123Go! : different rules for the German market

Cote d'or

With the new 123go! promotion going on at the moment, I was checking some itineraries at the German online agency which we use for most of our cruises. However, instead of having the choice of 1 out of 3 perks (and 2 out of 3 for European sailings), in Germany you can choose between the classic package OR the free gratuities, whether it's a European sailing or not. There's no option for OBC.

I contacted the agency to check if this wasn't a mistake on their website, but today they received a confirmation of the cruiseline that for the German market there is 1 perk to choose out of 2 (classic package or gratuities), also for European sailings.

When reading the general conditions on the Celebrity website, it looks like this is a worldwide promotion, without any exclusions for certain countries.

So it strikes me that apparently only for the German market they give less perks then the original promotion is supposed to. Any other countries that have different rules for this promotion ?

Hi!

It's always like that because every market has it's own promotions. (For Royal Caribbean it's of cause the same.)

The US promotions are often the best.

The current German promotion is the best for a long time. We don't have 123Go here. So don't wait too long ;)

Edited by swoonx

Hi!

It's always like that because every market has it's own promotions. (For Royal Caribbean it's of cause the same.)

The US promotions are often the best.

The current German promotion is the best for a long time. We don't have 123Go here. So don't wait too long

Hi swoonx, in the case of this 123go! it seemed like this was a worldwide promotion, since you can find it in the "special offers" in the Captain's Club section on the Celebrity website. So, like you said, in this case we better check some US agencies.;)

Btw, when booking in the past with this German online agency, we did receive 2 perks for European sailings. It's the first time this happens.

Edited by Cote d'or

I've also seen it the other way, Europeans getting 2 selections, and the US only 1 option. They come and go and vary based on the need of the line to fill cabins in particular markets.

I've also seen it the other way, Europeans getting 2 selections, and the US only 1 option. They come and go and vary based on the need of the line to fill cabins in particular markets.

That's the point : it's not "Europe" in total, it's 1 European country to which this applies. Surrounding countries have 2 selections. :confused:

With the new 123go! promotion going on at the moment' date=' I was checking some itineraries at the German online agency which we use for most of our cruises. However, instead of having the choice of 1 out of 3 perks (and 2 out of 3 for European sailings), in Germany you can choose between the classic package OR the free gratuities, whether it's a European sailing or not. There's no option for OBC.

I contacted the agency to check if this wasn't a mistake on their website, but today they received a confirmation of the cruiseline that for the German market there is 1 perk to choose out of 2 (classic package or gratuities), also for European sailings.

When reading the general conditions on the Celebrity website, it looks like this is a worldwide promotion, without any exclusions for certain countries.

So it strikes me that apparently only for the German market they give less perks then the original promotion is supposed to. Any other countries that have different rules for this promotion ?[/quote']

The majority of CC members Check out all sites including the USA for the best offer prior to booking. You may get additional benefits via the USA.

The majority of CC members Check out all sites including the USA for the best offer prior to booking. You may get additional benefits via the USA.

We've booked many cruises, but never in the USA. I guess there's a first time for everything. ;) Although one always has to be careful : I noticed on some US online agencies the offers only apply for US and Canadian citizens (I'm always trying to find and read the small prints).

That's the point : it's not "Europe" in total' date=' it's 1 European country to which this applies. Surrounding countries have 2 selections. :confused:[/quote']

Even in the USA, different states' residents can get different cabin fares, I even found one recently that North Dakota residents got special pricing...very weird, I get it if florida or New Yorkers get special deals, but it was North Dakota!

Even in the USA, different states' residents can get different cabin fares, I even found one recently that North Dakota residents got special pricing...very weird, I get it if florida or New Yorkers get special deals, but it was North Dakota!

And what's wrong with North Dakotans getting special deals? Why should X be exclusive, choosing only passengers from Florida or NY? It is quite reasonable that X would offer resident rates to all areas of the country.

But we digress, the OP was talking about offers for Germany, not the US.

Cote d´Or,

sorry, but obviously you´re relied on the US website (.com) which is not valid for bookings via Frankfurt. On the German website (.de) there´s no "123go!" Promo mentioned. The only place you can see that this is a similar promo is when you look at the promo code.

Different countries, different rules!

steamboats

Cote d´Or,

sorry, but obviously you´re relied on the US website (.com) which is not valid for bookings via Frankfurt. On the German website (.de) there´s no "123go!" Promo mentioned. The only place you can see that this is a similar promo is when you look at the promo code.

Different countries, different rules!

steamboats

Hi steamboats,

It's confusing. This is what I do to see the prices in Germany : I go to the general website (.com) and on the bottom of the homepage I choose Germany as country. When I log in with "My Celebrity" and I go to "Exclusive offers" in the Captain's Club part, I can see the "Special 123Go! offer for Captain's Club members".

