Crown Princess

NOSaints1

What're your thoughts on the Crown my wife and want to do a Pacific Coastal in 2015.

Like other Princess ships, we enjoyed the Crown Princess. Each class of ships has their pros & cons and I'd gladly sail on the Crown Princess again. The aft facing Sabatini's with the adjacent Adagio bar are very nice. The Crown is one of the newer ships that added an extra deck of passengers however on our 32 & 12 day cruises we could always find a quiet spot. One drawback for us was a lack of a covered pool however we still had a great cruise. :)

What're your thoughts on the Crown my wife and want to do a Pacific Coastal in 2015

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We'll be doing the Cal Coastal Cruise on the Crown Princess on Oct. 11th.......will be sure to post a review and Princess Patters after the experience:D

How's the entertainment, food?

Not sure how to answer that. Those two subjects are so subjective. It really depends on what your likes and dislikes are. Since you seem to sail with Carnival, entertainment may be a bit subdued for you. Food should be much better!

Do you know if I can get a past guest rate since there all owned by the Carnival corp?

I doubt it since each cruise is it's own entity. I know past cruises from other Carnival owned lines will not transfer between lines so I doubt past guest wouldn't either.

I really enjoyed sailing on the Crown. It's a beautiful ship. I like the Adagio Bar in the back for quiet, pre-dinner drink or for reading during the day. Sabatini's is in a great location, aft as well. Crooner's is lovely on this ship. I'm with Astro Flyer in that I prefer having one covered pool which the Crown does not but it really didn't affect my cruise.

If your a Carnival guest can you use your VIFP and get a past guest?

Do you know if I can get a past guest rate since there all owned by the Carnival.

I found this on Cruise Critic:

"While the consortium called The World's Leading Cruise Lines (which includes Carnival, Costa, Cunard, Holland America, Princess and Seabourn) says it has a Vacation Interchange Program (VIP) that allows past guests of one line to access past guest discounts on all six lines, it's not always obvious from cruise line Web sites which sailings are eligible and how to request the discount. If you're a past passenger contemplating your first cruise on a sister line, ask your agent or the cruise line about possible savings. You won't, however, be eligible for any other frequent-cruiser perks until you've completed a sailing".

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=73

Edited by Astro Flyer

So how does the EZ air work , can you book your airfare through Princess add it to your booking and pay it down like your cruise ? That's the way we did it on Carnival, so instead of paying the airfare all up front they would it add it to your cruise booking and as long as you paid it off by the time your cruise had yo be paid off .

So how does the EZ air work , can you book your airfare through Princess add it to your booking and pay it down like your cruise ? That's the way we did it on Carnival, so instead of paying the airfare all up front they would it add it to your cruise booking and as long as you paid it off by the time your cruise had yo be paid off .

Princess eZAir has 2 options...flexible & restricted...and you can view available rates & flights about 330 days in advance. You can view these whether you're just shopping or have already booked a cruise. Surprisingly the flexible option sometimes is less expensive than the restricted. With restricted you pay when reserving flights whereas with the flexible it's paid with final payment & can be cancelled or changed. Several times I've seen flexible airfare for $900 round-trip from LAX to Europe which was considerably less expensive than the restricted airfare or for purchasing airfare directly. I'd suggest going to the Princess website to view a complete list of the details.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I did a b2b on the Crown last Fall, totaling 26 days, and was very happy with the ship. In March of this year I cruised on her again for 16 days, and had no complaints whatsoever. Everything was just as I expected it would be, as compared to my other Princess cruises.

I would not hesitate to book more cruises on her.

Like other Princess ships, we enjoyed the The aft facing Sabatini's with the adjacent Adagio bar are very nice. :)

We have sailed on the Crown more than once, and have had very good experiences. I must agree with Astro...one of my favorite places on the Crown is deck 16 aft where Adagio's and Sabatini's are adjacent and the rear aft pool/bar/overlook is also accessible.

I've seen on the website the ruby princess has the same intenerary has the crown? So if they have the same intenerary which one would you choose ?

The ships are virtually identical (there are four aft-facing cabins that are oceanview cabins on the Crown but have balconies on the Ruby); there really isn't much to choose between them. If the itineraries are exactly identical (look carefully at time in port; make sure that the port order is the same, etc.), and the prices are the same (this isn't always true, even on identical ships), plus availability is the same for preferred cabin choices, then I myself would pick the Ruby but only because I haven't sailed on her yet. And some might pick her because she's two years newer than her sister ship. Otherwise, it truly doesn't matter.

Not questioning ... just wondering WHEN are both Crown & Ruby doing the same dates with exactly the same itinerary. :confused:

LuLu

They are a day apart in Alaska next summer out of Seattle.