What ship will eventually replace Majesty?

If a Voyager class ship does replace the Majesty I think it will stay in Miami instead of going to Canaveral to replace Enchantment. It seems to me that the Enchantment has been discounting her prices a lot more than Majesty has been.

This would suggest that because if the vastly larger market that Miami has it would be a lot easier to sell the extra 800 or so berths that the Voyager class ships have over the Majesty or Enchantment.

It also would not surprise me that if they did use the Voyager class ship for the 3/4 day runs that they would drop Key West as a port. With the larger ship there is more opportunity to get people to spend more money on board instead of in a port.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

The truth of the matter is Enchantment can get to Key West easily from PC, they just choose not to or can't get the logistics to work. The 4 day Bahamas run does not cover a lot of distance. They don't need Miami in order to go to Key West.

But if they CAN do a 4 day from Miami on a Voyager class with Key West, AND alternate every other week to my fantastic, can not be disputed or disparaged idea to have a 4 day Labadee run, they would just crush the rest of the 3/4 day market.

Actually, even better than Miami would be Port Everglades, but that's just wishful thinking.

Enchantement was originally scheduled to replace Majesty, so I'm thinking that will still be the plan. It's the only one that comes close to replacing capacity (other than Voyager class, and I just don't see them giving up the Key West route). But I, too, would love a Labadee option.

But glad I didn't bet money on when MJ would be leaving. :)

I am on her this weekend - can't wait to hear what they have to say.

Enchantement was originally scheduled to replace Majesty, so I'm thinking that will still be the plan. It's the only one that comes close to replacing capacity (other than Voyager class, and I just don't see them giving up the Key West route). But I, too, would love a Labadee option.

The only positive of moving Enchantment to replace Her Majesty is that Enchantment has balcony cabins that are not JS. But her overall passenger capacity at max is the same, so that do me would not make as much sense as bringing a ship with a larger cruiser capacity to replace her.

There was an article about a Voyager class ship that did a test run into Key West, so they know it is feasible.

I am sure Royal has already made the decision as to what ship will be the replacement, when the next batch of itineraries come out we will all know as well -- if they don't make an announcement sooner.

The only positive of moving Enchantment to replace Her Majesty is that Enchantment has balcony cabins that are not JS. But her overall passenger capacity at max is the same, so that do me would not make as much sense as bringing a ship with a larger cruiser capacity to replace her.

There was an article about a Voyager class ship that did a test run into Key West, so they know it is feasible.

I am sure Royal has already made the decision as to what ship will be the replacement, when the next batch of itineraries come out we will all know as well -- if they don't make an announcement sooner.

Much better deck space on Enchantment I seem to recall.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Much better deck space on Enchantment I seem to recall.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Enchantment may have more deck space over Her Majesty, but a larger ship overall like a Voyager class will have even more deck space and more passenger capacity.

I am sick and tired of Floridians bad mouthing any and every port of embarkation north of South Florida.

Anyone agree with me?

:rolleyes:

Not every Floridian bad mouths every port of embarkation north of S. Florida. I have no idea why anyone would do that in the first place. From my point of view the more locations that can handle the embarkation of a cruise ship successfully, the more potential cruisers the industry can have.

I love the fact that I live in S. Florida and have access to lots of cruise choices and would love others to have them as well. It doesn't mean I want to deny that access to others.

I remember when there was a time, when NO ship sailed from northern ports during the winter months, for example. A lot has changed in the industry and but what will NEVER change is that you will always find people that have points of view.

Apart from the ships sailing in Asia, look what itineraries the Voyager ships do currently - usually, cruising 7 nights and more, and there should be a particular reason for it...

Sure. They are successful at what they have always done. But there was a time when Sovereign-class was not a 3/4 day getaway, just like there was a time when Vision class was not in that role either.

To me a Vision-class for 3/4 day is on par or slightly better than the competition. Voyager-class changes the Florida 3/4 day market. You're talking a ship bigger than the biggest Carnival ship at all and right on the heels of the newest stuff from NCL, never mind the stuff those lines use for the 3/4 day market.

RCI wants to WOW people. WOW is Voyager/Freedom/Oasis/Quantum classes.

Time will tell. No matter what ship it is going to be a net gain in amenities, balcony cabins, etc.

IMHO the Voyager-Class-ships sail more profitable when they are delpoyed differently... on longer itineraries.

Apart from the ships sailing in Asia, look what itineraries the Voyager ships do currently - usually, cruising 7 nights and more, and there should be a particular reason for it...

Voyager ships have in the past as you point out have itineraries that are 7 night cruises. I am sure that makes them profitable.....and profitable is the key. You have not pointed out any reason to believe that putting a Voyager class ship on a 3/4 day itinerary would make them LESS profitable.

