FLL Airport to Port

Chillidog

I am booking air for our 9/6/2014 cruise out of Port Everglades and wondered how long it will take to get from the airport to the port. Our flight lands in FLL at 11:40. Will that give us enough time to board?

Drive time is about 10-15 min......only because of traffic

Edited by GTO-Girl

I am booking air for our 9/6/2014 cruise out of Port Everglades and wondered how long it will take to get from the airport to the port. Our flight lands in FLL at 11:40. Will that give us enough time to board?

Are you flying out of DTW?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

Will that give us enough time to board?

Assuming that everything goes perfectly well, absolutely. But as an Airline Pilot, and knowing everything that can (and routinely DOES go wrong), I would NEVER book a flight that leaves me basically ZERO room to play with.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I know it's probably too late but if you would have asked about this before you booked your flight my advice would have been to fly in the day before. Things can go wrong and you have to be on the ship 90 minuted before the cruise ship leaves.

If there is no penalty to change your flight do consider flying in a day early.

Either way, have a wonderful cruise.

Keith

Cab is way quicker/same price if not cheaper than Carnival shuttle from FLL to PT Everglades. Never doing the shuttle again. We waited 50 minutes for the bus, and stopped at an additional pickup area. Then they had to wait to unload the shuttle bus at the port for 5-10 minutes.

We landed at 11:15am (DTW TO FLL 25 min ahead of schedule), and were on the Freedom around 2 with the shuttle bus fiasco w/FTTF.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

oh yes very close!!! No worries!!!

Well, no worries if the flight is on time and everything goes perfectly. :)

I know it's probably too late but if you would have asked about this before you booked your flight my advice would have been to fly in the day before.

Agree with you, Keith. We would never cut it that close but I know many passengers do.

Thanks everyone. Spouse says fly in day before as some of you suggest but I always throw caution to the wind. We are flying from CMH but haven't yet made reservations. Will prob fly in a day early. Again thanks for all the info.

If indeed you can go the day before..great. On your date, you should get a great rate for the hotel. Your choice...beach ( our choice) or one of the hotels on 17th st. (Get ideas on this board.) Have fun!