Would you rather have an outside all the way forward or an interior midship

We have been happy with OV cabins on Decks 2 and 3 on past cruises. Have you looked at an OV on Deck 2 forward? Those cabins are larger than others and are in a quiet area of the ship. Also do a Google search for best cabins Grandeur. A site will pop up that gives advice on cabins.

Have you stayed in one of those? We were recently in 2024 and my sister was in 2026. According to the deck plan, my cabin was bigger. But they were both the same size. Just asking because sometimes deck plans are deceiving:)

Edited by Lady Hudson

Because they are interior rooms, we haven't spent much time in the rooms, and have found some lovely quiet spots elsewhere. I am aspiring to balcony hopefully this year, but cruising isn't just about sitting on your balcony, and I don't think it drags down the whole purpose of cruising.

Perhaps once you've experienced a balcony cabin (for comparison), your assessment might just change.

Even a first-time cruiser couple that recently traveled with us commented "we couldn't even fathom an interior cabin now that we've seen what a balcony room is like...". They made that comment the 2nd day on the cruise...it didn't take long.

Hi,

Oops, got it wrong, as I realise you can't be forward and aft at the same time ( can you tell we are newbies :o )

Our cabin is forward on the right side if you follow me , anyway it appears to be near the anchor :eek:

Sounds like you have a front starboard cabin...enjoy the view. :)

Have you stayed in one of those? We were recently in 2024 and my sister was in 2026. According to the deck plan, my cabin was bigger. But they were both the same size. Just asking because sometimes deck plans are deceiving:)

We checked the square footage with our TA. How did you like those cabins?

I am really wondering if anyone reading this has had a cabin very far forward on ANY Vision class ship. Motion? Smaller because of the tapering of the ship's hull? NOISE AT DOCKING???????

:)

We were in Owners Suite 8001 way forward on the Legend and didn't notice any motion or noise from the anchor. It was a delight. :)

Perhaps once you've experienced a balcony cabin (for comparison), your assessment might just change.

Even a first-time cruiser couple that recently traveled with us commented "we couldn't even fathom an interior cabin now that we've seen what a balcony room is like...". They made that comment the 2nd day on the cruise...it didn't take long.

Yes I agree but we don't have the choice, but I would rather cruise than not cruise. Also I suppose when travelling with teenagers it loses its romantic appeal, so best saved for when we can actually spend quiet time together ... Roll on the years :D

I had the cabin directly below this one and I had no problems. If you don't mind the motion of the ship you should be fine. We had a very rough 1st day at sea and I woke to lots of rolling motion and it made getting dressed a challenge but I like the motion and knowing I'm at sea. Anchor noise depends on the itinerary I sailed to Bermuda so no anchoring for me. If you are a seasoned sailor and don't have motion sickness issues you should be fine.

I had a OV on deck 4 right where the ship starts to get narrow going towards the bow...

It bounced like a car on a PA road that the roving PennDot Pot hole repair crew missed...:eek: And the seas were not that bad....

It's likely that any cabin on deck 5 or below will feel more of the impacts of waves regardless of the location front-to-back...you're simply closer to the motion in the ocean. :D

We've had 2 balcony cabins near the front on Adventure and Radiance...not the bigger ships...and hardly felt any motion at all...but then...we were on decks 10 and 9 respectively.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

Distance is not an issue at all. As far as I am concerned, the Grandeur is SMALL in terms of walking all the way forward or aft.

I just got OFF the Grandeur. I had such a good time that I booked another cruise while on board. I already have my cabin assignment, as I wrote in the original post. This past week I was in 8078, a Junior Suite all the way aft on the port side, but not "on" the aft. So walking all the way forward is not an issue.

I am really wondering if anyone reading this has had a cabin very far forward on ANY Vision class ship. Motion? Smaller because of the tapering of the ship's hull? NOISE AT DOCKING???????

:)

Not on a Viion class but on the Monarch. A B2B2B right up front. The only time we heard noise up front was the days at Coco Cay where we tendered and they dropped anchor. We had relatively calm seas so did not notice any difference in motion.

We checked the square footage with our TA. How did you like those cabins?

