Grandeur Pictures for your enjoyment

Thanks for the great review and detailed pictures. We are considering sailing on the Grandeur in the near future.

Those funny metal decorations near the Centrum also cruise on the Legend. I saw the staff cleaning all the decorative stones around them and inquired about them. They are supposed to represent people swaying to the music.

"Insider info" jokes aside, was Ruth the reason you selected the DL over the CL? Or were other reasons....location, view, friends, crowding, etc? I'm just curious about the options, though over 14 nights of our B2B we ought to be able to try both.

Francis is fantastic too! Interesting that a few months ago, I though Ruth was in CL and Francis was in DL. I hope one or both are still there when we sail in Nov. Have heard nothing but good things about Ruth.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Francis is fantastic too! Interesting that a few months ago, I though Ruth was in CL and Francis was in DL. I hope one or both are still there when we sail in Nov. Have heard nothing but good things about Ruth.

Francis and Ruth alternate between the two lounges. I think one moves into the concierge lounge when the other goes on vacation and someone substitutes in the diamond lounge. Ruth just came back from vacation August 30 so I'm with you in hoping she will be in one of the lounges in November. Both concierges are fantastic. You can't go wrong with either.

Grandeur entered the cut to the regular port and then did a u-turn and parked away from the other ships- near the entrance from the ocean. From there- easy exit through the parking lot, turn left and walk a lovely nature path right to the beach. Opens up new options to be parked out there- including a public bus that stops nearby.

Thanks! I know exactly the area. I have only been to the port once and enjoyed the ship that day while adult kids were off to WDW.

Carol thanks for all the wonderful pictures since I didn't take any. I agree with you Ruth is such as sweetheart.

Our cabin 8044 did have a pole. Just at the foot of the bed not too annoying.

Glad you liked the Grandeur and for letting me be on your trivia team.I wish they would put the Grandeur in Boston so I could cut my time in half.Only took us 5 hours to drive home.

MM, thanks for a great thread! Loved our recent Grandeur cruise and booked the same JR suite stateroom for a ten day next April.

No good place to put the coffee maker so we stowed it in one of the cabinets near the door and never used it.

I agree with you about the food but we never went hungry.

Enchantment was also at Coco Cay but it didn't feel that crowded. Then again, we're used to crowds "down the shore." ;)

Yo! That's "downashore". :mad: :p ;)

Webteach. .from your experience what berth provides the easy walk to Jeatty Beach. Thanks. Joyce

Sent from my LG-VS450PP using Forums mobile app

Joyce, the Grandeur docks at the (I think) SOUTH end.

My son picked me up and dropped me off there, and it was MUCH easier "in and out" than the other end, when I was on the Explorer visiting Port Canaveral.

Carol thanks for all the wonderful pictures since I didn't take any. I agree with you Ruth is such as sweetheart.

Our cabin 8044 did have a pole. Just at the foot of the bed not too annoying.

Glad you liked the Grandeur and for letting me be on your trivia team.I wish they would put the Grandeur in Boston so I could cut my time in half.Only took us 5 hours to drive home.

What a great cruise with great people. (YOU!)

See you on the Quantum!

:)

/QUOTE]

Hahahaha I stand corrected. Now, let's see your beach tag!! :p

I may live in CT but growing up in the Philly suburbs that is correct!

Joyce, the Grandeur docks at the (I think) SOUTH end.

My son picked me up and dropped me off there, and it was MUCH easier "in and out" than the other end, when I was on the Explorer visiting Port Canaveral.

Thanks so much! I look forward to my next visit there.

Francis is really good. He actually came from Oasis originally. My understanding is that when he left for vacation last year Ruth moved from the CL to the DC, where she remained. Not sure if with rotations Francis will be in the CL when we cruise again in July but they are both very good Concierges.

While both lounges are nice, we really enjoy the DC on Grandeur!

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Francis is really good. He actually came from Oasis originally. My understanding is that when he left for vacation last year Ruth moved from the CL to the DC, where she remained. Not sure if with rotations Francis will be in the CL when we cruise again in July but they are both very good Concierges.

