Rebel with FTTF

stnic_ca

We have FTTF on our next cruise...3 of us...7days...$50.00. That works out to $2.38 per person per day for all the perks AND I GET TO ANNOY PEOPLE TOO!! Best deal in the Carnival universe if you ask me!

:cool:

LOL. Nice breakdown. :thumbup:

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Thanks All!

This will be our second cruise EVER. We are definitely getting the bug. Already planning our next one for Thanksgiving/ Christmas time. We live in California and have a young child. We have decided to try to cruise twice a year. (One mini, and one 7+ day). After discovering the perks of FTTF, we're excited to enjoy those VIP (not to be confused with VIFP) benefits.

Thanks All!

This will be our second cruise EVER. We are definitely getting the bug. Already planning our next one for Thanksgiving/ Christmas time. We live in California and have a young child. We have decided to try to cruise twice a year. (One mini, and one 7+ day). After discovering the perks of FTTF, we're excited to enjoy those VIP (not to be confused with VIFP) benefits.

At that rate, you'll be Platinum before you know it and won't need the FTTF anymore.:D Welcome to the addiction.:cool: Happy cruising.:)

Enjoy it! Hold your head high as you pass those waiting for a tender, own it, you are somebody! Saunter up to the guest services desk, you dont need to run, you have your own line, and the best part, watching those schmucks toting around their luggage for three to four hours on embarkation day, while you can walk right into your cabin. Dont be upset at all, you have very smart wife.:):p

I can see why people get annoyed with some based on your comment that anyone who is toting around their carryon is a schmuck. I am glad the cruise line offers FTTF as they make extra money with no cost to the cruise line, so it keeps prices down for the rest of us. I don't mind getting on the ship 15min later and bringing my carry on up to the lido deck and sitting it on the floor next to me for a couple of hours.

I think all she said was cause your boarding is at 10pm so you pretty much all day to board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had FTTF on the Valor a year ago. The first departure that had it. They didn't have it worked out totally so we were actually the second family aboard the ship. That was cool. It WAS handy using the VIP/FTTF line at GS. Had to do that a few times and there was never anyone in that line. Also you can debark (is that the word?) very early, though we didn't. So, was it worth it? Probably not. Are we glad we did it? Yes.

So my wife purchased FTTF, and encouraged the rest of our party too as well. So then we started reading about all the backlash from other cruise passengers, who don't know about the program (or weren't as timely). As well as the Platinum and Diamond members. Is it wrong of me to look forward to passing up people and hobknobbing with the early embarkationERS? LOL. I mean it's only $50!

I can't wait until someone tells me off.

As a platinum, I don't mind that there is fttf. I get irritated with the port employees that don't follow what is suppose to happen (boarded after the diamonds, etc., Jacksonville, they boarded with the diamond, platinum and suite guests, and it was big CF. But heck, I was on vacation, and just kept moving, fttf are only 5 minutes behind, so not a biggie. I get what you mean by the looks, last year when we were in half moon cay, the looks we got by going to the front was REALLY funny. Purchase it! enjoy your cruise!

Last year we had FTTF for the first time. We had to go to Guest Services the first day (horrors) because of an account issue. The regular line was very, very long. But we walked straight up to the window at the VIP line, which was great.

A platinum PAX came up behind us and began to pitch a big, loud fit that we were in the wrong line, that this line was only for plat/diamond PAX (as she waved her card around). People were staring as I quietly explained we had purchased FTTF, and were allowed to use this line. The GS staff member was even trying to explain to her, but she wouldn't shut up long enough to listen.

Finally I put up my hand in the best "talk to the hand!" manner and tuned her out. Geez -- what a witch! :p

I personally do not think I would purchase FTTF, but whenever I *DO* purchase something that entitles me to certain benefits, I make use of those benefits with no qualms. I don't draw attention to myself over it, I just use what I have paid to use. If someone else has a problem, it is their problem alone. Enjoy your FTTF and don't worry if anyone "thinks" anything about it.

At that rate, you'll be Platinum before you know it and won't need the FTTF anymore.:D Welcome to the addiction.:cool: Happy cruising.:)

Thanks. Our goal is to get to Gold on Carnival. Then try the other cruise lines to travel North and other Central American ports.