From people who I know, the itineraries that Her Majesty has done have been very profitable and Royal is sure to look at increasing the profitability of those itineraries, and a larger ship with more suites, balconies and additional amenities for cruisers is one of the things they will look at. The ship itself of course must be 'efficient' from a cost standpoint for the shorter distances/trips it will take.....all of that has to fall in line to determine 'overall profitability'.

Just because a Voyager ship has not done this type of deployment, doesn't mean it would not be profitable if it did do it.

Something is going to change with Her Majesty's retirement.....and maximizing profitability will surely be part of the decision.

The truth of the matter is Enchantment can get to Key West easily from PC, they just choose not to or can't get the logistics to work. The 4 day Bahamas run does not cover a lot of distance. They don't need Miami in order to go to Key West.

But if they CAN do a 4 day from Miami on a Voyager class with Key West, AND alternate every other week to my fantastic, can not be disputed or disparaged idea to have a 4 day Labadee run, they would just crush the rest of the 3/4 day market.

Actually, even better than Miami would be Port Everglades, but that's just wishful thinking.

I absolutely love this idea! I believe that this could definitely put them above the competition and would make a pretty great B2B with the 3N Bahamas run.

Just an fyi, Liberty and Indy have had great 4 & 5 day itineraries the last few years and continue to have a ton of 4 & 5 day itineraries through 2015.

Edited by Hoopster95

Can't take a Vision or Radiance class ship from Tampa as those are the only two classes than can fit under the bridge. Can't take a Vision class ship out of Baltimore as Radiance and higher can't fit under the bridge (there's been plenty of discussion that maybe Radiance can but I have not followed at all in detail... if Radiance can in fact get under, then Baltimore is realistic with it's winter schedule & Canada itineraries)

I feel Radiance Class in Miami would be a colossal waste of time and a big mistake. They are cold weather ships with extremely small pool decks/pools & propulsion systems needed for the Alaska/Baltics itineraries for environmental issues. Miami needs a warm weather ship that shows off RCL's WOW amenities with massive outside pool decks and more balcony staterooms, something that can provide consumers choice with things to do on board if they cannot tender in CoCoCay & for the many that stay on board in Nassau as well (ie. Florider, Full sports court, ice rink, etc). Navigator would be phenomenal imho.

Bob said it very well on the other thread that's currently going... maybe Enchantment to Miami because she can fit much easier into Key West and NoS to CC to replace Enchantment.

First thing I said when the announcement was made -let the RUMORS begin!!!!

I also would love to see Enchantment come down to FLL or MIA to take the place of Majesty. We love Enchantment.

I really don't see anything bigger than maybe a Radiance Class, it is only a 3 day cruise, so cannot see them putting something way bigger when a Vision class is in PC. If they raised the prices crazy on a 3 day out of MIA we would drive to PC and do Enchantment, so whatever they bring down here is going to have to be competative

Maybe indy will do the 3/4 day cruises bc I'm not sure where she will be in 2016

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Now that would be awesome to have a big ship doing the 3/4 night cruises. I really don't see it, I think it will be a Vision Class, but until the itins come out next year, no one is going to know for sure.

I really don't care as long as they keep doing my wonderful 3 night weekend getaways that we love so much:p

Well I guess we will know at least by February, but I think really think all bets are off here, you have huge tonnage like liberty and independence doing 4 day cruises anyway , certianlly one less day doesn't take these or the voyager class ships out of the equation.

I foresee all vision class gone in the next 3-4 years so even if we get a vision class it will be temporary as it should be, no one wants the same ship in the same port for 10 years, glad to see majesty go her time was overdue, she is just a piece of metal nothing to cry about, do you guys cry at the dealership when you trade in your car? I hope not Lol

I am excited to what will happen, finally old tonnage gone , ships being switched around. Even heard carnival will rid themselves of the fascination ships so royal should put something good before carnival does.

Edited by SaintL

Now that would be awesome to have a big ship doing the 3/4 night cruises. I really don't see it, I think it will be a Vision Class, but until the itins come out next year, no one is going to know for sure.

I really don't care as long as they keep doing my wonderful 3 night weekend getaways that we love so much:p

We shall see it can easily be freedom or liberty also

Can freedom be replacing her?

I would exclude the possibility that any Freedom class ship will do the short runs from Miami in 2016.

Liberty surely staysat Galveston year-round; Independence is lsited at St. Maarten regularly and surely sails the 7-night-cruises from Ft. Lauderdale, and Freedom is likely to move to San Juan.

On top of that I do not think that those relatvely modern ships will sail on those short cruises, since they are designed for longer voyages...

I also doubt that a Voyager or Radiance class ship will do those itineraries - so IMHO Vision class is the only remaining possibility...

Edited by celebrity_fan