Champagne Fountain for Private Party ?

GreenValleyDogWalker

Has anyone every heard of - or experienced - Princess offering to provide (for a cost, I am sure !) a Champagne Fountain for a Private Party ?

(We are having a 50-Year High-School Reunion on-board and are just wondering about that possibility)

Any information would be great !

THANKS

Try asking if there is a scaled down version? If that's possible, ask for an upgrade to drinkable champagne.

:D

Oh yes, obviously, we would be asking for a "scaled down" version - good idea to ask for an upgrade in the champagne ! -

So - I guess nobody has every heard of it being done before ?

I'm sure for the right price it is totally possible, especially if you are asking for it to be scaled down.
Princess has a list of group/party options and I doubt they would deviate.

The best thing to do is to contact the rep for the ship and get the most recent list and prices. I have a list of the reps but I don't think it's current. Perhaps someone has a more recent one.

Edited by Pam in CA

My list is from March and shows Jan James 661 284 4452 jjames@princesscruises.com as the coordinator for the Golden. I think that is what OP is on.

Yes - thanks to everyone for the responses - I have been in contact with Jan James - just wondering if anyone knew of a precedent that had been set with a prior group.

Yes - thanks to everyone for the responses - I have been in contact with Jan James - just wondering if anyone knew of a precedent that had been set with a prior group.

I don't think anyone has heard of it. If, for some reason, I very much doubt, they do it for you, be prepared for a very hefty price tag... time for people to set up, champagne, etc., you could be looking at $1,000 to $5,000...

Based on what? Have you done it before?

Not personally but a friend did for a business group, they were business people who put work his way about 50 couples, from memory he told me it cost about three times what he would have paid just for the Champagne. :eek:

It was on the Pacific Princess.

Edited by GUT2407

Not personally but a friend did for a business group, they were business people who put work his way about 50 couples, from memory he told me it cost about three times what he would have paid just for the Champagne. :eek:

It was on the Pacific Princess.

That makes sense on one of the smaller ships.

Using champagne glasses that the staff will supply and buying nice champagne, you could definitely set it up yourself..a smaller version. Use volunteers from your class reunion.. Could be a fun afternoon activity.. I've set them up for parties before..and it's really not that difficult. Just have to make sure each glass is centered where it's supposed to be.. Pour from the top.. serve from the top.. :D Have fun Plastic glasses won't work well..they are not heavy enough..

Given that everyone is already paying for their fares for the cruise, I would imagine that people would rather have something a little less pricey (unless you're going to foot the bill for a waterfall, there's bound to be some who don't want to share in the costs, especially given the poor quality of the champagne).

Is this something you've discuss with the others in your group?

Using champagne glasses that the staff will supply and buying nice champagne, you could definitely set it up yourself..a smaller version. Use volunteers from your class reunion.. Could be a fun afternoon activity.. I've set them up for parties before..and it's really not that difficult. Just have to make sure each glass is centered where it's supposed to be.. Pour from the top.. serve from the top.. :D Have fun Plastic glasses won't work well..they are not heavy enough..

I doubt they will allow passengers to set up glasses. :(

Edited by Colo Cruiser