Lobster Tails Apparently Gone on NCL

MATHA531

just returned from Norwegian Jade Eastern Med cruise.

No lobster tail in main dining room.

I asked the maitre'd and was told that lobster tails had been discontinued, replaced by shrimps.

I managed to have lobster tail in Le Bistro restaurant $20 cover charge plus $10 extra for choosing lobster for main course.

If I had to bet, more times than you.

You asked a question earlier: How does NCL keep people coming back?

Then you claimed to cruise more ON NCL than other posters.

So how does NCL keep you coming back?

As for the lobster, I'm glad they're keeping my fare a few bucks lower. Want lobster? Pay for lobster. Don't want lobster? Don't pay for it.

Stephen

That sucks and crappy.. I enjoyed the lobster tails.. Shame on ncl

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Given the choice between keeping the lobster and raising fares or cutting the lobster and not raising fares cut the lobster.

I personally don't see the big deal and I don't understand why some people are getting so bent out of shape over this. For crying out loud, you are on a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean..on vacation...with crew members waiting on you every fricken minute!!! I just don't get the fuss over lobster tails! Given the atmosphere, I think I would be content with peanutbutter and jelly!

Edited by momoftwinteens

I don't care about the lobster. I wonder what the threads will be like in 30 years of cost cutting. Please help they stopped adding jelly to the pb and j in main dining room and you must request the mustard on the bologna sandwich in cagneys.

This is my sentiment. I don't much care for the lobster either way but I am so tired of companies shorting the product "to keep the price down". I don't care if it's a cruise or a box of cereal. JUST RAISE THE PRICE. By shorting the product they're effectively raising prices anyway.

It's the Walmart mentality run wild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see signs of the apocalypse. First NCL stops serving lobster in the MDR and now the buffet. And now it is possible that Brazil and Argentina will pay each other in the world cup final. If this all comes together the universe could explode :eek:

There is a place in Rhode Island that is an all you can eat buffet. Currently the price is $91.00 per adult. There is a 2 hour time limit. They also have prime rib on the buffet along with tons of other stuff. They even offer dessert. Can't even imagine that.

just driving through Old Saybrook CT this weekend big sign all the lobster you can eat $36.99....didn't go however...

Part of an email that came yesterday in my Welcome aboard letter ;)

VIA A TINY GREEN FLAG

SCRUMPTIOUS LOBSTER IN THE MAIN DINING ROOM, NO BIB REQUIRED

FRESH SUSHI AND SASHIMI COMBO PREPARED RIGHT BEFORE YOUR EYES

Just off the Breakaway. "Lobster" Night was Monday night at the buffet. What the lobster was there were a few, very very few, pieces of lobster meat in an inedible pasta. How they can try to push this off as lobster is beyond comprehension.

Just off the Breakaway. "Lobster" Night was Monday night at the buffet. What the lobster was there were a few, very very few, pieces of lobster meat in an inedible pasta. How they can try to push this off as lobster is beyond comprehension.

Thanks for the confirmation. I've also read that NCL has changed the Every-Day choice of fish. Salmon has been replaced with breaded flounder on the anytime menu. Can you confiirm/deny?

We are in the group that's sad to hear that lobster has been removed. We used to go out to eat once a week and didn't usually get lobster tail unless it's a special occasion. Our income has declined over that past few years and going out to eat is one of the things we eliminated. I would rather give that up then my yearly cruise. Lobster tail is something we looked forward to eating as much as we wanted.

This is our first NCL cruise in the past 15yrs. We'll be going on the Gem in Oct. I'm going to have to break the news to my DH about this. I hope he won't cry, but, I'm willing to put out the extra for some good lobster tail in Le Bistro.

Maybe some don't care if it's off the menu, but what food item would be disappointing if it was taken away?

Being able to cruise is a luxury to us, especially how money is these days.

Here's the most irksome part of this whole mess. The absolutely disgraceful attitude of NCL to claim what they substituted i.e. a pasta with about 95% pasta and a few, very very few, pieces of lobster is a lobster dish. They tell people yes they will have lobster on a seafood buffet in the garden cafe or whatever; people go to the Garden Cafe and lo and behold go down the line looking for the lobster. When asked, they tell you in the pasta and I will tell you this pasta is almost inedible. Whether you like lobster tails or not, there comes a time when even the most frugal of operations has to level with its customers. To my way of thinking, and everybody is entitled to their opinion, the actions of NCL on this are simply reprehensible. At least tell the public what is going on and don't try to pull the wool over people's eyes.

Gem, Epic, Sun and Getaway still have " lobster" in a shell form-tail.

Breakaway and one other did not.

How do we know the whole fleet is going lobster- free? Why did they have lobster in Barcelona but not New York?

Hmmm.........

Some reactions to "this whole mess" are a bit over the top IMHO. Not to worry though. If enough people find the actions of NCL reprehensible and walk, they'll pay the price. Most of the lobster I've eaten on cruise ships left a lot to be desired anyway.

Gem, Epic, Sun and Getaway still have " lobster" in a shell form-tail.

Breakaway and one other did not.

How do we know the whole fleet is going lobster- free? Why did they have lobster in Barcelona but not New York?

Hmmm.........

What other conclusion can you reach? Isn't it obvious that as ships go through their supplies of lobster tails, this inedible pasta is being imposed on them? I don't see how you can reach any other conclusion.

Does this mean no lobster tails in Le Bistro or other specialty restaurants?

Still available in Le Bistro and as a choice at Teppanyaki. Not sure about Cagney's. I seem to remember looking at a menu and not seeing them but I wouldn't swear to that.