Falmouth Margaretaville

deb1eric

Hi all, my hubby and I will be on our first cruise next month and will be doing the horse ride/swim in Falmouth. I wanted to know if anyone knows when it is appropriate to tip the tour guides? Our info says to pay the driver the balance we owe for the tour upon pick up, in cash. but do we offer a tip AFTER the tour when the driver takes us back to port or upfront when we pay our bill? Just new to all this and wanna make sure we don't offend and do whatever is the norm. Thanks for your help!

On all our excursions, tipping was done at the end of the excursion.

Thanks for the pictures. We will be in Falmouth this week and will give Margaritaville a try. We have been to this port twice. Once we just walked around the RCCL man made port and the other time participated in a special event which was a 5k run sponsored by ESPN. There were plenty of guards and we ran the course through the town and back along the water. Will certainly give Magaritaville a try.

Thanks for the pictures. We will be in Falmouth this week and will give Margaritaville a try. We have been to this port twice. Once we just walked around the RCCL man made port and the other time participated in a special event which was a 5k run sponsored by ESPN. There were plenty of guards and we ran the course through the town and back along the water. Will certainly give Magaritaville a try.

Just FYI, this Margaritaville is inside the RCCL man made port. :)

If you buy a meal how long can you hang out in their pool?

In Grand Turk we didn't have to buy anything. We did end up buying lunch and a drink at the pool, but as far as I know, there's no requirement to purchase anything.

It is basically a very over priced hamburger restaurant playing Jimmy Buffett music.

Big time cheezy "tourist trap".

You should wander into Montego and try a real food stand...

Um, RCI docks in Falmouth. MontegoBay is about 21 miles away from Falmouth, so "wandering" there isn't really much of an option unless you want to ride in a cab for 40 min each way.

We've been to Falmouth twice and honestly, it's not our favorite port, but sitting by a pool at Margaritaville is what we'll probably do there. We really don't care for Jamaica.

We cruise to relax and quit taking all day excursions after about our 6th or 7th cruise and definitely not in every port.

Don't you get the feeling that *our* matj2000 could "wander" 21 miles? ;) :D

Don't you get the feeling that *our* matj2000 could "wander" 21 miles? ;) :D

21 miles is not far and it is worth the drive.

Especially if you are going to travel all that way to get to Jamaica.

Go the extra few miles.

Why stay in a "made by cruiseline" artificial port.

Falmouth is the same as Mahogany Bay(Carnival) or Grand Turk(Carnival).

I think he is a very unhappy person. There's a saying misery loves company and I feel it applies to him. His cup is ALWAYS half empty. Never has anything helpful to say to anyone.

I have plenty of helpful things to say, you just don't see everything.

I also tell it like it is, not through some "rose-colored cruise goggles" where everything is "Up with Royal Caribbean".

It may offend the loyalists, but somebody has to say it....

21 miles is not far and it is worth the drive.

Especially if you are going to travel all that way to get to Jamaica.

Go the extra few miles.

Why stay in a "made by cruiseline" artificial port.

Falmouth is the same as Mahogany Bay(Carnival) or Grand Turk(Carnival).

I have plenty of helpful things to say, you just don't see everything.

I also tell it like it is, not through some "rose-colored cruise goggles" where everything is "Up with Royal Caribbean".

It may offend the loyalists, but somebody has to say it....

I cruise many lines, not loyal to any. Little do you know, NOONE listens you to anyway, they just bypass your balderdash comments, you are just a negative person, you NEVER say anything positive. Life is too short to constantly have negative thoughts. I feel sorry for the Mrs to put up with your BS. I see right through you and the kind of person you are, very unhappy.

I cruise many lines, not loyal to any. Little do you know, NOONE listens you to anyway, they just bypass your balderdash comments, you are just a negative person, you NEVER say anything positive. Life is too short to constantly have negative thoughts. I feel sorry for the Mrs to put up with your BS. I see right through you and the kind of person you are, very unhappy.

You just can't resist me.

Sorry, but I am married........

Can children go here or no? I will be sailing with my 2 year old and 5 year old so just wondering if its a bar or a bar/restaurant? Thanks! Can they go in the pool?

They except everyone's money......

Can children go here or no? I will be sailing with my 2 year old and 5 year old so just wondering if its a bar or a bar/restaurant? Thanks! Can they go in the pool?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They except everyone's money......

No, but they accept it.

If one does want to wander over to mo bay the M Ville there on the strip is very nice. They have a tube slide that goes from inside the restaurant down to the ocean. Also the views there are beautiful, water and beaches. Food is pretty good also

Edited by setsail

Going to Falmouth for 3rd time and have watched Magaritavile grow from a pile of dirt to a little oasis inside of Falmouth

The pool area is nice

There is also a margarita glass hot tub that we saw people sitting in

If you don't want to use the pool, there is a nice bar lounge with sofas to relax in and enjoy a cocktail.

The restaurant, on the other side of the wall from Magaritaville, is owned by them and has good Jamaican food

Edited by jonbgd

It is basically a very over priced hamburger restaurant playing Jimmy Buffett music.

Big time cheezy "tourist trap".

You should wander into Montego and try a real food stand...

Wow... I had a reply for your original response, then I read the rest of them. I am usually the type of person to get people worked up with my responses, but you take the cake. Sometimes it's just better to put the laptop/keyboard down and have a coke and a smile (or a bacardi/coke and a smile :) )

I do agree though, Magaritaville is overpriced, but sometimes that is ok if the experience is a good one.

• 4 weeks later...

DH and I were in Falmouth just last Tuesday on Oasis. DH has done work in Jamaica and was not too impressed and we aren't huge excursion people so we just stayed in Falmouth and explored since we hadn't been there. We have a Margaritaville here in Orlando and that one is touristy! We LOVED the Margaritaville in Falmouth!! So laid back!

We had a blast just relaxing in the bar area and sipping some awesome Bahama Mama's! We thought the drinks here were better than the ones on the boat! Our waitress Alicea was awesome.

While we didn't go in it the pool looked really nice. They had some entertainment and games that even kids got into. We didn't plan to but we did order some overpriced food (to soak up the Bahama Mamas :) ) and it was far better than the food here at the one in Orlando.

It wasn't crowded at all which was nice. Sitting behind us was a big group of the entertainers from the ship and they were fun to hang out with.

There was free WiFi but it took a while to get connected and I kept having to reconnect which really was no big deal.

If you are looking to get off the boat in Falmouth and just relax but not leave the gates then I highly recommend Falmouth's Margaritaville!