Double Upgrade Offer back on 1st October 2014?

excitedofharpenden

From what I can see on the Azamara website, only cruises from June on the Journey and mid-summer to Dec. 2015 on the Quest qualify for the double upgrade, so how are you booking into 2016?

Am I missing something?

No mention at all of inclusive flights.

When I go to the Azamara home page there is a promo at the top for the double upgrade offer. Clicking on "Learn More" and scrolling down shows me all the cruises on Journey and Quest for 2015 and 2016.

The inclusive flights issue was apparently a glitch in the UK website which is being fixed (i.e. removed). It's not something that we in the US (or, I assume, you in Canada) ever saw.

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

Thanks Host Jazzbeau, thank you for explaining this is only for select 2015 voyages.

As it always is. When Azamara has a promo, it's never across the board. It's only ever for certain voyages. However this double upgrade is good for '15 and '16. I got one of each. :D

As it always is. When Azamara has a promo, it's never across the board. It's only ever for certain voyages. However this double upgrade is good for '15 and '16. I got one of each. :D

Agreed. I said the same thing several posts back (Post #12), in that the current promo is only for select 2015 voyages. That's typically how Azamara does this, but it's understandable, as their capacity is much smaller than the mainstream brands.

Edited by Host Andy

Agreed. I said the same thing several posts back (Post #12), in that the current promo is only for select 2015 voyages. That's typically how Azamara does this, but it's understandable, as their capacity is much smaller than the mainstream brands.

I put it in my original post too Andy.:)

Phil

Azamara [certainly in the UK] are clearly stating that the offer is for select 2015 and 2016 cruises -

Receive a Complimentary Double Upgrade to a Club Balcony

ON SELECT 2015/2016 VOYAGES.

The only thing better than an upgrade is a double upgrade—the Azamara Club Cruises® Double Upgrade Offer! Simply book between 1 October and 24 December 2014, and receive a complimentary double upgrade from a Club Interior stateroom to a Club Balcony stateroom. Choose from 79 amazing voyages sailing to the Americas, Europe, Asia, Australia, and more, and experience the wonders of the world with a beautiful Balcony view.

Hi Folks

just tried booking the montreal cruise through uk TA. been told that Azamara have put hold on sales for 24 hours as the uk sites have been coming up with a fly cruise price at the same price as cruise only eg: 1704 on az for cruise only. 1704 on all uk ta sites with flights - apparently this is not correct. so dont know whats going to happen to anyone who is already booked or been sold it as a package...

We also booked yesterday and received confirmation via email from our travel agent for the Southampton to Montreal cruise. We have not had any correspondence today about any mix up on prices. Anyone got any further information

I am interested in a Quest cruise for September 2015 which is included in the promotion.

However the quote I have been given by my favourite TA is ludicrous. I could cruise on Crystal for less, so obviously I am not booking at the moment.:confused:

Our TA says Az now holding back sale of the Montreal cruise for at least another 24hrs as the prices are all incorrect and she seemed to think that anyone who has already booked with the incorrect prices would be getting calls from their TAs to inform them of the fact they may have to rebook when the correct prices are published.

One happy camper reporting in. We booked a week next September on the Quest and 10 days in balmy West Indies next November (2016) on the Quest, too, both at really reasonable fares. Great promo! :D

We've booked the 11/11/2016 Quest West Indies cruise (don't know if that's the one you booked).

It looks like a lot of fun with a few islands that we haven't visited before. The price with this promotion does seem very reasonable.

We originally had a V3 cabin with the BOGOHO promotion, but were able to get it a little cheaper with the current promotion and move to a V1.

We've booked the 11/11/2016 Quest West Indies cruise (don't know if that's the one you booked).

It looks like a lot of fun with a few islands that we haven't visited before. The price with this promotion does seem very reasonable.

We originally had a V3 cabin with the BOGOHO promotion, but were able to get it a little cheaper with the current promotion and move to a V1.

We will be getting off as you are getting on. We're sailing during Thanksgiving as I will do anything under the sun to avoid cooking a big turkey feast. ;) It's nearly the same itinerary as the one we did in December 2013 so if you read the report in my signature line you can see photos from the various ports. The only new one this time around will be in Nevis. Azamara is a fantastic way to see the Caribbean.

We will be getting off as you are getting on. We're sailing during Thanksgiving as I will do anything under the sun to avoid cooking a big turkey feast. ;) It's nearly the same itinerary as the one we did in December 2013 so if you read the report in my signature line you can see photos from the various ports. The only new one this time around will be in Nevis. Azamara is a fantastic way to see the Caribbean.