I do hope the extra credits (25 or 50 for suites) do apply for every country.

Apart from our first cruise, which we booked via German online agency, we have always booked via a large US online agency - by phoning them. About 8 cruises so far with no problems at all, just larger benefits and of course good exchange rate.

We tried via US Celebrity once, but this was too complicated ; the Captains Club had to switch us to International as they could not use our European adres in their system, then question was why not book with Celebrity Europe, and would have to check which promotions/benefits might (not) apply, etc. etc.

Might have worked, but after 1 hour being switched forth and back, told them to forget it and went back to our US TA, who had no problems booking us at US conditions.

Edited by Michidoeme

The country selection only updates the currency. The Captain's Club area is always the same. And always read the fine print :)

The country selection not only updates the currency, but also the prices per country. Same cruise, different prices in Germany, Belgium, France, etc...

Oh, I did read the fine prints in the Captain's Club area about the 123Go !, and couldn't find anything that could exclude other countries. ;)

Fact is that in the past we booked many cruises with this German agency and we always received 2 perks for European sailings when there was a 123go promotion. This is the first time we would only get one.

Apart from our first cruise, which we booked via German online agency, we have always booked via a large US online agency - by phoning them. About 8 cruises so far with no problems at all, just larger benefits and of course good exchange rate.

We tried via US Celebrity once, but this was too complicated ; the Captains Club had to switch us to International as they could not use our European adres in their system, then question was why not book with Celebrity Europe, and would have to check which promotions/benefits might (not) apply, etc. etc.

Might have worked, but after 1 hour being switched forth and back, told them to forget it and went back to our US TA, who had no problems booking us at US conditions.

Like I said before : there a first time for everything, so the time has come for us to book in the USA. ;)

Like I said before : there a first time for everything' date=' so the time has come for us to book in the USA. ;)[/quote']

Good idea! We're from Belgium too and always book with a US agent, much better deal. The agent always adds a really nice OBC himself too.

Feel free to PM for details :-)

An agent in the UK is offering 1234Go! and you can get all 4 perks for European sailings, the extra one being free wifi though it says there are terms and conditions. Aren't there always! However, their cabin prices are so much more expensive than booking with a US agent it still wouldn't be a good offer.

Denise

Good idea! We're from Belgium too and always book with a US agent, much better deal. The agent always adds a really nice OBC himself too.

Feel free to PM for details :-)

Hi, WS80. If you (or others) want to drop me an email, you can do that at :

cotedor66 at gmail dot com

I already know some big US online agencies, but it's always interesting to read others experiences. ;)

An agent in the UK is offering 1234Go! and you can get all 4 perks for European sailings, the extra one being free wifi though it says there are terms and conditions. Aren't there always! However, their cabin prices are so much more expensive than booking with a US agent it still wouldn't be a good offer.

Denise

Aaah yes, the inevitable "terms & conditions"... who could live without them ! :D

Hi Michidoeme, it would be interesting to know about your experience with your online agency in the US. These boards don't allow PM, but you can email me at : cotedor66 (at) gmail (dot) com. I would appreciate !

We are really new to cruising - just completed the first one to Alaska in May... but keep hearing about travel agent OBC... we have booked a second cruise and no one has ever said anything about a TA OBC... do all TA do this? do I need to ask? do I need to change my TA?

We are really new to cruising - just completed the first one to Alaska in May... but keep hearing about travel agent OBC... we have booked a second cruise and no one has ever said anything about a TA OBC... do all TA do this? do I need to ask? do I need to change my TA?

Yes, you need to get quotes from several TAs. Once you find one that offer's TA OBC you should receive it with every quote. This has been my experience. You can get great service and OBC. Personally I am not convinced that a TA that does not give OBC provides any better service, but I do value the relationship.

And what's wrong with North Dakotans getting special deals? Why should X be exclusive, choosing only passengers from Florida or NY? It is quite reasonable that X would offer resident rates to all areas of the country.

I just found it very odd that a silting offered only a discount to North Dakota residents is all, and it made an analogy that while Europe had a program, poor old Germany had one unique to it, just like USA had a program, then North Dakota got a fare unique to it.

States near cruise ports I get them having last minute specials, to fill left over cabins...

It would have seemed more logical if several midwest staters were included, or even North AND South Dakota even....LOL It was just an oddity I stumbled across researching historical fares is all. No slight to North Dakota'ns!

I'm with you, C-Dragons! Absolutely NOTHING wrong with North Dakotans getting special deals! I've seen them for states all over the U. S. And why not?! No one state should be any more special than another.