Post Your Cabin Temperature

BigEasyCC

For the most part we haven't had many issues with the room temps. However, there was one cruise where I was absolutely frozen in the cabin. My travel alarm clock has a thermometer built into it. It read 63 degrees! Way too cold for my blood. We had flown down from frozen new England in Feb. to escape the cold. My GF was fine with the cold room, me not so much. (did I mention I work outdoors in the winter and have learned to hate the cold),

I told our room steward, he had maintenance look at it. The issue never was resolved. Luckily, I travel with duct tape. A few pieces over some of the vent cut down the airflow to a reasonable level and the room temp stayed around 68 degrees the rest of the cruise.

My GF thought I was nutz. At least I wasn't cold. ;)

Edited by SeaScout

For the most part we haven't had many issues with the room temps. However, there was one cruise where I was absolutely frozen in the cabin. My travel alarm clock has a thermometer built into it. It read 63 degrees! Way too cold for my blood. We had flown down from frozen new England in Feb. to escape the cold. My GF was fine with the cold room, me not so much. (did I mention I work outdoors in the winter and have learned to hate the cold),

I told our room steward, he had maintenance look at it. The issue never was resolved. Luckily, I travel with duct tape. A few pieces over some of the vent cut down the airflow to a reasonable level and the room temp stayed around 68 degrees the rest of the cruise.

My GF thought I was nutz. At least I wasn't cold. ;)

What ship was this on?

Hubby is always hot so he gets the room as cold as possible....one of the reasons I find myself getting us balcony rooms lately. He can have the room as freezing cold as he wants, as long as I can relax on a warm balcony. I can honestly say I never thought our rooms were too warm.

I would guess that people leaving balcony doors open is a contributing factor to the A/C problems. Part of air conditioning's job is to remove humidity from the air - drier air holds less heat than moist air. Allowing hot humid air into the return air system WILL decrease the efficiency of the cooling system. Try running your A/C at home with the front door wide open - it's not going to work too well. Maybe the best idea would be to have a switch on the balcony door that turns on the cabin's interior lighting when the balcony door is open longer than say a minute or so - would keep people from leaving the doors open.

We just got off the Freedom yesterday.

Never had any issues with the A/C.

This was our first cruise and we LOVED it. We sure picked the right ship, we had such a GREAT time!!!!

Our room 1014 balcony...

photo1.jpg

photo.jpg

We've never had a temperature problem that we haven't been able to resolve on our own by adjusting the thermostat.

Me either. In fact, I've only had to adjust the thermostat in my room one time and that was sailing out of Baltimore in February. Room was chilly and after thermostat was adjusted, it was just right.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've been reading an awful lot of folks complaining about how hot it is in their cabin. Could there be a way to bring a temperature gauge to SHOW how hot it actually is in the room and take a picture of it?

I think a picture with a note of the ship, cabin #, and date and time of the photo would go a long way to getting the correct beards attention. Another good note would be when you called for service, when they came and the result. It would be great to get this issue resolved or at least addressed.

This really wouldn't work. If I wanted to complain abou the room being hot, I would turn the temperature to 90' and then take the picture.

Regardless of line, the first thing I usually do is set the thermostat down. I like it colder. Usually, setting it all the way down is good for me.

I think outside temp/humidity has a lot to do with the effectiveness. I was on the Paradise a couple years back, and it was a little warmer in my cabin than I liked, even though the thermostat was set all the way down. Yes, I did find the ceiling setting. This was memorial day as summer comes into full swing. It is the only time I remembered where my room was hot and there was nothing to be done about it. I did talk to the room steward and he had someone look at it, but nothing was really done.

However, I found my last cruise on the Independence had a very effective cooling system. I actually had to turn it off from the bottom setting.

we had an inside cabin on CCL a few years back where the cabin temp was very warm.

Went to sleep about 1am and woke the first 2 nights about 3am covered in sweat.

Both times we called the next morning and the maintenance staff took a reading and said it met their standards so nothing they could do.

Finally on day 3 our steward got us a fan which made the rest of the week more bearable as far as sleeping goes.

We keep our thermostat on 73 at home in the summer. I can't remember the name of the ship now but it was the first and only time we have had this problem thankfully.

