Freedom of the Seas. Do you have questions? On board now with unlimited wifi pkg.

Which itinerary are you doing this week? No specific questions, but I'll read and look at everything till I reboard Freedom next Spring.

I read further and saw your on the Eastern. How was tendering to and from if you went ashore on Coco Cay? I'll be Diamond on Day 2 of my next cruise, is there a Special Diamond line at Guest Services? Is so I'll wait till day 3 for any issues. KIDDING!. Enjoy.

I didn't get off in CocoCay. Been there, done that, hate fighting with the seagulls. Some ships do something special there for Suite guests, D+ and PC, but not Freedom, so I just slept in.

As far as I know, no one does anything for Diamonds on CocoCay.

I saw a D/D+ Priority line at GS. Didn't use it. (I feel funny, and there was only one person in front of me anyway.) I guess if there were a really long line, I might use it.

Enjoying your report Merion Mom! Somehow we missed the whole Freedom Class, but will be in 7712 on Freedom in 3 weeks. I originally booked a deck 9 aft balcony - jumped on a JS guarantee when prices dropped - and switched my assigned cabin to 7712. Great minds think alike!

Unfortunately, we are not high Diamond Plus - we are Double Diamond Plus or Half Pinnacle (levels in my own mind haha). No chance of complimentary upgrade; full suites have been sold out on our sailing.

I would appreciate any opinions on Chops. We have not been impressed recently and may choose to eat at Portofino twice.

Enjoy the rest of your voyage!

Friends ate at Chops two nights ago and reported having an excellent dinner.

Here we go:

Entire night club is going bye-bye.

Deck 3 will be filled with passenger cabins.

Deck 4 will become Sabor. I know that many of you are hoping for that, so your wishes are coming true.

Deck 12 will get the same new cabins as on Navigator

The Cupcake Cupboard, although "new" to Freedom (original on Liberty and Independence, but not on Freedom; added later), is going bye-bye. Probably more retail space. No specific word on that. My guess? A Coach store. ;)

Izumi is going somewhere in the Windjammer area.

Portofino will be re-purposed as Giovanni's Table.

Royal Caribbean is considering doing away with Formal Nights, and/or having a separate dining room/area for people who want to dress formally.

Did I forget anything?

Still have to investigate the gym and the CD more. ;)

I really started this as a thread JUST about the Freedom as a ship, but some of you are asking question about the voyage and the ports, so let me add a couple of things.

Entertainment: There is a "resident" magic act on the Freedom. I skipped it in September, and I skipped it this week. Not a magic fan. Friends told me that it was wonderful, and that the RC dancers were part of the act. Maybe next time. ;)

Headliner: Vox Audio. An a capella group. They were fantastically, awesomely fabulous. I was really blown away. Talked to some others; not everyone felt that way.

But there is different entertainment on board for a reason: different tastes. ;)

"Meal" with an officer perk here is a breakfast. Those of you who KNOW me, know that I am so NOT a morning person. (I told you that I slept in instead of going to CocoCay). So I pulled my butt out of bed at 8:30. It was a great meal, though. That's where I got this information. :D

We will be on in two weeks so same route! Is the VCL being used as overflow or most people using the coupons? Have you used the free drink coupons any issues? Can you use the BOGO at portofinos on another night as it's no open night 1? Can you let me know what night is fisherman plate (I think I saw it differs because of the route). When are the welcome back parties?

Hope you're having fun and anything you can share would be great!

How did I miss your post? :)

Overflow is one of the card rooms. I haven't been up there yet.

No issues whatsoever using the vouchers.

I had two voice mails on my phone when I arrived on Sunday. One was from the manager of Chops and the other was from the manager of Portofino. BOTH told me that I could use my D+ BOGO coupon on Night 1 or Night 2.

Lobster night is tonight, Night #6.

General welcome back (all levels) was in the Pharoah's Lounge on Day 3 at 4:45. I forgot to go. :o

Platinum and up (Top Tier) is tonight at 4:45. I think. I intend to remember to go! Invitation actually specifies formal attire.

Izumi probably replaces Seven Hearts and Cloud Nine.

While that is possible, the answer that I was given was "in the Windjammer". That's Deck 11. Seven Hearts and Cloud Nine are on Deck 14, as you know.

Did that happen on any other ship in Voyager or Freedom class, Bob?

While that is possible, the answer that I was given was "in the Windjammer". That's Deck 11. Seven Hearts and Cloud Nine are on Deck 14, as you know.

Navigator got Izumi up in Viking Crown. I was told a year ago (I know, useless info by this time) that Explorer would also get Izumi up in Viking Crown.

