What ship will eventually replace Majesty?

I was talking to a friend today and if current plans stay the way they are we will see the Jewell take over for the Majesty. Or at least that is the one being talked about most around the the corporate offices.

Based on your post you seem to have a friend at the corporate offices -- what job title does it have that would give them the ability to know what is 'talked about most around the corporate offices'?

I was talking to a friend today and if current plans stay the way they are we will see the Jewell take over for the Majesty. Or at least that is the one being talked about most around the the corporate offices.

I have a friends who's wife works for Royal and Jewel has been tossed around for her too. It actually does make sense cause they deployed Jewel's schedule earlier this year to April 2016 and then canceled / retracted the itineraries and now only booking available till March 2016. I know she's due for dry dock in 2016 but the timing does make sense.

I have a friends who's wife works for Royal and Jewel has been tossed around for her too. It actually does make sense cause they deployed Jewel's schedule earlier this year to April 2016 and then canceled / retracted the itineraries and now only booking available till March 2016. I know she's due for dry dock in 2016 but the timing does make sense.

If it is Jewel, that is fine.....we had a wonderful cruise on her in the summer of 2013 on a S. Caribbean itinerary. I enjoyed the solarium quite a bit. If it is Jewel, I hope that Elvis (Activities Director) comes with Jewel -- he was outstanding. Maybe by then he will be a Cruise Director, and he will be a terrific one.

My personal hope is Navigator, because I want a flowrider and the ice show would be nice as well. But soon we will know.

I know people in the food and beverage office of the corporate offices and they are very tight lipped about the replacement.

If it is Jewel, that is fine.....we had a wonderful cruise on her in the summer of 2013 on a S. Caribbean itinerary. I enjoyed the solarium quite a bit. If it is Jewel, I hope that Elvis (Activities Director) comes with Jewel -- he was outstanding. Maybe by then he will be a Cruise Director, and he will be a terrific one.

My personal hope is Navigator, because I want a flowrider and the ice show would be nice as well. But soon we will know.

I know people in the food and beverage office of the corporate offices and they are very tight lipped about the replacement.

Navigator would be a great choice too.

Actually, this is one reason it might not be a Voyager Class ship. Studio B is a small venue, requiring a few shows for everyone to see it. 3/4 night itineraries might be too strenuous on the performers. Just a thought.

Actually, this is one reason it might not be a Voyager Class ship. Studio B is a small venue, requiring a few shows for everyone to see it. 3/4 night itineraries might be too strenuous on the performers. Just a thought.

I don't believe Royal has to worry about giving access to everyone to see or do everything. If they missed something, they will come back on another short cruise and make reservations early.

We just came off Her Majesty, Thanksgiving weekend. We have cruised on Her Majesty 10 times prior to this one. There was a juggler for Saturday nights entertainment -- replace that with the Ice Show. I don't care how good a juggler is, the Ice Show is better; and would have been seem by more people. Ok, then do the Ice Show again, mid afternoon on Sunday, since the ship leaves Nassau around 2pm.

In the course of a 7 day cruise, I imagine the Ice Show is scheduled 4 or 5 times, this still leaves 2 or 3 performances for the ice show cast to perform on the mid week cruise.

I don't believe Royal has to worry about giving access to everyone to see or do everything. If they missed something, they will come back on another short cruise and make reservations early.

I don't think everyone has the means to book another short cruise just to come see an Ice show. Royal should do the right thing and try to accommodate everyone.

I don't think everyone has the means to book another short cruise just to come see an Ice show. Royal should do the right thing and try to accommodate everyone.

No matter what vacation you go on, you can't see or do everything that is available. I went to Disneyworld years ago, with my children were -- 3/4 days did not allow us to see everything; if we were there a week, we could not.

It is not the obligation of the vacation location to provide the ability to see and do everything. It gives the vacationer access to the activities.

In fact, from a building repeat business, they hope you can't do it all so you want and choose to return.

I can't buy everything in a jewelry store, but I can sure desire to return some day to buy something else.

Based on your post you seem to have a friend at the corporate offices -- what job title does it have that would give them the ability to know what is 'talked about most around the corporate offices'?

Our cleaning and maintenance people probably know more about what's going on in our company than anyone else. :D

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Exactly. Cruise vacations are not designed in order to force a cruiser to book numerous times in order to see everything....especially the marquee entertainment, and I just don't see RCI beating up their skaters like this.

Any Radiance class in Miami seems like an odd choice to me: reduced capacity, all that glass for sightseeing, emissions control area compliant, enclosed solarium for cold weather swimming. However, if they decided during that Mariner test run that a Voyager class isn't really feasible to make weekly stops in Key West, then I could see it, although it would make much more sense to me to move the larger-capacity Enchantment to Miami, replace it in Port Canaveral with a Voyager class, then redeploy Jewel to the more scenic and environmentally-fragile areas like Alaska, Canada, Scandinavia and the Baltics.

