Putting Magnet on cabin door

Hornnumb2

I've used magnets on my door with no problem for sticking there...

As for STAYING there and not being stolen... If you're mid-ship or by an elevator or high traffic, expect it to be stolen or relocated to another door.

Use tape and make it a poster of something home made that doesn't interest others... and chances are it will remain undisturbed.

I've had magnets stolen. But when I'm aft or forward, it's usually been safe -- altho, once in a aft facing cabin, I had a magnet stolen. It was ornate and decorated and home made. I guess someone else wanted it more.

Agree not all doors will hold magnets, I always carry sticky tabs and my trusty roll of duct tape. ;) I have used that numerous times. We always do up our doors and we are 50/50 for people removing things. Usually the last night of the cruise or Cozumel port where people tend to get a little more drunk. :p

Edited by keystonemama

I bought some very bright, tropical looking flower barettes at the dollar store.. I just clipped them on our mailbox and we could see them from a distance. No one has ever bothered them.

What a GREAT idea!!! I'm going to look for some today!!!

I bought some very bright, tropical looking flower barettes at the dollar store.. I just clipped them on our mailbox and we could see them from a distance. No one has ever bothered them.

Yep, every magnet we've put on our door has disappeared or moved down the hall. The barrette idea is very good. We used neon pipe cleaners woven in the mailbox the last few times. They didn't disappear but were put into different configurations.