Carnival after cruise care.

Jeffrey1950

Am I wrong for feeling annoyed ??

After I got off the Splendor this week I wrote on this site about my experience.

I would do this trip again in a heart beat. I wrote how wonderful everything was. However, one thing that did bother me and I decided to call Carnival today and voice my views on a topic. I was very rudely spoken to by the rep and hung up on him. Now please tell me am I unjustified in feeling the way I do or am I just being silly??

As, I have said in a previous post everything was good but although I did not mention it here before one thing did bother me while dining one night. Perhaps this has happened to others as well maybe I am over reacting....I do not know. There I was sitting enjoying my meal and some man dressed as a Pirate comes up behind me and leans over towards the front of me and motions with a toy sword or knife that he was going to do something to me. I personally did not find this very amusing.

Like I told Carnival supposing this was done to someone with heart trouble this could cause a problem for them. It was a shock for me. When I called today whomever it was I spoke to with an attitude said to me ( then maybe we should cut out all the fun and games then ) then he said if I had a heart problem Carnival would know about it and when I asked him and ( how would he know, he said have you sailed with Carnival before and when I said Yes, he said then they would know. Well, as it happens I was told last year that I had a heart murmur. I could not believe his attitude. He certainly did not represent Carnival very well. I wonder has this happened to anyone else? Or am I just over reacting further more when I go into a dining room I go in to eat not for fun and games.

yes and no. I see your point. Its like when somebody comes up from behind you and scares the crap out of you. as far as the pirate in the mdr, Im a different type of person, where this wouldn't bother me. I laugh and play along, im on vacation. Usually, you see the person with the camera on the other side of the table and he comes up behind you. If you had a problem with it, you could have went to guest services after dinner on board and addressed it right there and then. They aren't going to stop with the pirate or pictures like this on carnival...its a "fun ship". you mentioned, you go to the mdr to eat, not fun and games, this is carnival. the singing and dancing waiters, pictures etc, they aren't going away. IMO, did you enjoy being startled? no. but I would move on and not let it bother you anymore and let it be. you voiced your concern with carnival. you can always write or email, but like I said...they aren't doing away with it. Everytime I have called carnival, I have never had a problem with an agent.

Edited by cruise_girl2002

Since you have cruised before, you knew they did this in the MDR. You should have seen the photographer approach in front of you. Were you not dining alone?...perhaps someone at your table could have warned you or told the photographer to skip your table.

th_DSC06136_zps0931b70c.jpg

I was so "annoyed" with the pirate who interrupted my meal that when I saw him near the elevators outside the MDR I challenged him to a duel using my cane against his sword. Since I was recovering from hip surgery, I wasn't moving like Errol Flynn, but it was all captured on video for a good laugh.

Edited by evandbob

I would brush off the pirate thing, it was all in good fun. If a friend had done the same thing and startled you, or someone you don't know that maybe might have mistaken you for someone else, you would most likely laugh it off and carry on(Although I don't know you and maybe you hold grudges). Point is, the guy was doing his job and 9 out of 10 times people enjoy it.

Now, as for the rep, if he was as rude as you say and sort of brushed off your comments(I have never had this happen when talking to customer service for carnival, but I am sure it happens) that would be more concerning and you should have written down his name and tried to get in touch with the reps supervisor.

...I'm going to assume that by the title of your post "Carnival after cruise care" that you're more annoyed about the way the Carnival rep handled you call more than the Pirate with the toy knife.

...We all know that calling any Carnival rep is hit and miss. But, that's not an excuse. Contacting a representative of ANY company should be a positive and professional experience. But, I can only imagine the expression on that rep's face when the guy on the other side of the phone is calling about "how the dressed up pirate with the plastic knife scared him." Yes, the rep should have been professional about the way he or she handled the call, but maybe we should cut the rep some slack on this one.

...If I'm wrong, and it is actually the fact that the pirate's actions were not "amusing" to you, I'd say, just let it go. It's all in fun. You'll know for next time that there could be a pirate, a showgirl, or perhaps a life-sized elephant made from a towel that may come up to you for a picture during dinner. It's all just part of the Carnival fun.

I agree, you DID NOT get good Customer Service from that rep who answered the phone. They should have taken you're name and number and told you that the complaint had been recorded/noted, and if they needed more information from you, you would be contacted. ...And that should have been that!

I don't feel the Pirate is a problem in the MDR -- however, he has surprised me, too. I get to involved in conversation, I don't always pay attention to what's going on around me. It would be nice, if there was a pause and question: "May I get a photo with you?" to the table, before he starts. But, I don't think it warrants complaints or mentions.

Be sure on your next cruise to tell your head waiter that you don't want the Pirate to come up behind you. Have him note it somewhere and pray that the photographer sees it...

I'm glad you love Carnival -- I do too!!! :)

I don't care for the pirate picture or the candid pictures by the pool. When I see them coming I politely say, "no thank you" and they usually smile, nod and walk away. No harm no foul.

Original poster. Yes you should be annoyed at the lack of service/care you received when you called. I hope you got the persons name who was rude to you so you can let the higher ups know.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by CRU1Z1N

I don't care for the pirate picture or the candid pictures by the pool. When I see them coming I politely say, "no thank you" and they usually smile, nod and walk away. No harm no foul.

Original poster. Yes you should be annoyed at the lack of service/care you received when you called. I hope you got the persons name who was rude to you so you can let the higher ups know.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree. No matter what your complaint was, the rep was rude and should have taken you more seriously. A little kindness goes a long way.

OP, if something like this bothers you then that is how you feel. Next time try and get a table where you can have your back against a wall or something else like a post. This way no one can sneak on you.

As for the person who didn't take your concerns serious. If this happens again, get his/her name, along with the date and time of your phone call and write to corporate headquarters with <polite> suggestions on how their telephone representatives should answer concerns from their clients.

I think the OP was saying she's more annoyed with the customer service rep than the "pirate".

I have never seen the pirate thing. I wouldn't really mind, but it would definitely be mildly annoying. Anyway it sounds like the guy on the phone was completely out of line. That would really bother me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm amazed you have let this bother you for so long and actually took the time to call and complain. Yes, you totally overreacted. (You asked, you got my opinion)

This is exactly what I was thinking.

I'm glad you posted before me. I was trying to think of a way to be nice.

OP, I agree the rude rep was out of line. But if you wouldn't have called over something so silly, the rude phone call never would have happened.

I met the pirate in the elevator once. I just played along like I was getting my throat cut. I have the picture around here somewhere....fun memory!

Edited by KenMo

I think the OP was saying she's more annoyed with the customer service rep than the "pirate"

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well, if the pirate didn't annoy her, then she would never have called CS. It's a silly thing they do, most people must enjoy it. I think she overreacted by actually calling CS.

honestly what you described would not bother me in the least.

One thing I know about business is, if you are making 90% of your customers happy, you are making 10% unhappy.

You can never please everybody and you can't try to.

I personally hate the Pirate. (and most of the other "picture opportunities". I have kissed him before. (I am a guy) which usually gets him away from me. I have been tempted to plant the steak knife into his hand. (but it is my vacation and I don't want to have to deal with the legalities that would entail). I will pose with the show girls though.

I think the OP did have problems with Customer Care.

And I think they need to exile the Pirate to the entry where the dancing girls wait.

I am sorry that you received poor customer service. It was rude of the person to not take your concern seriously enough to at least pretend to write it down.

Thanks for the heads up about the pirate though. You might have saved me an assault charge. If startled, I strike first and ask questions later. Been that way my whole life, but now I have enough training to do damage. Do they do the pirate thing every night or only on a certain day?