The Explorer in the Pacific.

drron29

Well alpius if you were indeed on this voyage I beg to differ.The food was of a high standard.but possibly because we are friendly towards the staff we got the best plates.

Sorry for the wait but I was travelling home.12 hours after arriving home I was off to Townsville to work.

Malo island in the Solomons and Loh island in Vanuatu are now loaded-

http://www.australianfrequentflyer.com.au/community/trip-reports-and-trip-photos/fiji-long-way-our-last-62529-8.html

Have to agree with dr. Ron regarding food. At least on the first segment, it was consistently excellent. And a good variety. My only complaint would be lack of variety for salads at the buffet at lunch. Exactly the same every day. They could change it up a bit.

Ron, it was a pleasure to read your posts. Bill and I are just back from an Athens to Mumbai on the Seabourn Odyssey, so have been able to read your tale in one. Well done to you and Ann and the other medicos - what a brilliant thing to do. Hope you are both well and happy. P and B xx

Hopefully we can meet up with you and Bill again Pat.Good to hear you enjoyed your trip.

The report has now been finished-

http://www.australianfrequentflyer.com.au/community/trip-reports-and-trip-photos/fiji-long-way-our-last-62529-9.html#post1144022

I will just quote the criticisms I had on this cruise-

We definitely feel 30 days is our limit for a cruise,maybe even a couple of days less.Enjoyed the cocktail party but the dinner was a let down.As usual we asked the restaurant manager if we could share a table.As usual he sent us to a table of 4 saying he would get another "pleasant" couple to dine with us.As usual we ended up dining alone.It became a point of complaint to the Hotel Director.

It was another rough night and once again little sleep.At dinner it was announced that due to the conditions we would be 2 hours late arriving into Lautoka.We emailed our transport putting back our pick up 2 hours.At breakfast though it was announced that we had made up that time and would be on time.Of course this was now after we had to vacate our room.Phoned our contact and could only get message bank so had to hope everything was OK.

However something upset me a lot.We learnt from other passengers that Dr.Joel was having a major problem.Basically he was a late replacement.He agreed to fill in as long as his wife and child could join him in Lautoka.he believed that had been agreed to.however he was told that was now impossible.he therefore said he would need to leave in Lautoka to be with his family.Then told he would therefore have to pay his airfare home as well as the airfare for his replacement so that effectively he would not be paid for his time served.In view of the good publicity he got by organising the Medical clinics I feel this was bad form by Silverseas.

I still haven't worked out a new way to post pictures.I have gone back to old Picassa but no success.I will keep trying.our next cruise is a river cruise in Myanmar next month.next Silverseas cruise is not until june next year.

• 3 weeks later...
I have really enjoyed this trip with you, just as much as all the others. I will anxiously await reports of the river cruise in Myanmar. It is very high on my lit for 2016. Be well, both of you.

Thanks Duct tape, We leave this coming Friday for the next trip, few days in Thailand before heading to Myanmar. And then a week in Singapore shopping before home. I will email you the links to Rons trip report - it will probably be in late January as everyone says the internet in Burma is flakey at best ! Have a good Christmas. Ann

• 2 weeks later...

WELL I have been studying my technology and Mr Google has finally let me back into my You Tube account so I think I might have videos of Tuam Island and Tufi village here-

[YOUTUBE]8ohdvb4rkxY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]tyzmGKYJcMg[/YOUTUBE]

So the last of the videos from Port Resolution on Tanna,Vanuatu.

You will certainly notice I am no cameraman.

[YOUTUBE]rwxT3f6-hOQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]pxLBUOAVTY8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]4JRn_4g3imY[/YOUTUBE]