What is the first thing you do when you board the ship?

We always head up to the pool decks to grab a drink and hang out in the sun. We sail to the Caribbean in the winter months, so we try to get in as much sun and heat as soon as we can!

On our last cruise we checked out our dining room assigned table and saw we were at a table for two, so we changed that to sit at a bigger table. I think that might be a new routine now, we prefer sitting at a large table and meeting new people.

Understand the Sun. Never enough.

Thank you for all your amazing replies so far...

I am in the 2 week countdown to sailing stage and it really gets me in the excited cruise mood...

Any one else head for the spa or managed to snag a free mini treatment before?

Does anyone know if any of the activities are open on the first day like golf or the climbing wall?

Lisa xx;)

both should be open.

Newbie here - have only sailed once before on Disney Fantasy. Quick question - why does everyone check out the MDR table?? I'm not sure why that would be important enough to do first thing on the cruise. Am I missing something??

Thanks -

Michelle

Newbie here - have only sailed once before on Disney Fantasy. Quick question - why does everyone check out the MDR table?? I'm not sure why that would be important enough to do first thing on the cruise. Am I missing something??

Thanks -

Michelle

Curious to know where we will be sitting the whole cruise. Know the way to the table so you don't have to have someone guide you there when everyone is coming in for dinner the first night. Request a table change if we don't like the location. Something to do while waiting for the stateroom to be ready.

Edited by clarea

We usually head straight to the table outside of the windjammer to get our soda cups and then eat because we never eat a big breakfast if anything the morning of. This December will be my first cruise on the Allure so I will be heading for park cafe! ;) Then after we eat, we either tour the ship or head to our rooms depending on if they are ready or not.

Curious to know where we will be sitting the whole cruise. Know the way to the table so you don't have to have someone guide you there when everyone is coming in for dinner the first night. Request a table change if we don't like the location. Something to do while waiting for the stateroom to be ready.

And the FOS station has the good chocolate chip cookies

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Thanks -

Michelle

On many ships the dining rooms are very close to where you board, so it is a quick trip. It is nice to know your table location and to know if any preferences you've stated have been met. If they haven't been, you can talk to the maitre d' right then to try to correct the issue instead of having to deal with it at the start of dinner when they are swamped.

We have developed a little tradition after all these cruises......we get to the ship as early as we can, with the goal of being on board by noon. We have a few carry on bags with us, and head to WJ for our traditional 'kick of lunch' -- I love the paella and melon drink -- add a little salad and some chocolate chip cookies and I am ON VACATION.

When we can get into our cabins, usually 1pm - we drop off our carry on pieces and put anything we have away....maybe even luggage has arrived (sometimes it has); then it is POOL TIME. I love watching people come on board and see their faces, from IN THE POOL.

Then stay there until about 45 minutes before the Muster drill; we dry off and walk around the ship (especially if it is a new ship for us) and get ready to head to Muster drill. Then get ready for SAIL AWAY party. Get the PARTY started!

Our next cruise is Valentine's Day, February 14, 2015 on Independence. A new ship for us, but we have cruised on her sister Liberty in the Freedom class.

Edited by Paulette3028

Hello Everyone,

I am boarding IOTS in the next couple of weeks at Southampton and thought it would be fun to ask everyone if you have any tips on what you do first as soon as you board the ship...?

I usually head to the spa and get myself a raffle ticket, then go find my dining table for the cruise....finally I find a quiet corner and study the cruise compass with a cold drink :cool:

Do you have any tips on making the most of them 'first few hours' before you get given your room key...?

Looking forward to reading your replies

Lisa xx

Head to the pool and get a drink!!

We used to go eat lunch, but got tired of the craziness even though we tend to board early. Now, we go look for our dining table, walk around, then sit and read in the D lounge with a cup of coffee until cabins are open. We then go to the WJ and eat lunch without the crowds who are all checking out their cabins. After lunch, we head to our room, hoping our luggage is there and unpack.

Edited by BND