Thank you.

I will be sure to read your trip report.

Edited by bbqoug

Hi Everyone,

Just to confirm, this offer has several 2015 and 2016 sailings listed on their website. When I commented earlier in this thread, their website only mentioned 2015 sailings. It's nice to see that selected 2016 sailings were added as well !

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/special-offers/double-upgrade?utm_source=phase1_consumer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Double_Upgrade_Sep2014&intcmp=Double_Upgrade_Sep2014&ecid=em_20633922&rid=143000514&mes=%20V1&emsc=SEG%20CC%202-2Z1BNIF&emct=D&lnkid=View+Offer+Details+1

First off, let me say that I love Azamara and despite feeling somewhat outraged, I will probably book azamara again, however I won't be as trusting anymore.

We live in Austria at the moment and use a (so far) very good TA in Germany to book our cruises, so no US TA. We are Elite, so we have been around the block a few times.

For the longest time i have had my eye on a b2b in 2016, checking the prices frequently and waiting for a double upgrade offer to come along. So i check my TAs website every morning and lo and behold yesterday morning, there it was, Azamara's newest double upgrade offer, a balcony cabin for the price of an inside. I go to the appropriate page, however i cannot book it, the price break is not reflected and there is no way to book an inside for a balcony, however there is text indicating Azamara's deal, and luckily, both cruises are included. I figure I wait a little and try again. DH and I are happy.

The next thing I observe is almost unbelievable: I can book now, however the inside cabin's price has gone up to match the balcony not vice versa, so in fact there are no savings at all. The only advantage is that all balcony cabins are the same price, no difference between V1,V2 and V3, but no longer is it visible that the price for an inside was about 500 Euros less just a little while ago, but now costs what a balcony cost before.

This was happening not only to the two cruises I am interested in, but to a whole bunch of others down the list of included cruises in 2015 and 2016 (obviously I only know the price details for "my"cruises" for a fact). With every "refresh" I could spot some changes, so obviously the TA was entering the new "deals".

Totally outraged I write an email to the TA asking for an explanation.

The answer I get back is also a little astonishing: "We are aware that the price changes are disadvantageous and dismayed at Azamara's recent pricing policies, however we are a travel agency and this is basically out of our control."

BTW it seems that this has nothing to do with European vs US market, as the Dollar prices when exchanged are practically the same as the Euro/Pound prices. What makes me mad is Azamara must think we are idiots. The balcony prices are as they were before, so no financial loss if you were prepared to pay for a balcony cabin anyway, but the way this is done, i find rather deceitful. But I guess if I had not seen it happening right before my eyes and had not known my prices I am sure I would have believed it to be a deal ( it was advertised as such, right?)

Perhaps someone from Azamara will read this and explain?

sabine

First off, let me say that I love Azamara and despite feeling somewhat outraged, I will probably book azamara again, however I won't be as trusting anymore.

We live in Austria at the moment and use a (so far) very good TA in Germany to book our cruises, so no US TA. We are Elite, so we have been around the block a few times.

For the longest time i have had my eye on a b2b in 2016, checking the prices frequently and waiting for a double upgrade offer to come along. So i check my TAs website every morning and lo and behold yesterday morning, there it was, Azamara's newest double upgrade offer, a balcony cabin for the price of an inside. I go to the appropriate page, however i cannot book it, the price break is not reflected and there is no way to book an inside for a balcony, however there is text indicating Azamara's deal, and luckily, both cruises are included. I figure I wait a little and try again. DH and I are happy.

The next thing I observe is almost unbelievable: I can book now, however the inside cabin's price has gone up to match the balcony not vice versa, so in fact there are no savings at all. The only advantage is that all balcony cabins are the same price, no difference between V1,V2 and V3, but no longer is it visible that the price for an inside was about 500 Euros less just a little while ago, but now costs what a balcony cost before.

This was happening not only to the two cruises I am interested in, but to a whole bunch of others down the list of included cruises in 2015 and 2016 (obviously I only know the price details for "my"cruises" for a fact). With every "refresh" I could spot some changes, so obviously the TA was entering the new "deals".

The answer I get back is also a little astonishing: "We are aware that the price changes are disadvantageous and dismayed at Azamara's recent pricing policies, however we are a travel agency and this is basically out of our control."

