Paris Airport

pflorio994

Don't be nervous.

There is what is called the Minimum Connection Time (MCT) for every airport, this sets out the minimum allowable time for a ticketed connection.

As long as your flights are booked as connections, not just two unrelated tickets, then the airline will not permit a reservation that breaks the MCT.

Yes, things can get tight, especially if a flight is late, but the MCT for 2F to 2E is typically 60 mins so at 90 mins you do have a little buffer built in.

Just check the many online maps so you know where you are going and always check which gates your flight leaves 2E from as they are not all in the same place so you need to follow a different path for the 'K' gates vs the 'M' gates for example.

I just checked..I have to connect from 2g to 2 e...what do you think? Thank you.

I just checked..I have to connect from 2g to 2 e...what do you think? Thank you.

We just connected at CDG last month going from 2G to 2E. I think 95 minutes is enough time if you have no mobility issues. It's a fairly long walk to get to the place where you wait for the bus to 2E. As MarkT has said, look for your flight # at the signs at the exit doors for the bus. We were traveling with friends but we were each on different AF flights from CDG-JFK. Their flight was leaving from M, ours from K. We just waited for our respective buses which delivered us to the correct area. The whole process was relatively easy.

Our friends flight left earlier than ours. They had about the same connection time as you have and made it with no problem.

2G to 2E is still only about a 30 min transfer, but as mentioned above you'll be on a bus as 2G is not directly connected to the other parts of terminal 2.

You'll follow signs for 'Flight Connections' and board the correct bus. One goes to the K & L gates at 2E another goes to the M gates so make sure you know which gates you need to go to before you board the bus.

There is no security check, just passport control.

I think one of the worst/most confusing part of CDG is that they call so many things "Terminal 2" when in reality it's not at all the same terminal. Different wings and/or different buildings completely. Maps are really helpful!!

http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/Resources/0d7e29fd-1ad5-45b8-b406-648deb82fbb8-0d7e29fd1ad545b8b406648deb82fbb8massecdg_g.jpg

I think one of the worst/most confusing part of CDG is that they call so many things "Terminal 2" when in reality it's not at all the same terminal. Different wings and/or different buildings completely. Maps are really helpful!!

http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/Resources/0d7e29fd-1ad5-45b8-b406-648deb82fbb8-0d7e29fd1ad545b8b406648deb82fbb8massecdg_g.jpg

Agreed, the things you mentioned along with a rude and unhelpful staff. Sorry, guess I am still upset about that ten dollar 8oz. cup of regular coffee my wife purchased at CDG.

OMG! Thank you for posting that map! That is unbelievable (to me)! Now I understand why people hate it so much. I think it will be okay for our arrival but I will not connect through it (even with assistance).

Calgary(YYC) to Frankfurt(FRA) would be OK. Avoid Toronto(YYZ) and Heathrow(LHR), if you prefer to fly via Paris(CDG) then connect try to in Montreal(YUL) because there are more flight between Montreal(YUL) and Paris(CDG). Nice is a smaller airport but both FRA and CDG are large.

Here are some airlines to think about:

Lufthansa via FRA

KLM via Amsterdam (AMS) would be some possible routings.

Air Canada via YUL

British Airways via LHR

Thanks for the advice! We're limited to Air Canada or Lufthansa as we'll be booking the flights through Aeroplan. I hadn't thought that Montreal would have more flights to Paris but it makes sense.

I'm a little leery of connecting in Canada because we'll be travelling in November. How's the weather out your way in early November, typically? In Calgary, well, anything could happen, weatherwise.:rolleyes:

When I get closer to booking, I will check out the options of going via Frankfurt or Montreal.

Thanks again!

This link on Air France's site is also helpful:

http://www.airfrance.us/US/en/common/guidevoyageur/aeroport/circuit_correspondance_cdg.htm

It shows will give you detailed instructions for getting from one "Terminal 2" to another "Terminal 2", especially since their are 3 terminal 2F's (K, L & M).

