Looks like drink vouchers are here to stay

Has anyone who is cruising on the Allure for the 6/29 departure received an email regarding the drink vouchers for this cruise?

I am scheduled to be on the 6/29 sailing of Allure and would love to have this feature....some of my travel mates may not be eligible for the lounge benefit as I am and it would be nice to have drinks with them.

Tests were run in March on Navigator, Indy and maybe a couple more. Guess it was successful:) Explorer and Indy started with the vouchers 6/14. All ships should have this by the end of September. You will be notified in a letter in your stateroom from the Diamond Concierge if it is on your cruise. Sailing this Sunday on Navigator, but I don't expect the vouchers to be available yet.

Just off Legend on Wednesday. No one would admit to having any knowledge of this coming to them. Hopefully, it will relieve some of the crowding.

Ray in NH

Vision of the Seas June 9 to 19 had a Diamond lounge with unlimited cocktails and hors d'ouerves open each evening. Well done! No vouchers.

Claire

Navigator of the Seas, March 23 to 30th had a diamond lounge with unlimited cocktails and hors d'oeuvres open each evening AND had three drink vouchers loaded on my seapass card as well. Even MORE well done IMHO. Nice to have options. :)

• 2 weeks later...
. At the Wacky Seagull, I asked a Majesty bar tender if the Diamond Event was still just wine or were D, D+ and Pinnacles served cocktails similar to the DLs and CLs. He said the Majesty has been serving the same drinks as the DLs and CLs for months in the Viking Crown Lounge.

So, bottles of beer too, I'd assume. I guess I don't have to "hope" Majesty has vouchers in time if the DE is now serving similar to the DL.

This will be bad for off-peak cruisers (higher D+ and Pinnacle numbers).

During these cruises they will just limit CL to P and suites and D+/D can use the (overcrowded) D lounge or get their 3 drinks elsewhere.

My opinion is that the CL will remain first-come, first served. Most just will not enter once they see all the seats are taken by the "regulars." Do they complain later? I never have.

However, I was told that a sign was posted on Allure (June 8 sailing) advising the cocktail time was being staggered according to dinner times. I never saw the sign so possibly it offended too many and was removed before I went to the CL.

Hoppy

This past week we were on the Vision and it was at Coco Cay with the Majesty. At the Wacky Seagull, I asked a Majesty bar tender if the Diamond Event was still just wine or were D, D+ and Pinnacles served cocktails similar to the DLs and CLs. He said the Majesty has been serving the same drinks as the DLs and CLs for months in the Viking Crown Lounge.

He did not know if they would continue to have a special space in the VC allocated for the "Diamond Event" when the vouchers are initiated. I suspect not.

I can confirm this order any drink and even caviar and hot horderves

I hope someone will help out a (sort of) newbie.

We are on Grandeur next week. We have 5 RCCL cruises behind us and have only visited a lounge once. We are Diamond level (due to X).

Please tell me where we may go to take advantage of a complimentary drink.

Do we pay 75 or do we not get charged anything?

Is there service to seated guests?

We are in a Junior Suite. Does that affect anything?

I am really confused!!!!

Please tell me where we may go to take advantage of a complimentary drink.

Do we pay 75 or do we not get charged anything?

Is there service to seated guests?

We are in a Junior Suite. Does that affect anything?

Diamond Lounge is all the way aft on Deck 6.

You do not have to pay. There is no number limit on drinks served in the lounge. There is wait staff service. It is a limited drink menu but servers will be able to tell you what is available. Typically 5 - 8:30 PM.

Being in a JS does not have any impact on this.

I do like the idea of the drink vouchers. Traveling with family, we usually have early seating for dinner & not much time to spend in the lounge. It was always packed after dinner. It will be nice to enjoy a pre-dinner drink in the lounge (hopefully) then at a bar of our choosing after. Just for the record, I haven't received an email regarding this for our September cruise.

However, I was told that a sign was posted on Allure (June 8 sailing) advising the cocktail time was being staggered according to dinner times. I never saw the sign so possibly it offended too many and was removed before I went to the CL.

I wonder why they had to post that. That CL is huge. I would be offended too, if I paid for a suite with CL access and they told me when I could go in.

I think the vouchers are mainly to get rid of the overflow lounges. They don't want to staff them, and they could use them for something else.

I'm sure RC has a grand plan that ends up saving them boatloads of money.

I do like the idea of the drink vouchers. Traveling with family, we usually have early seating for dinner & not much time to spend in the lounge. It was always packed after dinner. It will be nice to enjoy a pre-dinner drink in the lounge (hopefully) then at a bar of our choosing after. Just for the record, I haven't received an email regarding this for our September cruise.

I didn't get an email either and I sail next week.

btw I was on the cruise with you that you lost your bracelet. Did you ever get it back?

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder why they had to post that. That CL is huge. I would be offended too, if I paid for a suite with CL access and they told me when I could go in.

I think the vouchers are mainly to get rid of the overflow lounges. They don't want to staff them, and they could use them for something else.

I'm sure RC has a grand plan that ends up saving them boatloads of money.

Excellent observation.

We just got off the Independence and had our first experience of the vouchers, I thought it was brilliant. The only thing we did which the big boffs and Revenue Manager would frown against was getting a glass of wine to take to dinner and this was only after all our bottles had been finished in the dining room.

We never got to use all the vouchers in the first week as we always managed to get a seat in the CL or DL. On the occasions we couldn't get a seat we headed for a bar for a free drink, happy customers alround. We tipped each time we got a drink on the voucher which reaped it's own rewards.

Edited by heatherb1958