Last year we had FTTF for the first time. We had to go to Guest Services the first day (horrors) because of an account issue. The regular line was very, very long. But we walked straight up to the window at the VIP line, which was great.

A platinum PAX came up behind us and began to pitch a big, loud fit that we were in the wrong line, that this line was only for plat/diamond PAX (as she waved her card around). People were staring as I quietly explained we had purchased FTTF, and were allowed to use this line. The GS staff member was even trying to explain to her, but she wouldn't shut up long enough to listen.

Finally I put up my hand in the best "talk to the hand!" manner and tuned her out. Geez -- what a witch! :p

Oh no! Not "talk to the hand"! LOL

What was it that tipped her off that you weren't Platinum/ Gold? Was she she studying your card our something?

Thanks. Our goal is to get to Gold on Carnival. Then try the other cruise lines to travel North and other Central American ports.

It's a LONG way between gold and platinum. The only thing extra gold gets you is a pin and some free drinks and appetizers at the past guest party.

I've used FTTF at least 3x. Never once have I had a confrontation that I can remember. It's nobody's business but carnivals what level you are. I also don't wear my card around my neck, so no one would know anyway. Some cruises it's more helpful than others, but I've never regretted it.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I had read your story on a post in some other thread and it's just such situations as this that led me to mention my "mild dread", and would embarrass me, even though I knew I was in the right.:o Just being the object of such an obnoxious scene would embarrass as well as anger me. I'm especially embarrassed when it is a woman (as is most often the case:rolleyes:) making the scene. Embarrassed for her, me, and all of us. Women like that aren't ladies. And I hate to think of them as representatives of our sex.:mad:

It's a LONG way between gold and platinum. The only thing extra gold gets you is a pin and some free drinks and appetizers at the past guest party.

Oh, I know this. 200pts, if which I will have 15 after my upcoming cruise. Gold is just an attainable goal before I explore other cruise lines. I live in L.A., so I'll always plan random getaway weekend to Mexico.

Good plan - there are a lot of better cruise lines out there.;)

So my wife purchased FTTF, and encouraged the rest of our party too as well. So then we started reading about all the backlash from other cruise passengers, who don't know about the program (or weren't as timely). As well as the Platinum and Diamond members. Is it wrong of me to look forward to passing up people and hobknobbing with the early embarkationERS? LOL. I mean it's only $50!

Nope, I bought it on my first CCL cruise last year and will buy it if possible on my next one in 2016.

I think all she said was cause your boarding is at 10pm so you pretty much all day to board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If that's her reason, I see where she's coming from, but from experience I strongly disagree. I've sailed from SJU twice, once with priority and once without. The time I didn't have it, it was nearly a 2hr process to board. Would have paid good money to have skipped some of those lines! Sadly, it was before FTTF. Reality is that most people still arrive either super early or mid-afternoon, so crowding definitely still occurs if you plan to go at those times.

Thinking about doing the Pacific NCL from Vancouver. My wife has never been to San Francisco, and I've always wanted to go to Canada.

Nice choice. I would recommend a stop in Victoria, B.C. Beautiful city with so much to offer.:)

As other have said, until I become platinum I will buy FTTF every time! Now I book it as soon as I book the cruise. I travel solo and appreciate the opportunity to drop off my bags instead of trying to juggle them and my lunch tray. And we won't even get into the plantar faciitis! :D

I have never encountered a negative attitute about it other than in these boards. Some Diamond/platinum people thought it gave people the right to pass THEM up, it doesn't. And they benefit from it as well, before FTTF I heard there was no early entry into the cabins.

NOT even worth $50 IMO

Did it once and wont ever again

Oh, I know this. 200pts, if which I will have 15 after my upcoming cruise. Gold is just an attainable goal before I explore other cruise lines. I live in L.A., so I'll always plan random getaway weekend to Mexico.

We are equal opportunity cruisers. We like NCL, CCL and did our first RCI this past Feb. We'll cruise wherever the ports and ships are that we are interested in. We don't really care what level we are. On CCL we'll buy FTTF on NCL we book suites and I have to say on our RCI cruise we literally walked into the port and onto the ship.