For our AMA Magnificent Europe Christmas Cruise, we will be flying from LAX through CDG on our way to Budapest. We have a 85 minute connection time which makes me nervous but I will worry about it more day of, especially if the LAX flight is late. We go from 2F to 2E so we will have to go through security again before getting to our Budapest flight. We are in business class so Sky Priority access will help.

We are in business class so Sky Priority access will help.

The signage I've seen at CDG isn't always consistent in listing Sky Priority, but you would be eligible for Acces No 1 so look for that sign! (and if your boarding pass doesn't actually say "sky priority" even when it should, you could be SOL - I had that happen to me last time...Fortunately we had time to go through the regular line. Some staff are better than others at recognizing Sky Priority;)

Security-at-Paris-Charles-de-Gaulle-Airport-(CDG).jpeg?1366858535

I would not be comfortable with that short of a connection.

CDG is a nightmare airport with poor signage and unfriendly staff. I do everything I can to avoid it as I have had so many negative experiences making connections.

we travel to and thru CDG twice a year. We haven't encountered the unfriendly staff, actually just the opposite. You do really need to pay attention to the signage.

Have a great trip!

There is a very nice website that has maps, walking routes and times and distances between terminals for CDG. We printed it off an took it with us on our last flight through there.

Would you please identify the website you are referencing?

Would you please identify the website you are referencing?

EasyCDG is one I've used in the past (though the map I posted came from the CDG website itself, and that website has had instructions too but I didn't see them the last time I looked)

http://www.easycdg.com/1/airport-guide/travel-between-terminals-move-around-paris-cdg-airport/

EasyCDG is one I've used in the past (though the map I posted came from the CDG website itself, and that website has had instructions too but I didn't see them the last time I looked)

http://www.easycdg.com/1/airport-guide/travel-between-terminals-move-around-paris-cdg-airport/

The link you posted us the one I was talking about.

Thanks for the advice! We're limited to Air Canada or Lufthansa as we'll be booking the flights through Aeroplan. I hadn't thought that Montreal would have more flights to Paris but it makes sense.

I'm a little leery of connecting in Canada because we'll be travelling in November. How's the weather out your way in early November, typically? In Calgary, well, anything could happen, weatherwise.:rolleyes:

When I get closer to booking, I will check out the options of going via Frankfurt or Montreal.

Thanks again!

If I had my choice, I would choose Lufthansa over Air Canada. They are code shares, but we love the service on Lufthansa.

If you are leery of the weather in Calgary, then you should also be leery of the weather in Montreal. They can really get hit hard (although November is a bit early for the heavy snowstorms....)

I would never connect in Frankfurt with less than 2 hours... it is a huge airport, and it can be a challenge to get through. I also would check to see when the "next" flight is where ever you transfer through. I like to have a Plan B when I travel.

Also be careful of coming back with AC from Nice. I have heard (although am not entirely sure of this) that AC uses their Rouge service from Nice... and it is more "budget".

Enjoy!! And have fun planning.

Fran

If I had my choice, I would choose Lufthansa over Air Canada. They are code shares, but we love the service on Lufthansa.

If you are leery of the weather in Calgary, then you should also be leery of the weather in Montreal. They can really get hit hard (although November is a bit early for the heavy snowstorms....)

I would never connect in Frankfurt with less than 2 hours... it is a huge airport, and it can be a challenge to get through. I also would check to see when the "next" flight is where ever you transfer through. I like to have a Plan B when I travel.

Also be careful of coming back with AC from Nice. I have heard (although am not entirely sure of this) that AC uses their Rouge service from Nice... and it is more "budget".

Fran

Thanks, Fran. I'm thinking that we'll fly from Calgary to Paris via Frankfurt, and on the return, Nice to Calgary via Frankfurt. I would have thought that the Nice to Frankfurt flight would be operated by Lufthansa, not AC Rouge! Good advice about the Plan B!

The only issue with booking Lufthansa over AC is that Lufthansa, I think, only offers the lie flat pods in First Class, not in Business Class like AC. One of us doesn't have enough points for a free First Class ticket but the way we've been spending money these last few months, that could change by the time we can book the flights in Nov/Dec!

I would have thought that the Nice to Frankfurt flight would be operated by Lufthansa, not AC Rouge!