Any Radiance class in Miami seems like an odd choice to me: reduced capacity, all that glass for sightseeing, emissions control area compliant, enclosed solarium for cold weather swimming. However, if they decided during that Mariner test run that a Voyager class isn't really feasible to make weekly stops in Key West, then I could see it, although it would make much more sense to me to move the larger-capacity Enchantment to Miami, replace it in Port Canaveral with a Voyager class, then redeploy Jewel to the more scenic and environmentally-fragile areas like Alaska, Canada, Scandinavia and the Baltics.

I truly believe royal is no longer interested in provided great itineraries anymore. They're more interested in building floating theme parks and keeping everyone on board.

Any Radiance class in Miami seems like an odd choice to me: reduced capacity, all that glass for sightseeing, emissions control area compliant, enclosed solarium for cold weather swimming.

And for this reason, I can see how a Radiance Class ship might work. Gas turbines are much more expensive to run and the port intensive 3/4 night cruises with relatively short cruising distances between islands might be highly attractive to RCI. They're already running 4/5 night cruises and Celebrity is using a gas turbine ship to do 4/5 night cruises (Constellation).

Exactly. Cruise vacations are not designed in order to force a cruiser to book numerous times in order to see everything....especially the marquee entertainment, and I just don't see RCI beating up their skaters like this.

Really? I don't think you can see all the entertainment on big mega ships like Oasis/Allure, Getaway/Breakaway in one 7 day trip.

Really? I don't think you can see all the entertainment on big mega ships like Oasis/Allure, Getaway/Breakaway in one 7 day trip.

I don't agree with that at all. I've been on Oasis Class 4 times and all 4 times, I saw all the entertainment. It certainly is possible if you plan it right. In fact, on Oasis Class, there are 6 shows to reserve, leaving one night to do anything else you want.

I truly believe royal is no longer interested in provided great itineraries anymore. They're more interested in building floating theme parks and keeping everyone on board.

Depends what you mean by great itineraries. I think the longer cruises from Bayonne up here have excellent itineraries, especially the 11-12 nighters. I know they also, at least seasonally, run some longer Caribbean itineraries from Florida. Shifting brands I know that X does a 14 nighter on a Solstice Class ship, I believe Eclipse.

I agree with you to an extent, in that the 7 night itineraries are not really designed to be exotic or exciting. Oasis and Allure are the destination on those runs. But there are better, longer options available on other ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Well I remember in the early to mid 2000's all the new builds has 4 ports of calls, now we are down to 3 and worst part about is that most of these include Nassau which is just a waste of time. so I feel im really only getting two ports on a 7 day cruise.

Edited by SaintL

Well I remember in the early to mid 2000's all the new builds has 4 ports of calls, now we are down to 3 and worst part about is that most of these include Nassau which is just a waste of time. so I feel im really only getting two ports on a 7 day cruise.

I'm perfectly happy with the 3 port calls on a ship such as Oasis and Allure with so much to do, but agree 110% that Nassau is a total waste and effectively makes it a 2 port cruise for us. At least stop at San Juan (once their port modifications are completed) or another island down in the Caribbean that is willing to accommodate an Oasis Class ship. I understand when they first came out there was hardly anywhere they could go, but times are changing.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

A friend of my told me that for 2017 they are planning on doing the itinerary bellow

Sunday. Port

Monday at sea

Tuesday at sea

Thursday at sea

Friday at sea

Saturday at sea

Sunday. Port

Lol 😃😃😃😃😃

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

A friend of my told me that for 2017 they are planning on doing the itinerary bellow

Sunday. Port

Monday at sea

Tuesday at sea

Thursday at sea

Friday at sea

Saturday at sea

Sunday. Port

Lol 😃😃😃😃😃

Sign me up

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Sunday. Port

Monday at sea

Tuesday at sea

Thursday at sea

Friday at sea

Saturday at sea

Sunday. Port

Lol 😃😃😃😃😃

LOL.......Love it :D:D:D:D:D

• 1 month later...

Well, she should be off to Freeport for dry dock at some point today, don't know when scheduled to sail but you can see her now on portmiamiwebcam.com

Not expecting much from this dry-dock beyond some repairs, cleaning, maintenance, and hopefully a bit of paint. Heard there is a poolside TV coming but I am 50:50 on that.

Did write to RC asking what ship will replace in Miami for 3/4 day run and they said no determination what, if any (their words, not mine) ship will do 3/4 day runs from Miami. Still don't see them abandoning this market.

I was on Enchantment last week and our server told us that Enchantment would replace Majesty. She said she is planing to stay on Enchantment for the move to Miami.

I would consider this source less reliable then picking ship names out of a hat but I thought I would share anyway.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Forums mobile app