What ship will eventually replace Majesty?

I would exclude the possibility that any Freedom class ship will do the short runs from Miami in 2016.

Liberty surely staysat Galveston year-round; Independence is lsited at St. Maarten regularly and surely sails the 7-night-cruises from Ft. Lauderdale, and Freedom is likely to move to San Juan.

On top of that I do not think that those relatvely modern ships will sail on those short cruises, since they are designed for longer voyages...

I also doubt that a Voyager or Radiance class ship will do those itineraries - so IMHO Vision class is the only remaining possibility...

I'd be surprised if Freedom was moved away from PC before an Oasis class ship was moved there to take over the 7 day runs.

I'd be surprised if Freedom was moved away from PC before an Oasis class ship was moved there to take over the 7 day runs.

Me too... Otherwise what would the replacement be?

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by Dave85

Hmm... :cool:

Oasis moves to Port Canaveral, both Allure and Indy sail from Ft. Lauderdale, and Freedom moves to San Juan.

Oasis III sails the 7-night-Med-itinerary from Barcelona.

Royal has some sort of long term contract with Port Everglades to process X number of passengers per year. I'd have to look at the numbers, but it might not be possible to do that without two Oasis class ships doing 7 day cruises.

Royal has some sort of long term contract with Port Everglades to process X number of passengers per year. I'd have to look at the numbers, but it might not be possible to do that without two Oasis class ships doing 7 day cruises.

There is also some contract with PC I would assume. And contracts were made to be broken. :D

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Maybe indy will do the 3/4 day cruises bc I'm not sure where she will be in 2016

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Independence is listed at St. Maarten throughout the summer season.

So I believe she will do the 7-night-runs out of Ft. Lauderdale, as she does in 2015 as well...

That means she will replace oasis or Allure right? Or doesn't it seem that way

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Independence already sails from Ft. Lauderdale in summer 2015, since Allure is heading to Europe.

I imagine that in 2016, both Allure and Indy sil from FL, and Oasis moves to Port Canaveral..

RCCL seem to be having trouble filling the Enchantment consistently from Port Canaveral. My guess is she moves to MIA and the Grandeur/Rhapsody/Vision take up residence in Port Canaveral. The Vision would be an easy move and a Radiance class ship could take over in TPA if RCCL choose to continue offering seasonal 7 night cruises from there. I think there will be quite a few ship shuffles with the 2016/17 deployment release when it comes out. Remember both Ovation AND Oasis 3 come into the fleet in 2016.

Personally, I don't visualize anything larger than a Vision class ship for the 3/4 night itineraries. These sailings attract first time cruisers that are easily wowed because they don't have anything to compare them to. Trust me, they'll be wowed with a Vision class ship. Also, it seems that frequently these short sailings are deeply discounted. Can't imagine what would happen if overnight they add 800 extra berths!

About the "WOW" factor, we definitely experienced it when we sailed on Enchantment last summer. And that's a lot to say considering that our previous Royal cruise was on the Allure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

Personally, I don't visualize anything larger than a Vision class ship for the 3/4 night itineraries. These sailings attract first time cruisers that are easily wowed because they don't have anything to compare them to. Trust me, they'll be wowed with a Vision class ship. Also, it seems that frequently these short sailings are deeply discounted. Can't imagine what would happen if overnight they add 800 extra berths!

About the "WOW" factor, we definitely experienced it when we sailed on Enchantment last summer. And that's a lot to say considering that our previous Royal cruise was on the Allure.

Good thoughts!

I also do not reckon that anything other than Vision Class will do those itineraries - although also those ships are designed for longer itineraries, IMHO...

But I wouldn't know which other possibilities are there.

I highly doubt the option of Voyager/Freddom/Radiance class, since those ships shall sail other itineraries - longer ones, and especially Freedom and Voyager class have enough "WOW" factors to satisfy passengers for a longer time.

And Radiance has a perfect size to visit a lot of ports... a very flexible series of ships...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Good thoughts!

I also do not reckon that anything other than Vision Class will do those itineraries - although also those ships are designed for longer itineraries, IMHO...

But I wouldn't know which other possibilities are there.

I highly doubt the option of Voyager/Freddom/Radiance class, since those ships shall sail other itineraries - longer ones, and especially Freedom and Voyager class have enough "WOW" factors to satisfy passengers for a longer time.