It's easy enough to check before booking - consolidators & airline websites (Whichever you're using) will tell you the operating airline as well as the codeshare....

• 1 month later...

I wanted to let everyone know my group of four made a one hour connection at Charles De Gaulle in Paris two weeks ago. We panicked when Air France (Delta) changed our times so we only had one hour to make the connection. We had to get from 2F to 2E - M concourse. Thanks to this forum, I went to the easyCDG website and printed out the step by step instructions. Our flight from Budapest arrived early and we had an extra ten minutes, which helped, but we still would have made it. There are numerous phases to the transfer including elevators, passport control and buses, but when we arrived at our gate 30 minutes after leaving the previous one, they were just starting to board first class. You have to pay attention to the signs and hustle. We did not run, but did walk very fast.

Yes, Delta would have changed our flights for free after the time change, but we had premium economy seats on our Air France flight and none were available on the next flight. We highly recommend premium economy, and it should be noted that this is a step up from Delta's economy comfort.

I wanted to let everyone know my group of four made a one hour connection at Charles De Gaulle in Paris two weeks ago. We panicked when Air France (Delta) changed our times so we only had one hour to make the connection. We had to get from 2F to 2E - M concourse. Thanks to this forum, I went to the easyCDG website and printed out the step by step instructions. Our flight from Budapest arrived early and we had an extra ten minutes, which helped, but we still would have made it. There are numerous phases to the transfer including elevators, passport control and buses, but when we arrived at our gate 30 minutes after leaving the previous one, they were just starting to board first class. You have to pay attention to the signs and hustle. We did not run, but did walk very fast.

Yes, Delta would have changed our flights for free after the time change, but we had premium economy seats on our Air France flight and none were available on the next flight. We highly recommend premium economy, and it should be noted that this is a step up from Delta's economy comfort.

We frequently fly Air France Premium Economy and have had several flights home with an hour or a little more transfer time through CDG. Is always a bit stressful, but have always made our flight to the US. Being in PremEco helps as you are at the front of the plane. Also, since CDG finished some of the newer parts of terminal 2 that connect 2f ( flights arriving from within Europe) with 2E (international flights) you can now go from your arrival flight to your flight home without going through security again. Saves a lot of time. Still have to go through passport control, but Pre Eco has access to a shorter line. Previously you had the possibility of being in a long security line, even if you were in the special line that Prem Eco travelers can access. As you noted you have to keep moving at a steady pace and follow the signs. Also as noted Prem Eco on Air France is a major step up from all other Pre Eco we have tried.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Fran

Ditto the comment on Frankfurt. We flew from Houston to Frankfurt on Lufthansa last month. Then transferred to a flight to London. Had 2 hours between flights and still barely made the London flight. Frankfurt is a very large and confusing airport. Will try to avoid it in the future if possible

Thanks, Fran. I'm thinking that we'll fly from Calgary to Paris via Frankfurt, and on the return, Nice to Calgary via Frankfurt. I would have thought that the Nice to Frankfurt flight would be operated by Lufthansa, not AC Rouge! Good advice about the Plan B!

The only issue with booking Lufthansa over AC is that Lufthansa, I think, only offers the lie flat pods in First Class, not in Business Class like AC. One of us doesn't have enough points for a free First Class ticket but the way we've been spending money these last few months, that could change by the time we can book the flights in Nov/Dec!

Last month we flew Business Class on lufthansa to London and on Air Canada returning. Had lie flat beds on both.

We are flying Lufthansa Business Class to and from Europe soon. According to Seat Guru we will have flat beds on the way over and angled flat on the way back. Last fall we had flat beds both ways on Lufthansa. Just depends on the particular aircraft. They are rather narrow and hard but are definitely fully flat.

The only issue with booking Lufthansa over AC is that Lufthansa, I think, only offers the lie flat pods in First Class, not in Business Class like AC.

Lufthansa Transatlantic flights offer flat seats in business class. Same as other airlines. The 'not quite flat seats' are only used on short hops within Europe. Check your flight again to make sure. Mine was Orlando - Zurich.