Cruise Disappears

mcrcruiser

We booked a Sept 4 ,2015 Alaska 14 night cruise round trip from San Francisco on Infiniti. Foe well over a week the cruise no longer appears on Celebrity web site:o . Many on our roll call phoned Celebrity & can get no answers only that there is some kind of inventory going on :confused:

One of our fellow cruise critic members posted that Celebrity did this once before to them & for months did not tell them that the ship was going into dry dock & messed up their vacation plans

Does Celebrity care about their customers & at least put a note on the web site what they are doing ??

It could be just a glitch and be nothing to be concerned about. A couple of other sailings have had the same thing happen for a few days but then returned to inventory.

It could be a dry dock, since it would be the last AK cruise of the season. The sailing before, from Vancouver to SFO is still scheduled, as well as the one after, a Canal cruise. The other possibility is a charter.

You will not see anything on the website. You will just need to continue to bug them for information (and not make any other air/hotel/etc reservations) until it is resolved.

We were impacted by the same type of thing - the cruise was gone from inventory for more than 4 months before we got confirmation that the ship was going in to dry dock (14 nt Hawaii on the Constellation). CC Members calling Celebrity were given the 'inventory being updated' line for months!:rolleyes:

By the time they gave us options to re-book there was limited inventory on the options they gave us. Due to vacation schedule we had to pick a sailing that was not on their 'no change in fare' list and downgrade from a CS to an SS. We did get some OBC for our troubles.

Don't book your flight yet...

I just got off the phone with Celebrity's group booking office(I have transferred this cruise to a travel agent) the very nice lady there said "The Sept 04,2015 Infinity cruise is closed" and that is why it doesn't show. When I asked, what does that mean? She said "it is sold out".

I then asked the obvious question, why doesn't Celebrity show that on their web site? She said she and others have been suggesting that for years.

Also, asked about the April 11, 2015 Reflection TA, she said " Hum, strange I'll have to issue a IT ticket on that one, because she showed nothing"

Add these answers to all the other answers people have been given and pick one, who the hell knows?

I just got off the phone with Celebrity's group booking office(I have transferred this cruise to a travel agent) the very nice lady there said "The Sept 04,2015 Infinity cruise is closed" and that is why it doesn't show. When I asked, what does that mean? She said "it is sold out".

I then asked the obvious question, why doesn't Celebrity show that on their web site? She said she and others have been suggesting that for years.

Also, asked about the April 11, 2015 Reflection TA, she said " Hum, strange I'll have to issue a IT ticket on that one, because she showed nothing"

Add these answers to all the other answers people have been given and pick one, who the hell knows?

That's interesting. I just checked the three on line travel agencies that I use and the all show availability in the following categories: 12 (inside), 8 (ocean view), 2C (balcony), and C3 (concierage). They show individual rooms, not guarantees.

That's interesting. I just checked the three on line travel agencies that I use and the all show availability in the following categories: 12 (inside), 8 (ocean view), 2C (balcony), and C3 (concierage). They show individual rooms, not guarantees.

Please tell me which cruise is showing online, thanks.

Hmmm X is not trustworthy on land . Some thing really smells fishy about this cruise .TAs showing cabin availability for the 14 night Alaska cruise & X saying it is sold out . Now you see it now you don't :D:D:DLMAO

I was curious about this so I checked on a couple of UK cruise websites. It's being marketed as 'Golden Gate Alaska', but both sites are not showing any prices, they are asking people to call for a price. Seems a bit odd so far in advance.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the ship has been chartered! You won't get a straight answer out of Celebrity until the official announcement so calling them will do no good. It's going to be used as a floating hotel for something. It won't be chartered for the whole time, so I think they are going to come up with some coastal cruise out of SF for the remaining days. I can't divulge the source of this information so feel free to treat this information as a rumor. FYI, the dry dock is scheduled for October 15, 2015 for 14 days.

Okay, this part I'm just theorizing myself, but the huge DreamForce 2015 (SalesForce.com) conference is being held Sep 15 - Sep 18 next year in SF (46,000 attendees). Maybe they are planning on using the ship as a floating hotel for that huge event? That's one use. Again, it's been chartered for something over that 2 week span.

I am sorry for those who booked this cruise originally that it appears it may be cancelled. But i am hoping there ends up being a nice coastal cruise. Not enough of those anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Princess has them. I really wanted to go to Sitka again since X deleted it on this year's cruise. And it's been many years since we've been to Haines. It will be what it will be, despite my wishes.:(

Princess has them. I really wanted to go to Sitka again since X deleted it on this year's cruise. And it's been many years since we've been to Haines. It will be what it will be, despite my wishes.:(

Nancy perhaps X will compensate us in some way for the inconvenience .;) BTW , if in fact the ship has been chartered then X must refund us our monies asap for legal reasons .

We also have trip insurance on this cruise .As you are aware that to include pre existing conditions waiver one must have insurance within 2 weeks of booking a trip

Okay, this part I'm just theorizing myself, but the huge DreamForce 2015 (SalesForce.com) conference is being held Sep 15 - Sep 18 next year in SF (46,000 attendees). Maybe they are planning on using the ship as a floating hotel for that huge event? That's one use. Again, it's been chartered for something over that 2 week span.

Hmmm as I said before that X is not trust worthy on land .They are not a upfront company & this can be evidence of how customers are treated when it benefits their bottom line:(:eek:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the ship has been chartered! You won't get a straight answer out of Celebrity until the official announcement so calling them will do no good. It's going to be used as a floating hotel for something. It won't be chartered for the whole time, so I think they are going to come up with some coastal cruise out of SF for the remaining days. I can't divulge the source of this information so feel free to treat this information as a rumor. FYI, the dry dock is scheduled for October 15, 2015 for 14 days.

Would appreciate if you could use your source and find out the real reason why the April 11, 2015 Reflection TA also has disappeared from all websites almost two weeks ago, thanks.

Would appreciate if you could use your source and find out the real reason why the April 11, 2015 Reflection TA also has disappeared from all websites almost two weeks ago, thanks.

Checked the UK websites and like the Alaskan cruise there are no prices, just asking people to call the agent.