About Rose Room Spray

mara01

Hello Mara01 et.al.,

I'll ask the Hotel Department to see why its been removed.

I experienced a similar disappointment many years ago. I worked for Seabourn and would go on the ships 2-3x per year. Their amenities were by Tiffany back then. I LOVED the smell of the bar soap and would try to bring an extra bar home with me. I'd ration it until my next ship visit.

Then one day they discontinued that brand on SCL. I even spoke to the Senior VP to try to change his mind. No luck.

I was able to buy it at Tiffany's in SF for about one year, and then Tiffany's discontinued it altogether. I missed it ever since.

But then, about a year ago, a girlfriend who had sailed with me to Costa Rica on Seabourn in the 80's, presented me with a bar she had had hidden in her drawer, wrapped in a ship's napkin all this time!

I haven't used it. I simply open the drawer where I have it and smell it from time to time.

Long story short, I understand what you're going through!

Bonnie

like.png

We have a tube of the spray sitting on the vanity at home. Barely used since the scent simply institutes an unbearable longing.

Is that spray accruing in value as we speak???

Since we embark shortly, is this an item we can turn to "revenue enhancement" on board. What should we charge per "puff" per stateroom??? :).

It is gone for good. I just spoke to a friend who works on Journey. have not heard why yet..packing my own.. :(

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!! There must be something we can do....like I said one of "the little things" that I so enjoyed and it sounds like many others did too.

crying-and-sniffling.gif

crying-1.gif

Edited by midwestchick

We have a tube of the spray sitting on the vanity at home. Barely used since the scent simply institutes an unbearable longing.

for a cruise?

Is that spray accruing in value as we speak???

maybe

Since we embark shortly, is this an item we can turn to "revenue enhancement" on board. What should we charge per "puff" per stateroom??? :).

I am taking my own for the air less bathroom and stuffy closet.

he never said why- i have it in al lbathrooms and laundry room. now will use less and less of it.

I am taking my own for the air less bathroom and stuffy closet.

he never said why- i have it in al lbathrooms and laundry room. now will use less and less of it.

While personally I was indulging in some exaggeration, this thread does remind me how scent/smell plays an important role in experiences and thus memories for so many.

You certainly have the opportunity to maintain those treasured recollections!

I think the scent was nice for those who did not have allergies. Unfortunately, there was something in About Rose that triggered mine. From the time I would board the ship to the time I left, I would sneeze. I would remove About Rose from the cabin and use my own products.....but, they tended to spray very heavily in the hallways and elevators. I would love for them to bring back Elemis.

Just seen this topic. I always give a quick spray when feeling low and dream of Azamara. My husband comes home takes seconds before saying Ah Azamara . So distinctive .

I don't know the reasoning behind discontinuing the About Rose room spray, but if it was monetary savings, maybe they should reconsider.;)

The spray seems like a great marketing tool for encouraging repeat customers:D

While personally I was indulging in some exaggeration, this thread does remind me how scent/smell plays an important role in experiences and thus memories for so many.

You certainly have the opportunity to maintain those treasured recollections!

I concur Nordski!

You've just given me a great topic for a future blog post :)

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

I have been told by various sources that the individual size of the About Rose room spray will no longer be put in the ship cabins. The ships do still have the extra large size bottles for cleaning public spaces. All the other amenities in the About Rose line that you're used to will still be in the cabins: shampoo, conditioner, bar soap, lotion and bath wash.

The place to buy any of their products, including the room spray, online is: About Rose Collection

I may be the only one, but I find all the About Rose products to start my wheezing and sneezing. I always request all the About Rose products be removed from our room and that the spray not be used in our room. I bring my own soap, shampoo, etc. ddcruiser

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

I have been told by various sources that the individual size of the About Rose room spray will no longer be put in the ship cabins. The ships do still have the extra large size bottles for cleaning public spaces. All the other amenities in the About Rose line that you're used to will still be in the cabins: shampoo, conditioner, bar soap, lotion and bath wash.

The place to buy any of their products, including the room spray, online is: About Rose Collection

Its a shame Bonnie that its no longer there, was a reason given, or has it fallen prey to the bean counters?:mad:

Elemis was excellent. I buy it online or from Nordstrom. I started using it after my first Azamara cruise in 2009. I was upset when Azamara discontinued using it. My all time favorite products is Blaise Moutin from Paris Park Hyatt. Unfortunately, it is not for sale.

As demand increases, I'l soon be able to fetch quite a price on E-bay. On last Journey cruise, it was indeed missing so I asked and received several containers.

I also explained how I thought it was an Eau de Cologne! lol

I guess, as the pries increase and the freebies decrease, more will be questioning their loyalty.

We have just taken a fantastic land based vacation and have another booked for September, I thought I was 'hooked' on cruising, but the value seems to be decreasing and the cost increasing.

We recently attended a Regent presentation and it's quite laughable how they try to justify the higher prices.

• 2 weeks later...

Now I am getting VERY concerned. I am highly allergic to floral scents and cannot be around them, unfortunately. If they are now spraying the public areas with floral scents we will have to cancel our cruise on Journey. Especially any scent with Rose in it!

Please advise about this.

Thank you,

S.

Now I am getting VERY concerned. I am highly allergic to floral scents and cannot be around them, unfortunately. If they are now spraying the public areas with floral scents we will have to cancel our cruise on Journey. Especially any scent with Rose in it!

Please advise about this.

Thank you,

S.

Please don't worry. It seems it is gone but the rose is only in the name. It does not smell like roses.

From the About Rose Collection web site:

"About Rose was chosen to epitomize the style of the famous Josephine de Beauharnais, known also as Rose from Martinique. Rose’s colourful history of love and marriage includes a brief period as the Empress of France, wife of Napoleon Bonaparte."

Nothing to do with the flower.

Thanks a lot for letting me know! Sherry

You're welcome. DH is sometimes affected by different scents. He also likes the About Rose collection. And, I love my roses but don't want some artificial "rose smelling" fragrance in my home either.

marino44...very interesting. Thank you for posting that.

• 2 weeks later...