Mini-suite Bathroom Question

Cabunit

Our son-in-law is very tall. Can anyone tell me how much headroom there is in the tub/shower in a mini-suite? As I recall the bathroom floor is higher that the cabin floor and the tub is still higher than this.

We are specifically interested in the Crown Princess, but we suspect they are all very similar.

Thanks in advance!

If you are really concerned about headroom, you can book any of the following minis...

Caribbean D732-733

Diamond D736-737

Golden D732-733

Grand D732-733

Sapphire D736-737

Star D732-733

These were originally intended as handicap cabins. No tub, but an enormous bathroom with ceilings as tall as the cabin area AND the balcony is also huge (one of the biggest on the ship).

If you would like to see pictures, here is a link:http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1959727

Thanks for all the helpful information!

We know that he will have to duck to get under the shower head, as I have to and I'm just shy of 6' 1".

If anyone is onboard with a tape measure, a ruler or a tall person I'd still love an actual measurement.

Being tall has advantages and of course disadvantages - but the one thing we learn early is how to cope with showers, ceilings, shorter beds and low doorways.

I am tall and we are Elite - the only issue I have ever had with cruising was the one time we stayed in a balcony room where the shower was small - it doesn't give you the opportunity to back away from the shower head. We always stay in minis now to avoid this issue. My guess is he won't have a problem and if there is one, it will be no different than at home or while staying in a hotel.

Tell him to have fun and enjoy himself.

Is there a grab bar to hold on to when stepping in or out of the tub in a mini?

Being elderly has it's disadvantages when stepping over the side of the tub.

Not that I recall..at least on the Princess ships we've sailed.. My husband is 6'6 and has learned to adjust..you have to, if you are tall.. The shower head in the mini-suite is low .. so my suggestion to him was…book a full suite! :D That happens occasionally now and those showers are wonderful. Too bad we can't do it all of the time..:( We did have a handicapped Outside Cabin once and that shower was magnificent! Handheld shower, large area, handrails everywhere and even a fold-down stool.. The best shower ever!!!

Is there a grab bar to hold on to when stepping in or out of the tub in a mini?

Being elderly has it's disadvantages when stepping over the side of the tub.

The only grab bar I remember was on the inside wall closer to the front of the tub. We just hold on to the towel bar when getting out of the tub. You would think they would put a grab bar at the back of the tub to hold on to when you get out but I don't remember one. Maybe they have them on the newer ships.