Hi, Carol. I'm not Bob, but on Navigator Izumi is on Deck 14 where Cloud Nine/Seven Hearts was. It was very nice and the views are great. The tables from the card room were moved down to the library (deck7?). Couches were removed now a game room (area). I'm loving your question/answer thread:)

Carolyn

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Navigator got Izumi up in Viking Crown. I was told a year ago (I know, useless info by this time) that Explorer would also get Izumi up in Viking Crown.

Hi, Carol. I'm not Bob, but on Navigator Izumi is on Deck 14 where Cloud Nine/Seven Hearts was. It was very nice and the views are great. The tables from the card room were moved down to the library (deck7?). Couches were removed now a game room (area). I'm loving your question/answer thread:)

Carolyn

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Then I am going to guess that my officer was wrong :eek: :p ;) and that Izumi WILL probably be up on Deck 14.

Thanks, Carolyn.

:)

Here we go:

Entire night club is going bye-bye.

Deck 3 will be filled with passenger cabins.

Deck 4 will become Sabor. I know that many of you are hoping for that, so your wishes are coming true.

Deck 12 will get the same new cabins as on Navigator

The Cupcake Cupboard, although "new" to Freedom (original on Liberty and Independence, but not on Freedom; added later), is going bye-bye. Probably more retail space. No specific word on that. My guess? A Coach store. ;)

Izumi is going somewhere in the Windjammer area.

Portofino will be re-purposed as Giovanni's Table.

Royal Caribbean is considering doing away with Formal Nights, and/or having a separate dining room/area for people who want to dress formally.

Did I forget anything?

Still have to investigate the gym and the CD more. ;)

So where are people supposed to go dancing if they are getting rid of the nightclub? I can't say I am fond of this idea. That's one of my favourite spaces at sea. :(

Is this going to be another case of increasing the number of passengers whilst simultaneously decreasing public spaces?

Any word on where we can let Royal Caribbean know our opinion on formal nights?

Thanks for the updates!

So where are people supposed to go dancing if they are getting rid of the nightclub? I can't say I am fond of this idea. That's one of my favourite spaces at sea. :(

Is this going to be another case of increasing the number of passengers whilst simultaneously decreasing public spaces?

Any word on where we can let Royal Caribbean know our opinion on formal nights?

Thanks for the updates!

They usually move the nightclub function up to Viking Crown.

Yes, this is another case of adding more guests without adding space to Windjammer, Theater, pool deck, etc.

Edited by clarea

I really like having Sabor and Izumi on the Freedom. Sad to lose Portofino, and curious as to why Cupcake Cupboard is going away. Is this only on the Freedom or will it be phased out from all the ships?

Carol, not sure if you posted this already, but is Freedom using the "new" Chops menu or the older one? I know you said they have the kids menu, but I'm also concerned about the adults menu.

We have OBC...maybe I just do it. Mom gets the BOGO coupon for herself as D+ and she can take older son (so book them as a 2 person ressie). Then I book me and 12 yo, take the 20% discount for the first night (are they currently doing that?) and let him eat what he wants.

OMG, my brain didn't even make the connection when I saw the "Sweet Street" label. That's the company in Reading, isn't it?

(see, I told you that dementia is taking over!)

It is in Reading and so close for me that I am able to visit there whenever I need a cruise calorie fix. Ironically we were sent our cupcakes while on a B2B on the Allure where the Cupcakes from the Cupboard tasted just fine until the vanilla bean ones arrived. :p

And now, back to the Freedom, sorry for the distraction.

Curious how long the current line-up of "entertainers" remains on the ship. We sail on 8/31 ..

It varies. Some theater headliners (like comedians) stay only a week or two. Some (like the magic show) stay for months.

Thank you for all the information and updates. Is this your first year of retirement? I retired in June and now have 4 trips booked between now and the end of March (1 Explorer, 2 Grandeur, 1 Quantum). I think I am going to enjoy retirement as well:). Katherine

I really like having Sabor and Izumi on the Freedom. Sad to lose Portofino, and curious as to why Cupcake Cupboard is going away. Is this only on the Freedom or will it be phased out from all the ships?

Same here. I was hoping for Sabor especially, I've read very good reviews on it. As for the cupcake thing, the fancy cupcake shop fad has pretty much run its course apparently. A bunch sprang up like mushrooms in my area, but they are disappearing very fast. Similar to the "make your own" frozen yogurt shop fad that took off then slowed way down a few years ago.

Shame, my wife was looking forward to it onboard. Oh well I told here we can spend that money on cheese dip and guacamole :D

Thank you for all the information and updates. Is this your first year of retirement? I retired in June and now have 4 trips booked between now and the end of March (1 Explorer, 2 Grandeur, 1 Quantum). I think I am going to enjoy retirement as well:). Katherine

It has been one full year now.

Anyone want to guess how many cruises I have been on since June 2013? ;)