And Radiance has a perfect size to visit a lot of ports... a very flexible series of ships...

With the exception of Enchantment, all the Vision class ships have much less passenger capacity than Majesty. The Majesty runs are VERY profitable cruises and I can't imagine a decision to have less capacity rather than more. Adding 800 berths to the cruise will be filled. It will be adding cabin options that are not available right now, such as balcony cabins that are not JS. The goal should be putting more cabins on these runs, not less and not keeping it the same.

The reality is whatever ship they move to the 3/4 day itineraries were all doing other longer itineraries -- even Majesty did 7 day itineraries before starting to do these runs.

Majesty runs full every cruise -- sure the last couple of dozen cabins are discounted....and that happens on ALL cruises.

With the exception of Enchantment, all the Vision class ships have much less passenger capacity than Majesty. The Majesty runs are VERY profitable cruises and I can't imagine a decision to have less capacity rather than more. Adding 800 berths to the cruise will be filled. It will be adding cabin options that are not available right now, such as balcony cabins that are not JS. The goal should be putting more cabins on these runs, not less and not keeping it the same.

The reality is whatever ship they move to the 3/4 day itineraries were all doing other longer itineraries -- even Majesty did 7 day itineraries before starting to do these runs.

Majesty runs full every cruise -- sure the last couple of dozen cabins are discounted....and that happens on ALL cruises.

Paulette, not being difficult, but how do you know the ship is VERY profitable. Not counting the discounting, the price per day Allways seems to be on the low side. Also the lack of balconies keeps prices down. Even if long ago paid off, I'm sure they have refinanced them several times

Paulette, not being difficult, but how do you know the ship is VERY profitable. Not counting the discounting, the price per day Allways seems to be on the low side. Also the lack of balconies keeps prices down. Even if long ago paid off, I'm sure they have refinanced them several times

Through business I know a VP from Royal Caribbean. The company refers to the two cruise runs that Majesty does as "cash cows".

Not being difficult but, how would you know if they have refinanced several times?

Through business I know a VP from Royal Caribbean. The company refers to the two cruise runs that Majesty does as "cash cows".

Not being difficult but, how would you know if they have refinanced several times?

Prudent business decision by a well run company

Vision class will be gone in 3-4 years too , so they might as well get use to possibly adventure or jewel coming over to do the run.

There was a Time ships like Majesty did 7 day cruises and no one thought Majesty would end doing 3/4 day, same thing when Sky was put in and I think that hurt carnival and royal as Sky is the best ship out there doing the run, they need to Angie something better than sky out there and enchantment isn't much better just an improvement they might as well make a splash.

Prudent business decision by a well run company

You specifically wrote in post #193: "Even if long ago paid off, I'm sure they have refinanced them several times"

To me it is you who is speculating here with the above statement, rather than know it for a fact.

My father raised me ( and I am sure the fathers of other people) to believe that the best position a person or business can be in is 'debt free'. I don't expect Royal to really ever be debt free because of the need to finance new ships....but it also would not surprise me if they have ships in the fleet that are finance free. Taking on more debt for refinancing, isn't always the best route to anything.

You specifically wrote in post #193: "Even if long ago paid off, I'm sure they have refinanced them several times"

To me it is you who is speculating here with the above statement, rather than know it for a fact.

My father raised me ( and I am sure the fathers of other people) to believe that the best position a person or business can be in is 'debt free'. I don't expect Royal to really ever be debt free because of the need to finance new ships....but it also would not surprise me if they have ships in the fleet that are finance free. Taking on more debt for refinancing, isn't always the best route to anything.

I never said you were speculating, I was honestly curious and tried to say that as positively as possible. Sorry if I upset you

My wife and I were on the Voyager's 100th sailing out of Miami for our Honeymoon in 2001. It was a 7 day and she was the largest cruise ship in the world then. We would love to see a Voyager Class return to Miami.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My wife and I were on the Voyager's 100th sailing out of Miami for our Honeymoon in 2001. It was a 7 day and she was the largest cruise ship in the world then. We would love to see a Voyager Class return to Miami.

Better to send Enchantment to Miami and a Voyager class ship to Port Canaveral.:)