Self Assisting off the ship

lexave

Would I make it for a 8:25am flight out of Fort Lauderdale if I self assist off the Allure?

We always self assist off the ship. In August, we got off of the Oasis and we were waiting for our ride by 7:23. We left our room 7:05am.

Can we get off earlier? One of the attendants told me people start getting off of the ship at 6:30. Can anyone confirm?

Are there cabs waiting?

Thank you!

Would I make it for a 8:25am flight out of Fort Lauderdale if I self assist off the Allure?

We always self assist off the ship. In August, we got off of the Oasis and we were waiting for our ride by 7:23. We left our room 7:05am.

Can we get off earlier? One of the attendants told me people start getting off of the ship at 6:30. Can anyone confirm?

Are there cabs waiting?

Thank you!

I am one who always says no problem making an early flight, 9:30 or later. 8:25 could be pushing it. I would book a later flight. If you were there early enough you could see if you could switch to that flight, but I would not book that early.

We booked a 9:40 flight at FLL, did self walk off and were at the airport by 7:50... However, the line to get thru security took us an hour to get thru. Just something to think about! Between the security line, customs line etc I wouldn't risk that early.

We booked a 9:40 flight at FLL, did self walk off and were at the airport by 7:50... However, the line to get thru security took us an hour to get thru. Just something to think about! Between the security line, customs line etc I wouldn't risk that early.

Thanks for all of the quick responses!

LuvWilliam...do you remember what time you left the ship?

I didn't think about FLL security lines. :rolleyes:

You can make it if you have no unforseen hold ups.Taxi ride is ten minutes to airport.I would say you have a 95 percent chance on making it but the 5percent is going to cause alot of stress that morning that noone needs.

Would I make it for a 8:25am flight out of Fort Lauderdale if I self assist off the Allure?..........Are there cabs waiting?

Thank you!

Only if all of the following limiting factors are in your favour:

The ship docks in time

Customs clearance is swift

No one else looking to be first off

Short lines at security in port

Short lines at airport

Yes, there are cabs but you wait in line so that is another limiting factor!

Personally, I would take the advice others have offered.....

We've done that early flight several times with no issues (will do it again in December) - as others said - back up plan in place. We move FAST getting off the ship & thru the airport. Be SURE to print off boarding passes the day prior and be in line to disembark by 0600.

If you area a seasoned traveler you have a better chance because you are more accustomed to all the nuisances (i.e. going thru security check, baggage check, hustling thru lines).

Good luck!

I am probably going to be the opposite of most of the comments, but...

Would I make it for a 8:25am flight out of Fort Lauderdale if I self assist off the Allure?!

Probably, but there be risks.

The latest I have ever been inside the terminal at the gate is 7:40, and once I was sitting at my gate posting back to CC at 7am after an Oasis cruise (and, of course, the flight was delayed 2 hours).

The vast majority of the time, these ships will start disembarking between 6:15 and 6:45, making it very easy to get to the airport and have bags checked in by 7:40 even if you were at the end of the self-assist group.

However, if there were a significant delay in returning to port or clearing customs, you could well miss either the minimum baggage check-in or the flight. So if you choose this option, make sure you have a backup plan.

Pretty much an echo here, but in our experience corroborated by other CCers' reports, Allure/Oasis disembark is almost always fast and painless, but getting through FLL security is almost always slow and painful! Unless you are TSA Pre-Check or you have airline status insuring you can standby and take the next available flight for no added fare (bearing in mind that FLL departing flights are generally full, so you may be in for a wait!), the flight you are looking at is risky, and I am a pretty hard core risk tolerant traveler!

Have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app