Hotel Close to Port Everglades for Cruise

mellon1

I was going to book the Embassy for our cruise leaving end of January and they are booked full. Any good, CLEAN, hotels, ones that have a safe and are in an area which has Publix/Walgreens/CVS type store to pick up items we will need for toiletries? Also an area safe to walk around. Thanks so much.

You could try the Marriott Renaissance on 17th. If they are not available, try the Sleep Inn Dania. They have a free airport shuttle and provide a shuttle to the port. There is a Walgreens on the other side of their parking lot and shopping center with Publix, a good Italian and good Mexican restaurant across the street. Very, very convenient. Haven't stayed at the Sleep Inn in a few years, but friends still do and are pleased with it.

I was going to book the Embassy for our cruise leaving end of January and they are booked full. Any good, CLEAN, hotels, ones that have a safe and are in an area which has Publix/Walgreens/CVS type store to pick up items we will need for toiletries? Also an area safe to walk around. Thanks so much.

Best Western Plus on 1221 W State Road clean but, a bit worn, good service, reasonable rates, Grocery Store next door in shopping center, free breakfast, very close to Port and Airport, has Grill Pub next door and fast food joints. Good for a night.

Enjoy cruise.

You could try the Marriott Renaissance on 17th. If they are not available, try the Sleep Inn Dania. They have a free airport shuttle and provide a shuttle to the port. There is a Walgreens on the other side of their parking lot and shopping center with Publix, a good Italian and good Mexican restaurant across the street. Very, very convenient. Haven't stayed at the Sleep Inn in a few years, but friends still do and are pleased with it.

Thanks, I will check them out.

Best Western Plus on 1221 W State Road clean but, a bit worn, good service, reasonable rates, Grocery Store next door in shopping center, free breakfast, very close to Port and Airport, has Grill Pub next door and fast food joints. Good for a night.

Enjoy cruise.

How close to the port is this hotel?

Try one of the online hotel booking sights. There are a number of nice ones on 17th Street.

Thanks...I'm not familiar with the area, my husband is more than me, buy unfortunately, I have to plan the trip!! I pulled stuff on line and soooo many come up and it is confusing. Really looking for a safe, clean and nice place to stay for one night that we can walk around and feel safe.

Hyatt Place North (Hyatt Place Convention Center) is right near a CVS, Bank of America, supermarket and Total Wine. Breakfast is included. Same for Embassy Suites which is about a block away.

The Renaissance is closest to the port but not that far away from Hyatt Place and Embassy Suites. It's much further from CVS and doesn't include breakfast.

Hyatt Place North (Hyatt Place Convention Center) is right near a CVS, Bank of America, supermarket and Total Wine. Breakfast is included. Same for Embassy Suites which is about a block away.

The Renaissance is closest to the port but not that far away from Hyatt Place and Embassy Suites. It's much further from CVS and doesn't include breakfast.

Thank you. So Hyatt is about a block away from Embassy then right?

Thank you. So Hyatt is about a block away from Embassy then right?

We just booked this hotel for January using valuetrips dot com. The price we got using them was W-A-Y less than the hotel site costs. They have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel also. We are pleased.

Edited by whatcruiseisnext

Another vote for the Marriott Renaissance on 17th. Right across from a Walgreens and walking distance to several restaurants. The piers begin just a short distance away, but the main entrance is "down aways".

We also book the Hyatt Place thru valuetrips. Nice hotel for one night. They have a quick breakfast but no longer have a free shuttle to the port, they charge $8 a person I believe. You can tale a cab for a little less and not have to wait for the shuttle to fill up. I don't recall a CVS in area though.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Yes, there's a CVS a couple of blocks away. It's about a 5-minute walk from the Hyatt. I know that for a fact since we stayed at the Hyatt for a month four years ago while my brother-in-law was in the ICU at Dade County. I transferred my prescriptions to the CVS since I hadn't expected to be away that long.

We just booked this hotel for January using valuetrips dot com. The price we got using them was W-A-Y less than the hotel site costs. They have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel also. We are pleased.

I looked on valuetrips.com and didn't see January 2015 rates. I felt uncomfortable putting my charge information without knowing what the rate was going to be. How does this work? When I check Hyatt's own site it said it was not available yet or full already. Thanks.

Pam, does the Hyatt have an in-room safe? Also our flight is in at 10:00 a.m., any chance of early check in?

I looked on valuetrips.com and didn't see January 2015 rates. I felt uncomfortable putting my charge information without knowing what the rate was going to be. How does this work? When I check Hyatt's own site it said it was not available yet or full already. Thanks.

Pam, does the Hyatt have an in-room safe? Also our flight is in at 10:00 a.m., any chance of early check in?

The Hyatt fills up fast as you can see, its not a huge hotel. The cruiselines use it for their pre/post cruise packages.

Yes they do have safes.

Try calling the hotel directly, I have found that sometimes they have rooms when the site says no. ;)

One place I would not stay is the Comfort Inn on Federal Highway, it was nasty and we left and went to the Hyatt. JMHO.

Edited by Colo Cruiser