What ship will eventually replace Majesty?

Well, she should be off to Freeport for dry dock at some point today, don't know when scheduled to sail but you can see her now on portmiamiwebcam.com

Not expecting much from this dry-dock beyond some repairs, cleaning, maintenance, and hopefully a bit of paint. Heard there is a poolside TV coming but I am 50:50 on that.

Did write to RC asking what ship will replace in Miami for 3/4 day run and they said no determination what, if any (their words, not mine) ship will do 3/4 day runs from Miami. Still don't see them abandoning this market.

I don't expect them to abandon the 3/4 day market, but I don't expect them to give out the info before they are ready either.

As far as staff on board knowing anything official -- since staff can move around based on their contract (although some staff does stay on the same ship contract after contract for a long period of time) I doubt if they know much more than speculation either.

I expect it will be known when the full schedule comes out for May 2016.

I was on MJ for my tenth visit last weekend... senior crew said we would hardly notice the difference when she comes back from drydock, meaning nothing major is happening. Spit and polish, some new carpeting, etc. No one would speculate on the replacement. A couple of my favorite people are being sent to Quantum and won't be back.

I was on MJ for my tenth visit last weekend... senior crew said we would hardly notice the difference when she comes back from drydock, meaning nothing major is happening. Spit and polish, some new carpeting, etc. No one would speculate on the replacement. A couple of my favorite people are being sent to Quantum and won't be back.

I guess I thought you had been on Her Majesty many more than 10 times....we were on her for our 11th visit over Thanksgiving weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Number 11 is set for 2/6 :) Some great Florida resident fares and OBC.

Anyway, it was nice to wake up this week and look out the window and see Majesty back at the port. I'm still waiting for someone to comment on how she looks post dry dock... but I guess I will see for myself soon enough.

Anyway, it was nice to wake up this week and look out the window and see Majesty back at the port. I'm still waiting for someone to comment on how she looks post dry dock... but I guess I will see for myself soon enough.

From what I have heard they are not doing the Taste of Tuscany, specialty dinner and Compass Deli is being transformed in the evening into a Mexican Restaurant, as a for fee offering....but I was told it was going to be a flat fee and all you can eat.

Let me know when you sail on Her Majesty next week.

Does anyone reading this know if Carlos Torres is still the CD and who is the Activity Manager? We had Carlos (very good) and Maurice (sp), but not sure if Maurice was staying for awhile.

Looking forward to your first hand report of the tweaks, changes, and upgrades. Have a fun time.

We have been on Majesty almost 30 times. I already have the final cruise booked.

I HOPE we get Enchantment, but who knows, guess we will find out.

We haven't been on Her Majesty nearly as many times as you have, and had wanted to go on her final cruise -- but it is the holiday of Passover and 'not eating' on a cruise is not the way to do a cruise.

So we will book a cruise a few months earlier, probably mid February 2016 instead.

It looks like Vision was the original choice to replace Majesty.

http://www.calendarwiz.com/calendars/calendar.php?month=5&day=12&year=2016&crd=caribenautical&PHPSESSID=b9df65d7f42c76d02b80fd1c7a3d0fa7

Vision though has just this week replaced Splendour at Venice it appears and a Transatlantic for Vision appears to have been booked.

This may indicate that they may have decided to go with Splendour or another ship for Miami.

She was one of the first ships revitalized in the "Now every ship is our best ship' renovations.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/12028421_Revit_QuickReference_Guide.pdf

She has also been successful down in Brazil and South America and has a Romero Britto Gallery onboard.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/connect/romero-britto-and-royal-caribbean-a-true-work-of-art/

It looks like Vision was the original choice to replace Majesty.

http://www.calendarwiz.com/calendars/calendar.php?month=5&day=12&year=2016&crd=caribenautical&PHPSESSID=b9df65d7f42c76d02b80fd1c7a3d0fa7

Vision though has just this week replaced Splendour at Venice it appears and a Transatlantic for Vision appears to have been booked.

This may indicate that they may have decided to go with Splendour or another ship for Miami.

She was one of the first ships revitalized in the "Now every ship is our best ship' renovations.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/12028421_Revit_QuickReference_Guide.pdf

She has also been successful down in Brazil and South America and has a Romero Britto Gallery onboard.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/connect/romero-britto-and-royal-caribbean-a-true-work-of-art/

I fully expect it to be Splendour to replace Majesty. If not, it will likely be Enchantment to replace Majesty and Adventure replaces Enchantment from Port Canaveral.

I'm torn on whether or not they would throw a Voyager-Class ship into the 3/4 day Bahamas market. I'm leaning towards yes due to the fact that it would revolutionize the 3/4 day market, giving Royal Caribbean a huge advantage over the competition, and Adventure had the least amount of work done during her revitalization (and many of us have wondered why).

Just got off yesterday.

Yes, Compass Deli was a Mexican all you can eat restaurant in evenings. I did not try it.

Carlos is not the cruise director, Simona is the new one, she was great.

Maurice and someone else, totally forget his name but he was new also.

From what I have heard they are not doing the Taste of Tuscany, specialty dinner and Compass Deli is being transformed in the evening into a Mexican Restaurant, as a for fee offering....but I was told it was going to be a flat fee and all you can eat.

Let me know when you sail on Her Majesty next week.

Does anyone reading this know if Carlos Torres is still the CD and who is the Activity Manager? We had Carlos (very good) and Maurice (sp), but not sure if Maurice was staying for awhile.

Just got off yesterday.

