Loyal Royal, sometime Celebrity cruiser tries Azamara for first time

Bobal

Are you sure?? I was told by some Cruise Critic people on my last cruise that we won't. Hmmmm....that would be great if it's the case!

Michael

One of the wonderful things about Azamara is that there is recipricosity. Read Bobal's report again and you will see mention of Loyalty benefits. ;)

Thank you for your review. It is nice to read a review that is detailed and informative. I am a newbie to Azamara from HAL and your review makes me not feel so bad about cheating on HAL. :D

You may never return to HAL after sailing with Azamara.

Hope you enjoy your first cruise with Az

One of the wonderful things about Azamara is that there is recipricosity. Read Bobal's report again and you will see mention of Loyalty benefits. ;)

Sorry to be annoying....don't hate me lol But I am having a hard time understanding this. Does this mean that I will get Captain's Club points for my Azamara cruise, or just that I'll get benefits with AZ reflecting my Elite status with X?

Thanks for your help....the verbiage is confusing to me.

Michael

Sorry to be annoying....don't hate me lol But I am having a hard time understanding this. Does this mean that I will get Captain's Club points for my Azamara cruise, or just that I'll get benefits with AZ reflecting my Elite status with X?

Michael

Azamara and Celebrity cruise points go into one pot so to speak, so you will advance in points for both programs as you take each cruise, be it on Azamara or Celebrity.

Phil

Michael

A picture is worth a thousand words, or in this case, a link. http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/our-ships/le-club-voyage/membership-benefits

I'm so glad my report helped pave the way for your wonderful Azamara experience! I really enjoyed reading yours. I see the same thing happened to you as it did us: those theme buffet nights (Turkish in particular) stole us away from the dining room several nights! And we're not "buffet" people either. Thanks for telling us about the behind-the-scene tours you went on. I had no idea. I have enjoyed similar tours on RCI and X though so I'll be sure to ask about it when we're on the Journey in September.

We're having a hard time, too, with the full price Azamara fares (still paying tuition for two kids ;)) so I keep an eagle eye out for any good promos and/or price drops. I check the website regularly and a few online travel agency sites as well. Like you, I DO plan on more Azamara. We had a marvelous time on the Quest--we love Captain Jose--and that's where we want to be!

We feel the same way about Captain Johannes, although if the itinerary on Quest was one we wanted, I wouldn't hesitate to sail with Captain Jose...have read many good things about him.

Unfortunately, Captain Johannes doesn't return to the Journey until Sept. 13, so he will not be on your sailing.

Edited by midwestchick

We feel the same way about Captain Johannes, although if the itinerary on Quest was one we wanted, I wouldn't hesitate to sail with Captain Jose...have read many good things about him.

Unfortunately, Captain Johannes doesn't return to the Journey until Sept. 13, so he will not be on your sailing.

you forgot Carl Smith-great captain!!!:)

Edited by ellbon

you forgot Carl Smith-great captain!!!:)

Never sailed with Captain Carl...only with Captain Johannes and he will be on both our sailings again. :D

I loved it that one day he came to our table and asked if he could join us for lunch....at first I had no idea who he was. How many Captains on other cruise lines mingle with the pax? I can't even tell you who our Captain was on X last year and he was not at the meet & greet, although other officers were.

Just to confirm - I just checked my Captain's Club account on Celebrity and 14 points have been added to the account representing the 7 nights I just spent on Quest in an OV stateroom.

And many thanks to everyone for your kind comments on my review :D

Edited by Bobal

Captain Jason is a good guy, too. Take the time to get to know him. And be sure to attend his "Journey behind the scenes" presentation when he gives it on your cruise.

Having sailed with all four of them now, I can safely say they are ALL favourites! Each Captain has his own unique style from Captain Jose's 'tinkling bell' to Captain Johannes and his 'little brother':)

Having sailed with all four of them now, I can safely say they are ALL favourites! Each Captain has his own unique style from Captain Jose's 'tinkling bell' to Captain Johannes and his 'little brother':)

I so agree. Jason is or was shyer the last time i sailed with him. but they are all good people and fun to be around.

Never sailed with Captain Carl...only with Captain Johannes and he will be on both our sailings again. :D

I loved it that one day he came to our table and asked if he could join us for lunch....at first I had no idea who he was. How many Captains on other cruise lines mingle with the pax? I can't even tell you who our Captain was on X last year and he was not at the meet & greet, although other officers were.

In general I agree with you about captains on other ships, BUT if you have ever had the pleasure of sailing with Captain Tasos on Celebrity Constellation you will NEVER forget him. What a wonder that man is (and young and good looking!)

Beryl

• 1 month later...
We too were on this cruise and agree with all you have said. It is our third cruise with Azamara so we are already converts. Keep an eye open for offers as we are back on board Quest next month in an ocean view at less than £80 per night, cruise only, but the offers on that one have now gone! Can I ask where you sign up for the galley, engine room and bridge tours as I missed those but hope to catch them next time.

Rob

We only found out about these on our last but one day on our first Az cruise last year. We were told you put your name down at the Guest Relations desk. We tried, but were too late by then.

Bobal and others,

Thank you all so much for your review and kind words. We are very happy you had a wonderful holiday after sailing with our sisters. Hopefully you will be back with us very soon. You can never go wrong when selecting a cruise holiday within the Royal Caribbean family of brands.

Thank you, Azamara.