Our cabin was great -- plenty of room. We need a refrigerator for medical reasons and it would have been tight if I couldn't have convinced the steward to take the desk chair away (refrigerator went under the desk).

2026 was another matter. There was a loud noise ever time someone walked in the middle of the room -- like the floor was shifting. Steward said there was nothing to be done. My favorite rooms are near the aft elevators on either 2, 3 or 4. Very convenient to the centrum.

Whereas I agree that its nicer to have a balcony, if its a choice of going on, or not going on, a cruise, then I would choose the cruise.

We have been financially limited to interior or ocean view on all our cruises so far, and realistically we have afforded 5, but had we chosen balconies on those then we probably would have only been on two.

Because they are interior rooms, we haven't spent much time in the rooms, and have found some lovely quiet spots elsewhere. I am aspiring to balcony hopefully this year, but cruising isn't just about sitting on your balcony, and I don't think it drags down the whole purpose of cruising.

Or perhaps not. Peggy's next cruise will be her 100th. She's been in every type of cabin & suite that exists. She would agree without reservation with Adayatatime. Five cruises in interior or OV beats two cruises in a balcony hands down.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

on the Grandeur?

I have an interior (3053) that I received as a result of an interior guarantee booking.

3008 is available for the same (actually lower) price.

Would you keep the midship interior or take the cabin all the way forward with two portholes?

The outside is 15 square feet larger, unless it loses real estate because it's most of the way forward.

I wouldn't sail in an interior cabin period. So I would take the outside only.

Me & my husband are going on our 1st cruise on Indy & have booked an interior gty. We have been given a stateroom on deck 7 at the front. Neither of us gets seasick, walking isnt an issue, & were arent claustrophobic so saving money on an inside cabin seems logical to us. What i do wonder about is noise from adjacent rooms, are they relatively sound proof because having rowdy neighbours can spoil an otherwise great holiday!

Me & my husband are going on our 1st cruise on Indy & have booked an interior gty. We have been given a stateroom on deck 7 at the front. Neither of us gets seasick, walking isnt an issue, & were arent claustrophobic so saving money on an inside cabin seems logical to us. What i do wonder about is noise from adjacent rooms, are they relatively sound proof because having rowdy neighbours can spoil an otherwise great holiday!

All RCI staterooms regardless of location and category are well insulated against sound. However, there is no guarantee against excessively loud neighbors anywhere on the ship.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I personally would be worried about motion sickness.

I think you've sailed quite a bit out of Baltimore--sometimes there are a couple of days of rough seas. My whole family felt sick on an Enchantment cruise to the Bahamas in winter. One in our party was seasick on our Bermuda cruise on Grandeur last week. Both times we were glad to have mid-ship cabins to retreat to.

The interior cabins are pretty tiny, but I think I could probably spend my whole cruise happily sitting in the Schooner Bar.

All RCI staterooms regardless of location and category are well insulated against sound. However, there is no guarantee against excessively loud neighbors anywhere on the ship.

We have heard more noise from neighbors in balcony cabins than any other type of cabin. Insides have always been dark and quiet. No problem with noise in OV either.

We have heard more noise from neighbors in balcony cabins than any other type of cabin. Insides have always been dark and quiet. No problem with noise in OV either.

Certainly not challenging your experience, and I can see that if there is someone on their balcony talking loudly - in particular if your door is open - but there is nothing inherently more prone to noise in the construction of balcony stateroom than any other. They are all modular and constructed in the same manner.

We have stayed in several different staterooms over the years but stay in balcony staterooms almost exclusively and have not had issues with noisy neighbors such as you indicate. But as mentioned before excessively loud neighbors can be heard anywhere. Maybe just bad luck with your experiences with loud neighbors.

Then again, maybe it won't change. With the compressed pricing on O-class, for our last three cruises on that class balconies combined with D+ discounts were cheaper than interiors, so that is where we ended up. Sorry, I'd rather be on deck with new found friends than on my own private balcony; I spend less than 10 minutes a week on the balcony. If you think balconies are great (and certainly many people so), that's fine. But don't assume that everyone concurs.

Thom