Luggage scale

lexusgirl12

Luggage scales are identical to the fish scales sold in Walmart for around $6.87, only the face is a slightly different color. They weigh up to 50 lbs, so I figure if I can raise it up and the marker doesn't go past the 50 mark, I'm good.

You can also buy digital scales for around $20 in the luggage supply area, but then you have keep the batteries fresh (unless you cruise & fly often!)

The $15 one we got at Brookstone has two hands - the red one gets pushed around by the black one and stays at the given weight, so you do not have to look at it while lifting; then you re-set it to zero manually.

Mine does that, too. It makes it a lot less awkward to use. I used to have to juggle around in front of a mirror to try and read the old one while I was lifting. :eek:

We have a very good luggage scale (all digital and very accurate) and it has paid for itself many times as we will often pack within a pound of the limit and never worry about going over. Most of the good accurate electronic scales sell for about $20 which is about double the price of some of the really cheap scales. Keep in mind that if it saves you from having to pay an airline fee on just one bag...you have more then paid for the scale.

Hank