Like the new feature

loveJake

Glad to see that Princess now gives you the easy option to prepay your shore excursion on line. This is perfect, easy and the best of both worlds because it is optional to suit everyone.

Edited by loveJake

I also like it the way it has been, order, reserve space then after cruise pay. If you need to cancel no problem. If you don't want a large bill at the end of your cruise, just buy yourself OBC before you go.

I kind of wish they'd always make it prepay. I think a lot of people sign up for excursions with the thought that they might cancel since there's no hassle and that makes other go on the wait list. If we had to prepay people would think more about what they are signing up for rather than taking spots they don't really know they want to use.

Tom

Can you still reserve a spot without pre-paying? My next cruise isn't open for excursion reservations for quite a bit.

I would like to know the answer to this one also. I personally would like to pay at the end. I know what the excursion cost and will be prepared for the CC charge.:)

Can you still reserve a spot without pre-paying? My next cruise isn't open for excursion reservations for quite a bit.

Yes its still the way it has always been. Book the excursion and pay onboard when its added to your account.

Last night I just saw this pay now feature on my booking for the first time.

I would like to know the answer to this one also. I personally would like to pay at the end. I know what the excursion cost and will be prepared for the CC charge.:)

My original post said pay ahead or not, would not have posted if you had to prepay, I am all out of popcarn!

I'm glad some of you like it. As long as it's optional, then it benefits some and doesn't hurt those of us who don't want to use it.

In addition to the easy cancellation, my other main reason for not prepaying is the use of OBC onboard. As a military veteran and Carnival Corporation shareholder who always books with Future Cruise Deposit, I pay for many - if not all - of my excursions with OBC.

Princess's policy on paying for excursions onboard and their generous OBCs are some of the reasons why I keep returning to Princess.

Yes. I have an excursion booked and it says I can either pay in advance or wait and have it billed at the end of the cruise. I will most likely just gift myself more OBC to cover the excursion I have booked.

Edited by Thrak

Like others have posted, we often use OBC to pay for Princess excursions. I still want that ability in the future.
Absolutely. No way do I want to pre-pay. Like you, thats what I have OBC for.

Unlike several other lines, Princess allows you to combine OBC which can really add up: TA, promotion, FCC, shareholder, military, cruise credits, etc. It can really add up.

I am glad Princess did not remove the option of paying at the end of the cruise for tours. I know there are people who book and then cancel before the tour, creating a slight mess for those who may be wait listed, but for me the most irritating thing on some cruise lines is having to pay for tours before i cruise. It's like paying before I eat at a restaurant, or paying for my groceries before I go shopping.

I kind of wish they'd always make it prepay. I think a lot of people sign up for excursions with the thought that they might cancel since there's no hassle and that makes other go on the wait list. If we had to prepay people would think more about what they are signing up for rather than taking spots they don't really know they want to use.

Tom

Agree that some people do that. :(

Perhaps a deposit on the excursion may deter these people and that way people can prepay all of it, or pay the remainder at the end of the cruise using their OBC or Credit Card.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Agree that some people do that. :(

Perhaps a deposit on the excursion may deter these people and that way people can prepay all of it, or pay the remainder at the end of the cruise using their OBC or Credit Card.:D

Like! Good compromise.

Tom

On RCCL you must prepay for any excursions booked before the cruise. You must also prepay the auto-tip if you have their version of anytime dining.

Thus, two of the most common uses of OBC cannot be used on RCCL.

Of course you could wait to book the excursions until you get on board, but there would always be a chance the ones you want are sold out by then.

I kind of wish they'd always make it prepay. I think a lot of people sign up for excursions with the thought that they might cancel since there's no hassle and that makes other go on the wait list.

If you prepay and then cancel in order to book an alternate excursion you will then prepay for the new excursion before getting the refund for the cancelled one.

Depending when your credit card sends out statements, you may have to put out the cash for two excursions while waiting for the credit card to get a refund from Princess.

I like it the way it was, pay at the end. I understand there is now the option to prepay and hopefully this will not open a door that will have Princess follow several other cruise lines to ask for prepayment. Please keep it as it was Princess we like the benefit of paying at the end of our cruise.

I don't believe that many people per book then cancel I think it has the opposite effect we book, feel comfortable with our decision and then just enjoy our tours. Love the process.