Epic going away? say it isn't so.

motleyfan

... We didn't get to experience the bathrooms that everyone complained about because we were in the Haven. But, I really don't see how a room that you spend so little time in could be a deal breaker ....

Since you spend so little time in the room, not sure why one would not just book an inside in the first place?

Not a slam, just that the argument struck me rather funny this morning. Sort of like - "We do not mind the MDR at all. But, we always eat in the speciality restaurants anyways..."

The easiest way to get around it is to just Turn off Signatures in your User CP under Edit Options >>Thread Display Options. That way, what others show in their signatures won't impact your posts/threads.

Some people have the most obnoxious signatures (nobody here of course). Do they really think everybody wants to see all that stuff?

Another option, which I have done with a few posters is to just block the poster all together.

Some people have the most obnoxious signatures (nobody here of course). Do they really think everybody wants to see all that stuff?

Another option, which I have done with a few posters is to just block the poster all together.

Yes, done that too sometimes. Unfortunately, someone always seems to quote them :eek: so.... no sigs, no problems.

Since you spend so little time in the room, not sure why one would not just book an inside in the first place?

Not a slam, just that the argument struck me rather funny this morning. Sort of like - "We do not mind the MDR at all. But, we always eat in the speciality restaurants anyways..."

I suspect the PP was talking about the bathroom as the room one spends so little time in.

. ... We are two people who are having issues with waliking but not yet in need of walking sticks or those scooters. We would have to choose our cabin very carefully to minimise the amount of walking per day as it gets pretty painful in the evenings after a day of wa\lking the ship or being on shore.

My husband also has trouble walking. So we always choose a cabin near a midship elevator. Easy to get to dining in aft or to entertainment in bow.

We also do not cruise on the new huge ships but on older smaller ones so that walking is shortened.

mypleasure

Please go into your signature and insert a space line between the first 2 and the next 2 countdown clocks.

Because all your 4 countdown clocks are shown as one continuous line, causing us having to scroll lengthwise when reading people's posts in the threads you post to.

Thanks.

There is an option for you to turn all signatures off. If you really want to see the sig, just click on the poster's name.

We love the Epic and are very happy it will be close to us on a more regular basis. Trying to talk Mr C into booking the Barcelona to Southamptom trip! However, I would be very happy if they lost the BMG somewhere on it's final TA :D

I will be sad about the Spirit and the Jade going - we love the Spirit too and wanted to try the Jade. I think we will have to look a bit further ahead and see what's happening. I hope they don't just have one ship doing the same route over and over in the winter season when they used to have two doing (slightly) varying routes/dates.

Really? The blue man group is awesome though I liked Cirque better.

Sent from my C6522N using Forums mobile app

I was referring to the amount of time spent in the latrine (synonymous phrase: on the toilet). It was not a humblebrag. I was simply stating that the bathroom configurations in the Haven were standard and not split apart as they are in the rest of the ship.

Edited by cruisecritiquer

Why do you think the cabin bathrooms are more acceptable to Europeans? I hate those bathrooms. And the lack of a centre stairwell on such a large vessel.

I do agree when you say you like what it offers but not the ship. I was discussing this with my sister recently. We sail Spirit again this winter but the following year we have to look at something on land ( which we don't really want) or another line ( which we don't want at all) or see what NCL throws our way come summer 2016 (which we don't really want).

If this lead balloon sinks like I think it will it may be that we can afford to buy a balcony cabin each which will resolve the main issue but still leave us with the secondary issue. We are two people who are having issues with waliking but not yet in need of walking sticks or those scooters. We would have to choose our cabin very carefully to minimise the amount of walking per day as it gets pretty painful in the evenings after a day of wa\lking the ship or being on shore.

You're English. Not European. ;)

I meant nothing derogatory toward Europeans but the split bath concept is a European concept and is evident in many hotels. Even NCL called it a European bath when they first rolled out Epic.

I have stayed in a number of hotels in France, Spain, Belgium, Poland, etc. That have a "similar" type of bathroom arrangement. Granted the doors were a bit more "solid" than those on Epic and "noise" was not an issue.

I forgot about having no center bank of elevators. That did make for a long walk on some days.

Please do not take my answer as anything against Europeans. I have many European relatives and my Mother was a Leicester girl.

Take care,

Mike

Edited by MMastell

Airfare would be my guess.

Not always an issue, though, if they shop around. I found my airfare from Miami to Barcelona for this October for $620, which isn't much higher than a lot of airfare between states. Heck, it's the same or lower airfare than for an Alaska cruise (for me, at least).

Not always an issue, though, if they shop around. I found my airfare from Miami to Barcelona for this October for $620, which isn't much higher than a lot of airfare between states. Heck, it's the same or lower airfare than for an Alaska cruise (for me, at least).

It's a lot higher than driving and since the PP lives in Florida that's probably what they've been doing.

We love the Epic and are very happy it will be close to us on a more regular basis. Trying to talk Mr C into booking the Barcelona to Southamptom trip! However, I would be very happy if they lost the BMG somewhere on it's final TA :D

I will be sad about the Spirit and the Jade going - we love the Spirit too and wanted to try the Jade. I think we will have to look a bit further ahead and see what's happening. I hope they don't just have one ship doing the same route over and over in the winter season when they used to have two doing (slightly) varying routes/dates.

NCL hasn't released Summer 2016 itineraries ... we'll see if Spirit &/or Jade will return to Europe for the summer .... or not.

So, it's a wait and see thing.