Bill

Just got off the Carnival Conquest, had a wonderful time, but wished our cabin which was near the aft elevators on deck 8 had better A/C. While the room did get cool, it never really got COOL the way it has on previous cruises with Carnival and I might add we have stayed in this section on different ships so I really don't understand why there is any A/C issue at all in any room. I hope CARNIVAL is listening to their customers and addresses this because it is an important issue for us, i.e. our comfort on their ships. I did ask our steward who said our A/C was indeed on the highest setting, and we did keep our curtains closed during the day, still the A/C never really got cold.:)

We will be on the Dream in July and our balcony cabins are on deck 8 near the aft elevators. Ugh..........I am miserable when I'm hot. Hope they get this figured out!!

Regardless of line, the first thing I usually do is set the thermostat down. I like it colder. Usually, setting it all the way down is good for me.

I think outside temp/humidity has a lot to do with the effectiveness. I was on the Paradise a couple years back, and it was a little warmer in my cabin than I liked, even though the thermostat was set all the way down. Yes, I did find the ceiling setting. This was memorial day as summer comes into full swing. It is the only time I remembered where my room was hot and there was nothing to be done about it. I did talk to the room steward and he had someone look at it, but nothing was really done.

However, I found my last cruise on the Independence had a very effective cooling system. I actually had to turn it off from the bottom setting.

Ceiling setting? What's that? I've heard of people having to remove the vent cover to get more air......but, I havent heard of a "ceiling setting"?

I've been reading an awful lot of folks complaining about how hot it is in their cabin. Could there be a way to bring a temperature gauge to SHOW how hot it actually is in the room and take a picture of it?

I think a picture with a note of the ship, cabin #, and date and time of the photo would go a long way to getting the correct beards attention. Another good note would be when you called for service, when they came and the result. It would be great to get this issue resolved or at least addressed.

Too much free time on your hands? :o

The point is......if you like to be warm that is easily accommodated by adjusting the thermometer or opening your balcony door (if you have one). If you prefer it cooler in your cabin, you only have one option of setting it to the coldest setting and hoping for the best. Even at the coldest setting, it keeps the room in the 70's. WAY too hot! Way too miserable.

Ceiling setting? What's that? I've heard of people having to remove the vent cover to get more air......but, I havent heard of a "ceiling setting"?

I think that's where the thermostat is located on the Fantasy Class ship. I remembered the steward pointing that out to me, so I set it all the way down. After I complained that it was still a little warm, he started to play with it but when it didn't produce anything cooler, he shrugged and said there was nothing else he could do. It wasn't unbearably hot, but it was just the mugginess that seeped in at that time of year.

The op has an interesting idea.

When we were on Glory the air was out the whole 7days.

It was a balcony room so we opened the door at night.

My sister and I were on Conquest two years ago on an April 1 cruise.

I called as soon as we got there.

They said that the temp was within their allowable range.

It was an inside.

It was hot the whole time.

I mean not warm, hot.

It was way too hot to try to sleep with any covers.

One night the heat woke me up.

I had to get up and get a wet wash cloth for my face to be cool enough to sleep.

In the morning I was talking to my sister and she said that she had to do the same thing.

We found out that during the night they had the ship slowed to air lift someone off.

It seems like the slower the ship moved, the hotter it got.

There are inexpensive thermometers that record the lowest and highest temperatures for each 24 hours.

I think it was $7 at Lowe's.

One of those would have been good on our hot cruises.

(I used one of those thermometers when my mom was in rehab/nursing home.

She was confined to bed and it was hot in there.

When I confronted them with proof that the temperature was in the upper 80s in her room at night they finally got it fixed.

I had an additional thermometer to prove that the recording thermostat was accurate.

At first they told me that there was nothing they could do about the heat.)

Edited by mzloolue

Have been on many cruises and cabins have been cool and comfortable. The only ship we had a problem with our a/c was the Liberty this past May. It never got cool in our cabin. Couldn't sleep at night, we were actually sweating. They removed the vent cover and gave us a fan, which helped a little. The temperature in our room, according to CCL was in the mid 70's, which is within their acceptable guidelines. It felt much warmer to us. It was freezing in the hallway!

We were on the Dream in July and our aft cabin deck 8 was very warm. We would sweat getting ready for dinner and could not use blanket at bedtime. We have cruised several times and this was the first time we have had an issue with room temp. They worked on it 3 times with no success. Our cabin steward said it was also a problem the week before. We were given a discount on our next cruise booking. We didn't ask for it... They offered it. Our friends were in a deck 8 forward cabin and froze all week! They loved it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums