Help with mascara

Cruiser-66

L'Oreal Voluminous- blackest black. Non-waterproof for me. I've used it for years. Every time I go to a department store for a makeover, they talk me into an expensive mascara and I always hate them! L'Oreal doesn't clump, isn't too expensive, and shows up well I think.

I have pretty long eyelashes, so most mascara shows up pretty well on me, but I have also used eyelash lengtheners. If you have short eyelashes, you might want to try them. The one I used to use really works--Li Lash. It's no longer available and so I'm trying another, Babe Lash, which I've heard also works. It takes a few weeks to see a difference.

No - we have only shared several CC threads and you were quite pleasant in your postings - I have only been on 2 X ships and I know you cruise mostly on X ... chat with you more later... Corkey Carol

First, thanks for the kind words:) I try to be nice.....there are so

may folks who take the other side:eek:....I guess because people are

behind a keyboard? Well, you are a moderator, so you know how folks

can be.......I choose to try the "helpful approach":D

And yes, I am a Celebrity cruiser.....going again in November!:)

Mascara is the one type of m/u that I won't buy in a department store--only because I wear contacts and adhere to the "3 month rule." I'm not brand loyal, but right now I'm liking Maybelline's Volume Express: The Falsies (the one in the hot pink tube).

Do you curl your lashes? When I put on mascara w/o curling my lashes, it looks OK, but if I curl first, it makes a HUGE difference. I'd try a good curler (Shu Uemura's always gets rave reviews) and see if that helps.

Mascara is the one type of m/u that I won't buy in a department store--only because I wear contacts and adhere to the "3 month rule." I'm not brand loyal, but right now I'm liking Maybelline's Volume Express: The Falsies (the one in the hot pink tube).

Do you curl your lashes? When I put on mascara w/o curling my lashes, it looks OK, but if I curl first, it makes a HUGE difference. I'd try a good curler (Shu Uemura's always gets rave reviews) and see if that helps.

Hi,:) are you asking me about curling? Nope, my lashes are long on their

own and to be honest, I have no desire to use a curler.:eek:.....it is not

something that appeals to me.

I have the same problem not to mention when I take off my glasses I can't see to apply mascara. LOL

What I do is right before a cruise I have my lashes dyed. It takes about 15 minutes costs about $20 and lasts for 30 days. I think it is the best thing since sliced bread. Now, my lashes always look good even right out of the pool or the gym.

I have never heard of eyelash dying, where is this type of service done? I have never seen it advertised at my salon and I go to a somewhat high end establishment.

First, thanks for the kind words:) I try to be nice.....there are so

may folks who take the other side:eek:....I guess because people are

behind a keyboard? Well, you are a moderator, so you know how folks

can be.......I choose to try the "helpful approach":D

And yes, I am a Celebrity cruiser.....going again in November!:)

My problem is Eye Brown pencil - I need to really fill in my eyebrows and pencils is what I use - now I see a lot of other stuff and the pencil brand I used to use is no longer available --

Lois - have fun in Nov - we will be in Honolulu tomorrow for a land trip- something we do once a yr for sure, twice a yr when we can -- then on an RCCL ship B2B Oct 5 and 12th-- the Quantum in April 2015, Ak in July -

east coast from Canada to Ft Laud in Oct 2015 and our biggee is our Australia one in 2016 --

perhaps we can get on another thread so I am not interrupting this flow of subject line here - Sorry folks - but I just got excited being able to connect with Lois - one of these days I plan to do more X cruises!!

Corkey Carol

My problem is Eye Brown pencil - I need to really fill in my eyebrows and pencils is what I use - now I see a lot of other stuff and the pencil brand I used to use is no longer available --

Lois - have fun in Nov - we will be in Honolulu tomorrow for a land trip- something we do once a yr for sure, twice a yr when we can -- then on an RCCL ship B2B Oct 5 and 12th-- the Quantum in April 2015, Ak in July -

east coast from Canada to Ft Laud in Oct 2015 and our biggee is our Australia one in 2016 --

perhaps we can get on another thread so I am not interrupting this flow of subject line here - Sorry folks - but I just got excited being able to connect with Lois - one of these days I plan to do more X cruises!!

Corkey Carol

Hi Carol, here is a link to a thread I chat on.....you are more than

welcome to come say hello:).....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/group.php?groupid=597

My holy grail for brown pencil is the Anastasia Brow Wiz. I cringed at the price, but I kept reading about how awesome it is and finally just did it. I couldn't believe the difference. It is the most natural amazing brow pencil I have ever used. It really is that good. Check out the overwhelming amount of 5 star reviews on this product on the Sephora Website (over 4000)

http://www.sephora.com/brow-wiz-P202633

Corkey Carol

Try the Brow Fantasy I mentioned above. Very different type and goes on / stays on beautifully.

My holy grail for brown pencil is the Anastasia Brow Wiz. I cringed at the price, but I kept reading about how awesome it is and finally just did it. I couldn't believe the difference. It is the most natural amazing brow pencil I have ever used. It really is that good. Check out the overwhelming amount of 5 star reviews on this product on the Sephora Website (over 4000)

http://www.sephora.com/brow-wiz-P202633

ITA! I don't know what I'd do without this eyebrow pencil. Perfect shade for my brows that I've never been able to find with any other line. So worth the $20.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by trixiegal

I've had a skin cancer removed on my eyebrow & the treatment eliminated the outside half of my eyebrow. I discovered the Anastasia brow pencil ($22 @ Ulta). It works pretty well for me, goes on easily, sharpens well. I tried all of the other brands before this. I had asked about the permanent tattoo, but was told I wasn't a good candidate for it 😢

Sent from my iPad using Forums

To the OP, if you are just looking for something for the cruise, may I suggest just getting false eyelashes? If you buy the kind with the applicator, it makes it way easier to put them on. They make them fairly short too so you won't look like a drag queen. I'm Asian and have very short lashes that point downward and are very sparse. I have tried ALL the brands. The cheapo green and pink tube to $40 Givency, Diorshow, you name it, I've tried it. None of them really worked. Yes I also have the Shu Uemura curler. I use mascara so infrequently that I just get falsies for $4 and wear them once or twice then toss them. It gets much easier to put on after a few times and way faster than putting on mascara, and no smearing! Make sure you use Duo adhesive though. Other brands aren't as good.

Edited by whataboutport

I have never heard of eyelash dying, where is this type of service done? I have never seen it advertised at my salon and I go to a somewhat high end establishment.

Just google permanent make up for your city and see what pops up. I go to a place called Lady Gwenevere here in Scottsdale. It is such a wonderful thing to get done, I don't know what I did before I discovered it. :D

I've never found a mascara that I've been loyal to. I've bought them all and end up tossing them after 3-6 months to try a new brand. I tend to go back to Maybelline Great Lash because I know it works okay but it's not a favorite. I do like the curved brushes, as well as various Rimmel mascaras. The big jumbo brushes are wonderful for my DD who has amazing long and luscious lashes. I think mascara are like shampoos and conditioners- works better and differently depending on length, thickness and texture of lashes.

This thread is giving me some good ideas to try out in the future!

I absolutely love the Miss Manga Mascara from L'Oréal Paris.

and the price is good too!

Just bought another tube for DD and I on sale at Walgreens yesterday. It's very dramatic but the brush is amazing!

Two thumbs up for this mascara

Thank You so much for your suggestions - all so helpful!! took me a while to acknowledge you all since we just got home from a land trip - our usual time in Hawaii - now I have til Fri to pack for a B2B on the Freedom of the Seas ! can't wait....

Corkey Carol

Just bought another tube for DD and I on sale at Walgreens yesterday. It's very dramatic but the brush is amazing!

Two thumbs up for this mascara

Had to try this mascara. I normally wear Estée Lauder Double Wear & love it; however, this Manga by Loreal is less than half the price & worked equally well (removed very well with makeup remover wipes as well). DD commented on it last night, unusual 😉 id recommend this (loved the brush)

Had to try this mascara. I normally wear Estée Lauder Double Wear & love it; however, this Manga by Loreal is less than half the price & worked equally well (removed very well with makeup remover wipes as well). DD commented on it last night, unusual 😉 id recommend this (loved the brush)

Are you positive it dose t flake or give you panda eye because I also wear the double wear and nothing compares!! But if loreal do a cheaper one but just as good I'm up for that

I have to agree with Younique 3D Fiberlash mascara - If you apply it correctly it will last all day..and is water resistant :) I have been swimming with it on and it stays put. Also unlike many mascaras mentioned in this post the company does not test on animals. In the photo it's only one coat - if I do 2 coats they would go to my eyebrows lol. Washes off at night with regular eye makeup remover or soap and water :)

The girl in the photo is me - I've been on the forums for awhile so I'm not here to spam :) If anyone is interested in more info please msg me! I would never be without this mascara on a cruise!

<a href=3dfiberlashjos.jpg' alt='3dfiberlashjos.

Edited by footballgirl_86