BTW it seems that this has nothing to do with European vs US market, as the Dollar prices when exchanged are practically the same as the Euro/Pound prices. What makes me mad is Azamara must think we are idiots. The balcony prices are as they were before, so no financial loss if you were prepared to pay for a balcony cabin anyway, but the way this is done, i find rather deceitful. But I guess if I had not seen it happening right before my eyes and had not known my prices I am sure I would have believed it to be a deal ( it was advertised as such, right?)

sabine

Sabine,

I read your post with interest.

Must admit that I had not been following the price of the cruise I am interested in BUT it is not possible that the price I was quoted could possibly be what they were charging for an inside cabin.

It is disappointing that IMO this is not a promotional price at all.

sabine

We have four cruises booked in the 2015/2016 year end. I booked the first two during a double upgrade promotion about a year ago. Both of these cruises are less expensive that the current double upgrade promotion or the BOGOHO that has just expired. The other two were booked during the BOGOHO promotion and are less expensive than the current promotion. Azamara plays with pricing and promotions A LOT. Keep watching and perhaps a better deal will come down the pike later. Yes it is a little disconcerting that they manipulate the pricing thinking that we are too stupid to realize what they are doing. When all the cruise lines came out with the 50% off standard pricing years ago(have you ever met a person who has paid full brochure price for a cruise) it opened the flood gates for all forms of ridiculous promotions.

I don't know which cruises you are looking at, but the prices for the Aug. 11 2016 Quest sailing have NOT increased.

According to the 2016 Destination Guide, the prices for this cruise were Inside $5,899; Oceanview $6,399; Veranda $7,199.

On the Azamara website today, the prices for this cruise are Inside $5,899; Oceanview $6,399; Veranda $5,899. No change except that the Veranda did indeed go DOWN to the price of an Inside.

The two 2016 cruises we are looking at are both less with the current double upgrade promotion than with the recently expired BOGOHO promotion. I really do not understand AZ's pricing and marketing strategy. I guess the bottom line is if the price is right for you, book it. But, be forewarned, there is no "best price" guarantee.

The two 2016 cruises we are looking at are both less with the current double upgrade promotion than with the recently expired BOGOHO promotion. I really do not understand AZ's pricing and marketing strategy. I guess the bottom line is if the price is right for you, book it. But, be forewarned, there is no "best price" guarantee.

Azamara does have a best price guarantee. You can find the link at the bottom of their first web page.

I, too, thought the prices for inside cabins had jumped way up for this promo when i first looked at them yesterday, but hadn't been keeping such a close watch all along. I just don't recall rates over $5000 for inside cabins before. The 'per day' rate is much higher it seems to me...compared to previous cruises we've enjoyed with this promotion.

Gives me a very unsettled feeling to be 'played' like this even though, I acknowledge they can charge whatever they like. Nobody HAS to go!

You are absolutely right, when the price feels right one should book. But it is just so blatant that I could not let it go. I was able to take a screen shot of one of the cruises before the price changed but for simplicity's sake, I will just write out the prices:

Before: inside Eur1675, outside 1945, balcony2328

After: inside Eur2345, outside 2554, balcony 2345

so practically no change, not a double upgrade

We also booked yesterday and received confirmation via email from our travel agent for the Southampton to Montreal cruise. We have not had any correspondence today about any mix up on prices. Anyone got any further information

Spoke to TA earlier and no further news, but noticed a few minutes ago that the cruise is now back on the TAs website - up by £300. Will be interesting to find out what they say tomorrow!

Sue

Azamara does have a best price guarantee. You can find the link at the bottom of their first web page.

Yes, there is a best price guarantee but I am not sure if I understand the "fine print". Seems to only apply after final booking or within 48 hours of initial booking.

Yes, there is a best price guarantee but I am not sure if I understand the "fine print". Seems to only apply after final booking or within 48 hours of initial booking.

Hi 2fromTO,

I read it too, and the verbiage is quite confusing. Must have been written by the legal department :). What we do know : like most other cruise lines, they will reduce the fare before the final payment due date. However, if you want to add a promo to your booking, you would have to pay the prevailing rate. FWIW, Celebrity offers the same thing.

As for the 48 hour offer ? I'm not exactly sure what it entails either. Based on the time restrictions, I suspect it would not come into play very often. Here's a link to the terms and conditions. Good Luck reading it :) : http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/explore-on-shore/booking/value-pricing/best-price-guarantee

Hope this is helpful !

Edited by Host Andy