on Marina.

[quote name='roothy123']Thanks very much for your posts and pictures. I'll be on Insignia in August and so far nobody has posted pictures, although, as you know, there IS someone posting about the changes, impressions, etc. - just no pictures.

.[/QUOTE]

Carolyn has posted links to photos of Regatta on another thread I will bet the 3 ships will look very much the same

Decaf ..[B].just ask [/B]
we are always asked at dinner if we want decaf cappuccino or regular Edited by LHT28

Baristas is full service. Regular or decaf. Even the new machines in horizons and terrace give u option for decaf.

I have not gone up to the top deck but I will try to get answer today

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just had a massage
I never use the spa on o but I have a large nonrefundable obc so ....,

Massage was fine.

Steam room was fabulous. Beautiful small gold and copper tiles with mosaic walls. Have no idea if it was redone since I never used before

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

[quote name='pacheco18']Baristas is full service. Regular or decaf. Even the new machines in horizons and terrace give u option for decaf.

I have not gone up to the top deck but I will try to get answer today

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app[/QUOTE]

Yes there is -- where the cabanas used to be. Putting green on deck 11

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app Edited by pacheco18

[quote name='JAKUEHNLE']My mother - in - law will be on the next cruise. She wonders how the weather is this time of year.:)[/QUOTE]

Unpredictable. Could be sunny or rainy. Sixty five or forty
Layer. You need warm clothes Bring rain poncho, hat gloves, warm socks and study shoes.

Dinner in Polo tonight was superb
Crab cake appetizer
Maine lobster
Great food and service

The screaming toddlers were next door in Toscana and I could hear them in polo
Just so unfair to passengers looking to have a lovely dinner
What is wrong with these parents/grandparents?
Utterly selfish with no regard for others

I really think o needs to set an age minimum
IMO Any child under 5 just does not belong on these ships

[QUOTE]I really think o needs to set an age minimum
IMO Any child under 5 just does not belong on these ships [/QUOTE]

[SIZE="3"]+1 Or at the very least a Children's Dining Room.
When I was a Child, [I][U]every[/U][/I] ship had one.[/SIZE]

[quote name='pacheco18']Dinner in Polo tonight was superb
Crab cake appetizer
Maine lobster
Great food and service

I really think o needs to set an age minimum
IMO Any child under 5 just does not belong on these ships

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app[/QUOTE]

When we were on the Regatta in April I thought Polo was absolutely the best we've ever experienced it on Oceania. While always enjoyable, but generally our least favorite specialty, I thought it was exceptional recently on Regatta.

[quote name='ORV']When we were on the Regatta in April I thought Polo was absolutely the best we've ever experienced it on Oceania. While always enjoyable, but generally our least favorite specialty, I thought it was exceptional recently on Regatta.[/QUOTE]

In my experience the quality of the specialties varies cruise by cruise. On this cruise both are excellent

[quote name='JimandStan'][SIZE="3"]+1 Or at the very least a Children's Dining Room.
When I was a Child, [I][U]every[/U][/I] ship had one.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Finally a use for Privee on the O class ships :D

The card room on the R ships

I know we are all having a good laugh but I cannot emphasize how many cruisers are commenting on this annoyance. What a way to ruin a meal. O will lose nothing by prohibiting kids 5 and under from sailing. It will lose some of its regular demographic if these uncontrollable toddlers continue to ruin meals.

BTW - these toddlers were all dragged to trivia too.

I plan to include this point in my end of cruise evaluation.
Jan -- you have FDR's ear ....

I couldn't agree more about children under 5 on Oceania, especially poorly behaved ones ... makes no sense to me at all. I can't understand why any thinking adult would even want to go on an Oceania cruise with screaming toddlers ... where is the joy in that? Why not choose Royal Caribbean, Disney or Carnival where they are prepared for children?

We've only been on 2 Oceania cruises and were so fortunate that the few children on board were impeccably well behaved. For the sake of the majority of passengers, they should at least be restricted from certain parts of the ship.

There are ways to travel with young children as to not disturb others. We travel with our grandchildren ages 4&5 and have not had any problems what so ever. They have been taught how to act when out in public, and enjoy traveling.
We will have them on the Riviera this winter with the rest of the adult family. They will eat up in the Grill at 6 o'clock with us, and the rest of the family will be free to dine where and when they like.
We will spend our days out in port, give them a swim when we return, and then they will play in their room until dinner.....not disturbing to anyone. We bring lots of movies from home for the evenings after dinner.
Traveling with family makes great memories if done right. All it takes is a little planning and common sense. Edited by dlouise

[quote name='pacheco18']Dinner in Polo tonight was superb
[/QUOTE]

Why didn't the parents/grandparents leave the dining venue when they started to act up?

[quote name='dlouise']
We will have them on the Riviera this winter with the rest of the adult family. They will eat up in the Grill at 6 o'clock with us, [/QUOTE]
You may want to get them a snack at tea time as the Terrace does not open until 6:30pm & Waves Grill usually close at 4 pm

my big kid needs to eat sooner than 6:30pm so afternoon tea works out for a small snack to hold us over until dinner time