Celebrity Century ?

NOSaints1

Does the Century still do the Pacific Coastal tours in the fall of 2015 and if they do what is the ship like.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Century is off to their German subsidiary about March 2015, so NO.

I am surprised X isn't going to service the Pacific coast or at least hasn't announced which ship will be. I think that the last Century cruise will be a good one.:D

No Hawaii cruises either except for re-positioning :(

No Hawaii cruises either except for re-positioning :(

I wonder if this is due to poor profits and lack of capacity in this area or more because they can not want to service those itineraries anymore due to the sale of the ship.

Since Celebrity seems to listen to us, I wish they would note that there is a definite interest in Pacific Coastal cruises and place a couple of cruises there every year, like they did this year. I would love one that does the Catalina Island, Santa Barbara, overnight San Francisco out of LA or San Diego. (Preferably San Diego.) That would make a nice get-a-way for the Western part of the US. I have gone to Hawaii twice out of San Diego/Ensenada. I would never go out of Vancouver. I hope they will consider this.

Jewel of the Seas is doing the same itinerary in 2015, but I wonder for how long as Century on that itinerary had to be heavily discounted in order to fill the ship this year.

So it seems as expected it is an economic decision after all.

They could offer just a couple of cruises and demand will fill them rather than a lot of cruises being half filled.:)

Does the Century still do the Pacific Coastal tours in the fall of 2015 and if they do what is the ship like.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on this itinerary in May of this year (2014) The Century will be decommissioned next year, so Nope, it wont be doing that sailing again. It was considered a re-positioning cruise, and we booked it 2 years prior. I watched it for price drops the entire time, and never saw it being "heavily discounted" in fact when I called a month or so prior, it was sold out.

I do think this is an under-served area, and was a wonderful itinerary, and I'd do it again. I did hear that other cruise lines will offer it, but I try and sail only on Celebrity. I thought they had a reverse of the itinerary in the fall after leaving Alaska, but if you arent seeing it, then I guess not.

I think if they get lots of questions asking about it, and that it sold well, they'd add it again. My guess is they'll use a different ship for the Alaska sailings next year, and maybe that one will pick it up?

Maybe check with Princess? I thought I saw one there leaving out of San Fran when we were there this May.

I was on this itinerary in May of this year (2014) The Century will be decommissioned next year, so Nope, it wont be doing that sailing again. It was considered a re-positioning cruise, and we booked it 2 years prior. I watched it for price drops the entire time, and never saw it being "heavily discounted" in fact when I called a month or so prior, it was sold out.

I do think this is an under-served area, and was a wonderful itinerary, and I'd do it again. I did hear that other cruise lines will offer it, but I try and sail only on Celebrity. I thought they had a reverse of the itinerary in the fall after leaving Alaska, but if you arent seeing it, then I guess not.

I think if they get lots of questions asking about it, and that it sold well, they'd add it again. My guess is they'll use a different ship for the Alaska sailings next year, and maybe that one will pick it up?

Maybe check with Princess? I thought I saw one there leaving out of San Fran when we were there this May.

Almost all April and May cruises were discounted heavily. It may have only been for west coast or just California residents, but they started in the $400 range.