Yes, Compass Deli was a Mexican all you can eat restaurant in evenings. I did not try it.

Carlos is not the cruise director, Simona is the new one, she was great.

Maurice and someone else, totally forget his name but he was new also.

Thanks.....what the Compass Deli had in the evening prior to the Mexican Restaurant was a specialty dining experience called Taste of Tuscany; it was a wonderful 5 course dinner complete with all you could eat wine. It was only offered on the first night and the last night (at least on the 3 night/weekender). It held a maximum of 16 tables at $30 per person. It was not just dining, it was a 'food experience' -- learning about how to make what you were eating and all about the wines that went with it.

First I direct you to my post of what happened to me this weekend - I have now seen it all ! :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45559571#post45559571

But also - $12, all you can eat tacos and homemade guacamoles and salsas. No alcohol included. But an offering of tequilas for a price. I did not try it.

Simona is the excellent CD. Mauricio is the OK activities director (he just didn't seem that personable, and I rarely say anything bad about a member of MJ's crew). New Captain - Captain Rune. Excellent newish F&B director, Craig Jarrett. Michael Landry still Hotel Director. Victor still in for Ruth as LA.

I think we can count on a Vision class replacement ship - Splendour would be fine.

OH - almost forgot - new VIP program with upgraded Pinnacle type amenities such as the bathroom soaps and shampoos, opportunity to book cabanas ahead of time, much nicer robes, VIP departure. Not sure what levels get it - I am Diamond Plus.

Splendour has a much lower pax capacity than Majesty. The smallest Vision class ships usually command nice premiums on unique itineraries. I have my doubts about it showing up to do the 3/4 Miami cruises.

If Vision class ship replaces Majesty I would ass-ume it will be Enchantment because of higher passenger count.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Forums mobile app

No real information. But enchantment was the original intended replacement (not Vision according to any senior officer). But enchantment is doing well in Port Canaveral now. And even though majesty regularly sells out weekends. It does not do the same Monday to Friday without deep discounts. A slightly smaller ship would not be a problem. Plus a voyager class cannot do key west. We shall see. But I just don't think royal is going to make a big move in the 3/4 day Bahamas market.

The Vision bookings on the City of Key West, Florida website might have just been a place holder for whichever ship they put in there.

http://www.cityofkeywest-fl.gov/department/calendar.php

When you enter the "Shipping Agent Key West Cruise Ship Calendars (Printable)" and then look at April and May 2016, it is still currently showing Vision on the 5th of May following the Majesty final call on the 28th of April 2016.

http://www.calendarwiz.com/calendars/calendar.php?crd=caribenautical&op=cal&month=4&year=2016&PHPSESSID=b9df65d7f42c76d02b80fd1c7a3d0fa7

http://www.calendarwiz.com/calendars/calendar.php?crd=caribenautical&op=cal&month=5&year=2016&PHPSESSID=b9df65d7f42c76d02b80fd1c7a3d0fa7

No real information. But enchantment was the original intended replacement (not Vision according to any senior officer). But enchantment is doing well in Port Canaveral now. And even though majesty regularly sells out weekends. It does not do the same Monday to Friday without deep discounts. A slightly smaller ship would not be a problem. Plus a voyager class cannot do key west. We shall see. But I just don't think royal is going to make a big move in the 3/4 day Bahamas market.

Ah ok, no real info then. I'm still in the wishful thinking mode that EOS will come down to MIA (because of Key West) and PC gets a Voyager Class for the Bahamas runs (no Key West, more on board spending on sea days, plenty of balcony cabins, more amenties). I feel that Legend & Splendour are going to be targetted to be sold/retired over the next couple of years, and I'm thinking RCI won't put a ship in MIA or PC that will be gone very soon. No real info here from me either, just personal opinion :)

The Vision bookings on the City of Key West, Florida website might have just been a place holder for whichever ship they put in there.

And of course from the 16-17 deployment thread this goes against the Vision place holders in Europe. It'll be fun to see how this all turns out in the next few weeks.

Edited by Hoopster95

Why do people feel they need to keep Key West? Alot of cruise lines have abandoned Key West because of the port, Key West needs to eventually dredge and build up the port to handle bigger ships if they want that revenue.

I think its safe to say that Splendor and Legend are out so I would not count them in for a 3/4 day replacement. If RCI doesnt want to go bigger as I think they should. im sure it will be Vision or Grandeur.

Why do people feel they need to keep Key West? Alot of cruise lines have abandoned Key West because of the port, Key West needs to eventually dredge and build up the port to handle bigger ships if they want that revenue.

I think its safe to say that Splendor and Legend are out so I would not count them in for a 3/4 day replacement. If RCI doesnt want to go bigger as I think they should. im sure it will be Vision or Grandeur.

Would they give up Grandeur in Baltimore? I don't think a Voyager class ship will fit into Baltimore. Would they repo a Radiance class ship for Baltimore? Baltimore is a strategic port; prices are pretty solid and it allows RCI to have a ship for Bermuda, something they don't seem to be able to secure with 100% confidence out of Bayonne. Also, factor in that Carnival is going to be sailing from more mid-Atlantic ports, I don't think RCI wants to abandon Baltimore.

Vision class ships are very nice ships, but as far as the 3/4 day market goes they don't really bring much that isn't there already. Yes, they are upgrades over Majesty in terms of solarium, specialty dining, and standard level balcony rooms, but I don't see them blown away Carnival or NCL with any Vision-class ship.

It will be interesting to see what develops. I can book any number of cruise lines already into 2017, but can't book RCI right down the road for spring 2016.