What is the One Unnecessary Item You Will Never go on a cruise without

kayleesmeme

As I starting making my packing list for our upcoming cruise - I was wondering what Item would you never go on a cruise without that you actually do use every time.

Mine has been Duck Tape - I bring a roll with me When I board- I have had to tape our coke boxes back together and even some other peoples When they search them... I have it to Fix a Hem that had come undone. And to put a piece of luggage back together. And I always get a crazy colored one and when I put of Luggage tags on at the end of the cruise- I use it amd it make it easier to spot.

A reusable tumbler with straw. I like to bring my water or cocktail along with me in a glass I can't accidentally spill ( for example, at the pool)

All of the above, plus:

If you must wear glasses, a spare pair, cleaning wipes, and an eyeglass repair kit.

Earplugs!

Charging cords for all your electronics, spare batteries and memory card for cameras.

Rubber drain cover - the cheap kind, about 4 inch diameter. If you happen to get sewage odors in your bathroom (which is unfortunately not that uncommon on many cruise ships) just place it over the floor or shower drain and it keeps the odors out!

Small notebook or journal. The older I get, the more I forget, and have found it's nice to have a brief description of each day of the cruise.

Along with the anti-vomiting and diarrhea drugs, we also take a Rx of Cipro with us. Works for bladder infection, abscessed tooth, bacterial infections/food poisoning, etc. My internist was the one that recommended taking it on all our trips. DH is a physician, so we know not to over use antibiotics, but it's nice to have it if you need it! :o

Besides the Bonine that after 5 cruises, we actually had to open and use on our last cruise. (Actually our cruising companions needed them more than we did.) But what I always take with me is Mole Skin. It is a cushioned felt with an adhesive side that you can cut to the size you need. If I get a blister, I put a band-aid on it, then mole skin over that so the shoe doesn't rub. It has saved my feet more then once.

Boxes of flavored creamer "pods". I love coffee with cinnamon or hazelnut flavored creamer. I could do without it, but it makes sitting on the balcony and drinking coffee just that much better!

I do that too lol I always pack hazelnut coffee creamer whether I'm traveling by land or sea

a small backpack for each of us for shore tours

An A4 flexi folder for storing the daily compass. Friends love looking through this when we get home and its a nice keepsake.

battery operated bedside clock and waterproof watch for wearing on beachy shore tours.

This. Mine not only holds all of our toiletries, make up, contact solution/glasses, but it also holds the First Aid kit, over-the-counter meds, suntan lotion, playing cards, beer cap opener, corkscrew, lanyards, hole punch, sewing kit, wrinkle releaser spray (travel size), small can of room freshener from B&BW, travel size lysol, dress tape, small duct tape, nightlight/3 plug outlet combo, highlighter, small flash light, sticky notes, small stapler, stain remover stick, and many more things that I can't think of right now. I use this for all vacations. When I fly I fold it up fully loaded and place it in a garbage bag inside my checked suitcase. When I drive I fold it up fully loaded and put it in a rolling back pack. When we get to our destination I just unfold and hang it up and I am all set for however long we are there. Less than a minute to be organized and ready to go. At home I have a spot in my walk in closet where I just hang it up when we return and refill as necessary. It is ready to go when ever I am....I can honestly say that all items in there have been used at one point or another and many were added over the years when I found I needed them and didn't have them.

Do you have a photo of this ? Sounds interesting.

Do you have a photo of this ? Sounds interesting.

I store our cruise things in one and have one that I've cut in half that we take with us. Here is an example I found online. The one I cut in half is 4 pockets wide and 3 rows long. Just right for the two of us.

Back+of+the+Door+Organizer+for+Toiletries.jpg

over the door hanging shoe organizer. i hang it on the bathroom door.. holds all of our toiletries etc and keeps the bathroom clutter free.

I am with you on this one. Never thought I needed one and I brought one on our cruise last year and I will never cruise without it again. It made finding things easier and kept the cabin tidy. Make sure that it has clear pockets. It is even great on land vacations.

We like the concept of the hanging bag, but don't think we need one quite this big. Found one about half the size on Amazon - do a search for "Household Essentials Hanging Cosmetic and Grooming Travel Bag". I really like the idea of keeping it packed, rolled up, and ready to go!

I know some cruise lines don't allow them but mine has never been confiscated and I don't leave it plugged up, but my mini steamer has been a life saver. Particularly for dinner outfits and formal night.

I'll also add a highlighter and Ginger Root pills (never know when those seas will start rocking)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bank envelopes. I divide up my cash by port of call and put it into envelopes in the safe. Easy to grab each morning without having to consider how much I should bring ashore that day. I discovered it's easy to forget things and/or miscalculate in the excitement of reaching port, so I plan ahead!

I agree about the wine and kindle, but I also bring a battery candle for nights on the balcony.

I use the battery candle as a night light in the bathroom. I never thought of putting all those items in the over-the-door bag and storing them there instead ing of packing and unpacking the bag! And they say you can't teach an Old Dog!!

After reading through this post ...if you were all on the same cruise would the ship need a red cross on the side? It would never sink ...duct tape to the rescue!

Hand sanitizer...is it really needed?