Happy Hour Gone?

flourpot

Hi all,

I remember that there used to be a happy hour where you could get certain drinks (smaller versions of the pina colada, strawberry daquiri, etc.) at a discounted price from something like 9pm onward and from 4-5pm. I don't remember seeing this advertised lately. Does anyone know if that promotion is still going on, or if it disappeared?

Thanks!

When I was on the Star in 2012, happy hour had been replaced with a punch card. You got a certain amount of punches for different types of drinks, and when you filled the card you could enter it in a raffle at the end of the cruise; they drew one card and wiped that person's bar bill clean.

Well whatever it was called, they didn't have it back in 2012, at least not on the ship we were on. We asked our favorite bartender about it, which is how we found out about the punch cards. I don't know if that's still going on, or if it was on other ships or in other parts of the world.

Well whatever it was called, they didn't have it back in 2012, at least not on the ship we were on. We asked our favorite bartender about it, which is how we found out about the punch cards. I don't know if that's still going on, or if it was on other ships or in other parts of the world.

It was available in 2012 but they never advertised it, at least on all the ships we were on.

It was on the back of the drink menu's.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

It was available in 2012 but they never advertised it, at least on all the ships we were on.

It was on the back of the drink menu's.

That's curious, because I noticed in my notes for my review from back then that we specifically asked the bartender if there was still Power Hour (we had read about it here on CC before sailing), and we were told no. That's when we were told about the punch card (which wasn't hardly advertised either)

That's curious, because I noticed in my notes for my review from back then that we specifically asked the bartender if there was still Power Hour (we had read about it here on CC before sailing), and we were told no. That's when we were told about the punch card (which wasn't hardly advertised either)

In Princess fashion there were some posters reviews 6 months or so ago that said there was still a version of this Power Hour on their cruise. :eek:

Another feable attempt at consistantcy. :(

We were on the Grand and Star in 2013 and the Emerald earlier this year. There were "happy priced" drinks at the bars. It included some tropical drinks and some well drinks. The drinks were listed on the back of the bar menus, and not all menus had the inserts. You had to ask the waiter. They were available in the afternoon, maybe 2pm to 4pm and then again maybe 8pm to 10pm. They were not available during the normal pre-dinner cocktail hours. The drinks were not promoted, you have to look for them or ask the waiter regarding availability.

I no longer know if they are available since Princess has been offering the alcohol package.

On the Grand this past Feb. they had discounted drinks in the Princess theater and one other venue ( forget which one) during the shows every night.
They also had the same on the Grand in March. There were five different drinks like Long Island Iced Tea and Singapore Sling for $3.99. This was before the recent $1.00 increase in the price of most drinks :(

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Our Crooners bartender on the Emerald said it was better to buy the reg drink as the Power Hour ones were half the size. :(

He may have told you that but I paid twice as much for a Long Island Ice Tea in Explorers as I did during happy hour and it was an identical drink. This was last March on the Emerald.

Our Crooners bartender on the Emerald said it was better to buy the reg drink as the Power Hour ones were half the size. :(

So they were half the price at half the size. So... You essentially were paying the same price. So I'll just continue buying my Makers Mark and Southern Comfort and not worry about "unhappy hour" prices.

Edited by Treven

I asked on the Ruby(F&B) why drink specials(times/places) were not advertised prominently in the patters.

The policy seems to be they want people to ask the bar staff/servers about the offers around the ship.

This is supposed to be more effective than using up patter space.

I asked on the Ruby(F&B) why drink specials(times/places) were not advertised prominently in the patters.

The policy seems to be they want people to ask the bar staff/servers about the offers around the ship.

This is supposed to be more effective than using up patter space.

Princess don't want too many people buying Happy Hour drinks. How many people really know to ask? Very poor reasoning. They use a lot of space/wasted space in the Patter with useless junk.

How many people really know to ask? Very poor reasoning. They use a lot of space/wasted space in the Patter with useless junk.

The Patter lists sales in the Boutiques.

The Patter lists the sales in the Atrium.

The Patter lists the $10 item sale in a dining room.

The Patter lists the "garage sale" in the dining room.

The Patter lists laundry specials.

The Patter lists Internet package specials.

Seems to me they could also list any Happy Hour also.

Edited by caribill

Totally agree with you. In fact, some times there is so much junk, you can't find out anything of value. LOL

I guess they figure you're going to buy drinks regardless, but you may not use the others listed unless they advertise specials on them… :rolleyes:

There were Happy Hour drinks on the Emerald this past January! There were 5-6 different drinks including Pina Colada, and the happy hour was from 3-5pm and 8-10pm. It was advertised with a sign outside of one of the bars by the pool. I took advantage of the deal - I believe it was $3.99 a drink.