Airport Transportation

What is the best transportation from the Los Angelos Airport (LAX) to Crown Plaza Hotel in San Padre.....I am looking into the Shuttles vs Taxi. I need the most reliable since my flight leaves at 11:30 on the return trip.

Edited by travelingcruisers
not finsihed

Quickest and most expensive way is by taxi. And, it could be very expensive if there's traffic or an accident on the freeway. Otherwise, I'd book SuperShuttle or Prime Time Shuttle. Both have shuttles that go from LAX to San Pedro on a continuous basis. Returning to LAX, they again have shuttles that leave continuously. Granted, you have to wait for the shuttle to fill but it's pretty quick when returning to LAX as people are pouring out of the terminal to get the shuttle.

You can reserve a super shuttle ride for just you. Then you don't have to worry about traffic and a taxi fare increasing, plus you are guaranteed no stops before the cruise port. We have always found Super Shuttle to be reliable and use them alot.

Check out Shuttle2LAX (A front for Prime Time/GO Shuttle) It is shared ride shuttle. $20.00 flat price + I believe $14 per additional person.

http://shuttletolax.com/

So you can compare, In the LA area we have these shared ride shuttle companies

Super Shuttle: www.supershuttle.com

and

Prime Time/GO http://www.primetimeshuttle.com/

If you take a shuttle take Super Shuttle.

We had issues in March with Prime Time at LAX, waited for over an hour and the attendant and a supervisor who showed up kept saying it was on its way trying to avoid having us walk over to SS. We ended up using PT and on the return gave us 2 different prices. Pretty dicey workings.

We will not use them again. :(

If you take a shuttle take Super Shuttle.

We had issues in March with Prime Time at LAX, waited for over an hour and the attendant and a supervisor who showed up kept saying it was on its way trying to avoid having us walk over to SS. We ended up using PT and on the return gave us 2 different prices. Pretty dicey workings.

We will not use them again. :(

I have had the same issue at least three times with Super Shuttle. It's a crap shoot no matter what you do.

I had major issues with Prime Time too for our 2010-11 cruise. Had booked a pickup for an exclusive vehicle from our house in the San Fernando Valley to take us to the port (which is in San Pedro, BTW -- for the OP), 50 miles away (normally we just park at the port, but two weeks worth of luggage was not going to fit in either of our trunks). And booked the return pickup from the port to our house.

When the vehicle wasn't there at our selected time, I called PT and was told that the driver was waiting for us at the "harbor." I had to talk to the supervisor who tried to tell me there wasn't any driver around and wanted to know when our sailing time was. That really set me off (I wasn't about to wait til mid afternoon because of their screw up and risk not getting to the ship on time) so I insisted that someone better show up right away. Finally a van came for us. And btw, we did have a confirmation email that gave the correct info and fortunately I took that with us on the cruise.

Two weeks later, we got off the ship and got our luggage to the shuttle pick up area. I went up to the PT curbside rep and showed him the email. He couldn't find our name on his list. He called up his office who insisted that our driver was waiting for us, yep at our house. The poor guy (who was also dealing with some other booking mess ups that morning -- not kidding) said no, that can't be as we needed a vehicle here. She actually argued with him (I can hear every word as I was standing next to him) that we were supposed to be at our house.:mad:

So never, ever going to book with PT again. The next time we booked with On Time and didn't have any problems. Plus, when I got a phone call before each of those pickups, it was from a real person and not a recording that "our driver was on the way" like with PT -- which of course doesn't help if the driver is on the way to the wrong location.:rolleyes:

What is the best transportation from the Los Angelos Airport (LAX) to Crown Plaza Hotel in San Padre.....I am looking into the Shuttles vs Taxi. I need the most reliable since my flight leaves at 11:30 on the return trip.

Personally I wouldn't book a post-cruise flight out of LAX before noon and even that time would make me nervous. One of my disembarkations in San Pedro started very late, which wasn't a problem for us as we were just driving home.

We had a similar experience with Prime Time years ago going to the airport. Never showed up, kept saying they were on the way. Finally I drove to the airport and parked the car and paid the parking fee. Barely made it to our flight. Will never use them again.

You do not have to use the same type transportation from LAX to your hotel as you use from the ship to LAX.

Since I don't use shuttles to travel from the airport to the hotel in San Pedro, I don't recommend them. When we arrive in LAX we always book a town car that is either waiting for us at baggage or just outside the terminal. They have never been late and it is a much more refreshing way for us to travel to our destination.

I figure that since I am spending thousands of dollars on a cruise, and spending hundreds of dollars for tips on the ship, an extra $70 or $80 dollars on myself is well worth it.:)

The OP has not made any other posts, so hard to tell if they have been back here to see the responses.

to the OP and others - it sure makes things easier to find when the TITLE is a bit more descriptive - like " Airport Transportation from LAX to San Pedro" or whatever.

By the way, I think the the OP is also asking about transportation from the pier to LAX for their return as well.

The OP has not made any other posts, so hard to tell if they have been back here to see the responses.

to the OP and others - it sure makes things easier to find when the TITLE is a bit more descriptive - like " Airport Transportation from LAX to San Pedro" or whatever.

By the way, I think the the OP is also asking about transportation from the pier to LAX for their return as well.

Agree. I think the OP had originally posted this in the Princess forum and it was moved here. I'm guessing that he or she didn't realize that by not being specific, most people won't bother to move cursor over the title to see if what's visible (the first line or so) reveals the question.