Rome airport transportation

SB52

I always suggest that cruisers try and arrive in Rome 1 or 2 days early to enjoy the area and adjust to the time change. But if you can't do that, I would suggest you either use the ship's transfer or contact a local company like Rome Cabs. We have used their service several times and been most pleased with them.

Rome Cabs is excellent. If on a budget you can also take the train. The train station is in the airport, but you would have to transfer to get a train to the port. The Station in Chitivecchia is a little walk to the port stop where you get the shuttle to the ship. Rome Cabs is about $200.00 for two people, the train MUCH cheaper. Enjoy

If you are flying in the day of the cruise, I recommend using Celebrity's transfer service because it's a foreign port and because it's so far from the airport. They meet you at the airport, and you don't have to worry about anything.

However, I agree with previous commenter that it would be great to spend a few days in Rome ahead of time, in which case I would find others on your roll call and share private transportation; we had no choice but to fly in day-of when we sailed out of Rome and were very jet-lagged the first few days of the cruise.

+1 for arriving a few days early to enjoy Rome, also +1 for Rome Cabs, we used them and they were great to work with. We set up some groups from our roll call and Rome Cabs were great about arranging picks in the city going to the ship.

I would recommend against taking the train from the airport for multiple reasons, not the least of which is flying n the day OF the cruise :eek:. But some things can't be helped.

For the train, you would have to take the Leonardo Express and get off at either Trastevere or Termini and change trains to Civitavecchia. The Civitavecchia platform is far away from the main part of the station at Termini. Once there, you would likely have to carry your bags up a flight of stairs to the street level (no elevator). Then it is either a 1/4 to 1 mile walk to the port shuttle bus (due to ongoing construction issues). That is a LOT of schlepping, lifting and dragging cruise-level baggage

Celebrity's transport is reportedly $92/pp and you will not leave the airport until the bus is full. You are much better off arranging for RomeCabs or similar to take you directly, for about the same price or less. If you could meet up and share with a roll call member, so much the better.

How do you suggest getting from airport in Rome to ship for Silhouette cruise 11/1/14. Plane getting in at 11:05 am

Another one for Rome Cabs. They are wonderful, we used them few times.

Advice: check on your roll call, you may find another people to share the transfer to make it cheaper.

X transfer is expensive and you need to wait till bus is full.

Another one for Rome Cabs. They are wonderful, we used them few times.

Advice: check on your roll call, you may find another people to share the transfer to make it cheaper.

X transfer is expensive and you need to wait till bus is full.

I agree 100% We used Romecabs last month for $130 Eur one way, about the same prices as the X transfer bus and you can leave as soon as you get there. I hate sitting on a bus for 30 -45 minutes waiting for the bus to fill. The driver from Rome cabs is waiting for you as you exit the baggage area.

How do you suggest getting from airport in Rome to ship for Silhouette cruise 11/1/14. Plane getting in at 11:05 am

We usually arrive in Rome 2-3 days before the cruise and always use Rome Cabs to get to the hotel in Rome and then to Civitavecchia. The transportation to the port we usually share with other passengers from the Roll Call paying around € 200-220 for 8 persons one way. Service and punctuality always excellent.

But last year september we booked last minute and as there were only the two of us, so we used shared transportation from Civitavecchia Cab Service. It cost us € 75.- each way. Service was excellent. Cab driver, wearing a suit, was waiting for us when we left the luggage area and he took us to a luxury car and drove us in no time to the ship in Civitavecchia Port. There were only the two of us.

On the return trip we shared a large van with 4 other persons, but again the driver was waiting when we got out of the terminal. I can highly recommend them, service was excellent. I saw that for this year they are offering a special shuttle rate of € 69 for two persons each way. http://www.civitavecchiacabservice.com

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

We usually arrive in Rome 2-3 days before the cruise and always use Rome Cabs to get to the hotel in Rome and then to Civitavecchia. The transportation to the port we usually share with other passengers from the Roll Call paying around € 200-220 for 8 persons one way. Service and punctuality always excellent.

But last year september we booked last minute and as there were only the two of us, so we used shared transportation from Civitavecchia Cab Service. It cost us € 75.- each way. Service was excellent. Cab driver, wearing a suit, was waiting for us when we left the luggage area and he took us to a luxury car and drove us in no time to the ship in Civitavecchia Port. There were only the two of us.

On the return trip we shared a large van with 4 other persons, but again the driver was waiting when we got out of the terminal. I can highly recommend them, service was excellent. I saw that for this year they are offering a special shuttle rate of € 69 for two persons each way. http://www.civitavecchiacabservice.com

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

This is a really good price. Anyone else had experience with this company? Their website is outdated stating 2013 special rates.

If you are going straight to the ship you should hire a guy who will be standing there with a plaque with your name on it! Lol

Romecabs will do the trick. Excellent

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is a really good price. Anyone else had experience with this company? Their website is outdated stating 2013 special rates.

Check them on Tripadvisor, they rate very high. When you contact them they will reply right away.