Latest news on carnival vista

cruisingbluewaters

Dont know if this site has any inside info or not. But the outline they have for vista looks a lot like mille project.

http://www.cruise-ships.com/carnival-cruise-lines/under-construction/carnival-vista/

It does, but my gut tells me that we might be reaching on that....lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have they ever home ported a new ship anywhere other than Miami?

Never, ever. Every new build for every cruise line is always homeported in Miami, even the recent launches of the Carnival Magic and Quantum of the Seas.

Edited by Baymax

Never, ever. Every new build for every cruise line is always homeported in Miami, even the recent launches of the Carnival Magic and Quantum of the Seas.

That is what I thought too. Seems that they go to Miami first and then disburse to other ports later, but I don't know that for certain.

That is what I thought too. Seems that they go to Miami first and then disburse to other ports later, but I don't know that for certain.

That's absolutely correct. The Quantum of the Seas is spending the next few years in Miami and the Carnival Magic recently repositioned to Galveston after spending a few years in Miami.

;)

Quantum's homeport is Bayonne, NJ. That's where her maiden voyage was from. And she'll be until the Spring 2015 when they move her overseas. When did she sail out of Miami?

I see you didn't reference the included emoticon...

Have they ever home ported a new ship anywhere other than Miami?

Carnival for the most part has home ported new ships in Miami. The most recent exceptions are the Sunshine (I know there will be others who say she is not new, but for discussion purposes Carnival says she is so I will use their reference) which was originally home ported in New Orleans and then 5 months (or so) later moved to Port Canaveral, The Magic which came directly over to Galveston, and the Splendor which was the first new ship of any cruise line which was home ported on the west coast (Long Beach). I am sticking with my original comments of Vista going to either Galveston or New Orleans when she comes over.

Carnival for the most part has home ported new ships in Miami. The most recent exceptions are the Sunshine (I know there will be others who say she is not new, but for discussion purposes Carnival says she is so I will use their reference) which was originally home ported in New Orleans and then 5 months (or so) later moved to Port Canaveral, The Magic which came directly over to Galveston, and the Splendor which was the first new ship of any cruise line which was home ported on the west coast (Long Beach). I am sticking with my original comments of Vista going to either Galveston or New Orleans when she comes over.

What about the ships built at the shipyards in Singapore?

Edited by Baymax

What about the ships built at the shipyards in Singapore?
Don't think they will have a red funnel on them, but we will see.

I'm sorry Jimbo, but I believe you said the Splendor was the first ship of any cruise line homeported on the West Coast, including Long Beach. I'm unsure why you think a newbuild would need to have Carnival's iconic red funnel to be a supporting element of your statement.

For example, let's review the Diamond Princess' experience in Japan:

• Diamond Princess is the first ship operated by Princess Cruises to be built by a Japanese company. She was built by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, subsidiary of the giant Japanese corporation Mitsubishi. Unlike other Princess cruisers, Diamond was built with no spoilers across the rare.
  • Princess Cruises Diamond ship construction was ready in 2004. Godmother of the vessel was Yoshiko Tsukuda, wife of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries president. The ceremony took place in March 2004. The ship set sail on her maiden voyage on the 13th of March, 2004, from Los Angeles to Mexico. Fun fact is, that the vessel’s hull was first named “Sapphire Princess”, but fire damaged the decks of another vessel under construction that was already named “Diamond Princess”. Therefore, Sapphire was renamed to Diamond, and thus Diamond was completed on time.

Source

Edited by Baymax

I'm sorry Jimbo, but I believe you said the Splendor was the first ship of any cruise line homeported on the West Coast, including Long Beach. I'm unsure why you think a newbuild would need to have Carnival's iconic red funnel to be a supporting element of your statement.

For example, let's review the Diamond Princess' experience in Japan:

• Diamond Princess is the first ship operated by Princess Cruises to be built by a Japanese company. She was built by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, subsidiary of the giant Japanese corporation Mitsubishi. Unlike other Princess cruisers, Diamond was built with no spoilers across the rare.
  • Princess Cruises Diamond ship construction was ready in 2004. Godmother of the vessel was Yoshiko Tsukuda, wife of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries president. The ceremony took place in March 2004. The ship set sail on her maiden voyage on the 13th of March, 2004, from Los Angeles to Mexico. Fun fact is, that the vessel’s hull was first named “Sapphire Princess”, but fire damaged the decks of another vessel under construction that was already named “Diamond Princess”. Therefore, Sapphire was renamed to Diamond, and thus Diamond was completed on time.

Source

My second comment was regarding Carnival specifically. Stand corrected on the rest.

I could say the first built in Europe (which it was.....) But that was not what I meant.

Edited by jimbo5544

• 2 weeks later...

It would seem counter-intuitive to send the newest ship in the line anywhere but the highest traffic port. I would wager she will be home ported in Miami after spending the summer season in the Mediterranean.

The Sunshine, while re-fitted, is an older smaller ship - key on smaller. They are going to want to get their moneys worth out of the Vista right out of the gate. Winter and Florida go hand in hand in vacation speak.

We can all speculate until the cows come home but we should find out CCL's plans fairly soon!

It would seem counter-intuitive to send the newest ship in the line anywhere but the highest traffic port. I would wager she will be home ported in Miami after spending the summer season in the Mediterranean.

The Sunshine, while re-fitted, is an older smaller ship - key on smaller. They are going to want to get their moneys worth out of the Vista right out of the gate. Winter and Florida go hand in hand in vacation speak.

We can all speculate until the cows come home but we should find out CCL's plans fairly soon!

Not all new builds went to Florida. Destiny to ny, conquest to New Orleans, magic to Galveston, but all a guessing game for us.