While both lounges are nice, we really enjoy the DC on Grandeur!

The DC won't be available to me for a while...lol.

Thanks Carol for the most excellent review and pictures!

My daughter and I are sailing a back to back beginning tomorrow - so excited to be back on the Grandeur. We did a triple back to back last year and had the experience of a lifetime :)

We absolutely LOVE Ruth! I so hope she is in the DL - one of the sweetest ladies on the ship.

Could you tell me who the captain is? We sailed with Trond last year and are so hoping he's back on board.

Oh, Darryl and Desmond - what an incredible duo! We love, love, love them and can't wait to see them again!!!

Thanks again!

Debbie

Thanks Carol for the most excellent review and pictures!

My daughter and I are sailing a back to back beginning tomorrow - so excited to be back on the Grandeur. We did a triple back to back last year and had the experience of a lifetime :)

We absolutely LOVE Ruth! I so hope she is in the DL - one of the sweetest ladies on the ship.

Could you tell me who the captain is? We sailed with Trond last year and are so hoping he's back on board.

Oh, Darryl and Desmond - what an incredible duo! We love, love, love them and can't wait to see them again!!!

Thanks again!

Debbie

Enjoy this year's B2B. We're looking forward to July!

BTW you will pass carolinan tomorrow as they will be disembarking her as you arrive!

Enjoy this year's B2B. We're looking forward to July!

BTW you will pass carolinan tomorrow as they will be disembarking her as you arrive!

Thanks so much! :)

Sorry to ask, but what ship is the Carolinan? That should add some more excitement to the port! We plan on arriving early and hope to be on board by 11 :)

Thanks again - I hope you'll enjoy your cruise!!!

Debbie

Thanks so much! :)

Sorry to ask, but what ship is the Carolinan? That should add some more excitement to the port! We plan on arriving early and hope to be on board by 11 :)

Thanks again - I hope you'll enjoy your cruise!!!

Debbie

Sorry I wan't clear - let me clarify. Carolinan was a couple who was part of our roll call on our week with you last year. We've kept in touch with them since then and they are on Grandeur this week. (We will be sailing with them on Freedom in October).

So it is they you will be passing as they disembark Grandeur tomorrow. :)

Sorry I wan't clear - let me clarify. Carolinan was a couple who was part of our roll call last year. We've kept in touch with them since then and they are on Grandeur this week. (We will be sailing with them on Freedom in October).

So it is they you will be passing as they disembark Grandeur. :)

Oh gosh, now I feel even nuttier than I already am, lol. That name does ring a bell now that I think of it! I was just thinking is this a new ship? haha

It's going to be a quick in and out of the parking lot for my sweet husband who's dropping us off and will pick us back up on the 20th. I can't wait to hear that first "Bong" of the SeaPass card and smell that great ship smell as we enter for the first time :)

Thanks again!

Debbie

Oh gosh, now I feel even nuttier than I already am, lol. That name does ring a bell now that I think of it! I was just thinking is this a new ship? haha

It's going to be a quick in and out of the parking lot for my sweet husband who's dropping us off and will pick us back up on the 20th. I can't wait to hear that first "Bong" of the SeaPass card and smell that great ship smell as we enter for the first time :)

Thanks again!

Debbie

I'm sure with your B2B2B last year its hard to keep us all straight! :D They are from Raleigh and sat next to us at the M & M.

Might make a good ship name, though...:)

Again, enjoy your cruises!

Thanks for the pictures.

Did you try Izumis?

We're booked for the NYE trip this year and we're excited. First cruise with the kids.

I'll do a little shout out to Jane, who I met on the Independence last year and pretty much convinced us the Grandeur was a good idea. Thanks again. Looking forward to it.

I am thrilled to hear such good things about the ship and see how some of you loyally sail it often. Considering we haven't gone on a lot of cruises, a ship (without having to add airfare) was something we targeted.