Funny question

They no longer do the lingerie origami. But some will use sunglasses and other things lying around.

Hmmm... Next time should bring a Towel Animal dress up box.

Like the original Mr Potato Head.

They no longer do the lingerie origami. But some will use sunglasses and other things lying around.

Hmmm... Next time should bring a Towel Animal dress up box.

Like the original Mr Potato Head.

The way they folded them was interesting. LOL

OK, I haven't cruised since the 80's. Way back then the room stewards used to set out the womens lingerie. Do they still do this?

If so were their any embarrassed ladies? And I wonder how embarrassed the stewards got.

I remember back at that time they would take my wife's night gown or robe and "sculpt" it into something like a flower each night. Sometimes it was impossible to tell what it was supposed to be. It was a little odd. :rolleyes:

Tim

I remember back at that time they would take my wife's night gown or robe and "sculpt" it into something like a flower each night. Sometimes it was impossible to tell what it was supposed to be. It was a little odd. :rolleyes:

Tim

I had almost forgotten that they folded them up differently. I was just remembering them getting them out.

When I cruised a lot in the 90s the room steward would use clothing laying around to make animals. They never used my lingerie but used sweatshirts, shirts and shorts. Probably people complained about having their stuff touched and that began the towel animal brigade!

When I cruised a lot in the 90s the room steward would use clothing laying around to make animals. They never used my lingerie but used sweatshirts, shirts and shorts. Probably people complained about having their stuff touched and that began the towel animal brigade!

Or I had the perverted room steward.

Tim

Well that's.... weird. I'm glad they don't do that anymore or I'd be hiding my night clothes, that's for sure! :p

When my wife sailed on Tropicale back early 90's she would leave put her pjs and come back to find them folded into all kinds of creatures. Most of her pics from the trip were of the designs she found when she returned from cabin. Never a repeat even though some were same item different color. It was actually one of her favorite memories...then again she was single and early 20's so creep factor was not in forefront of her mind at the time.

Edited by arubanut

On a romantic trip, friend's DH and the steward surprised her.

DH had purchased silk flower petals and battery-operated candles, and some silky fabric (i think from his mom's sewing kit). He tipped the steward to arrange the flower petals in a heart on the bed, make a super-extra-special pair of swans, and drape the fabric over the bedside lights. He laid out her silky nightie (new from DH), and arranged the candles.

She said it was so pretty and so romantic. She was glad, tho, that the new nightie wasn't too risque!

Well that's.... weird. I'm glad they don't do that anymore or I'd be hiding my night clothes, that's for sure! :p

I'm guessing that at some point in the past, many of the room stewards thought it was weird too. However, as a gag, I'd be tempted to put a pair of my boxers on the towel monkey just to get a laugh out of my wife.:D

OK, I haven't cruised since the 80's. Way back then the room stewards used to set out the womens lingerie. Do they still do this?

They really did use to set out women's night gowns and make them into creative designs. No bras and panties that I can remember.

Fortunately, they no longer do this. :)

LuLu

I had that for 2 cruises..summer 1980 and spring 1991 or 2...Epirotiki and Costa..LOL on the shoebox of towel props SadieN..they found the nightgown on the hook in bathroom or something..usually pulled to zero at the waist and fanned out to the bottom on the top of bed...

I think we like the towel animals better but it is a throw back to the whole deal...LOL...

I never felt like my stuff was riffled through...and kind of like a Princess...the age of Innocence...

Edited by sjn911

On our first Carnival cruise on the Festivale in '83 I believe, that happened to me. Fortunately, I had been warned by a friend. We had only been on one other cruise on Commodore out of New Orleans.

YES, I remember this! We cruised on the Mardi Gras in the mid 80's - in a port hole cabin with bunks!! You had to step into the shower in order to close the bathroom door.

They did lay out my nightgown and I wondered how they knew which bunk was mine............was told they SNIFFED the pillows to figure it out!!! :eek:

Edited by Fergus