P&O Britannia-here she is

Many moons ago, when I was in the "Brussell Sprouts" (Boy Scouts) we were taught to have respect for our nations flag. It was never to be dropped or let sag onto the ground, and definitely never worn around your shoulders.

I was even led to believe that this was the law.

How things have changed.

Towels, scarfs, t shirts, underwear, thongs and sandals have all been decorated with images of the Australian flag.

Now, in Britain at least, they have adorned a bloody ship with the Union Jack.

To my mind it is sacrilege.

Towels, scarfs, t shirts, underwear, thongs and sandals have all been decorated with images of the Australian flag.

Now, in Britain at least, they have adorned a bloody ship with the Union Jack.

To my mind it is sacrilege.

The funny thing is, it worked well when BA did it with their tail livery.

However, the oversized presentation of it here just comes across as a poor caricature.

It is absolutely revolting and an insult to the lines tradition and heritage. I don't like what is happening to P&O at the moment and it is going down very fast.

I don't know what motivated them to change their history and design, perhaps they want to distance themselves from how Costa looks.

Can you imagine Cunard ships getting rid of their dull black hulls and red funnels with black stripes, can you imaging Princess ships removing the Sea Witch logo from all of their funnels, imagine Cunard painting a massive US flag on the front or Princess doing the same.

The biggest problem with P&O is that its flag was never British. Their house flag was made up of the colours of Spain and Portugal as they received Royal approval from both countries to deliver mail. It was Spain and Portugal that was integral in the formation of that company 175 years ago.

Very sad what is happening to their ships.

As I say again imagine Princess ships as you know and love them changing design completely.

They did, its called Regal and Royal Princess.

Absolutely no change at all. They still have the Sea Witch logo on the funnel:

Royal-Princess-580x321.jpg

Best you not small snippet quote as people who do always omit the vital information when they do.

I do not think that all of P&O (UK) will change to this livery, just the Britannia.:D
They've already confirmed that all ships in the fleet (starting with Aurora), will sport this new livery. At first I didn't like it, but now I don't think it looks too bad. I get tradition and what-not, but people shouldn't be afraid of change. Edited by Royalty X

Absolutely no change at all. They still have the Sea Witch logo on the funnel:

Royal-Princess-580x321.jpg

My comments in the changes refer to move away from Grand to Royal Class. Britannia is a Royal class type ship. That is a change for Princess, there was much uproar about the moving away from Grand class.

Edited by icat2000

I do not think that all of P&O (UK) will change to this livery, just the Britannia.:D

I don't mind it. Its not a huge change, just really a coat of paint or two. At least its not as ugly as some of the NCL ships.

Edited by icat2000

Mic, Aurora is having the new livery on her refit in December. I quite like the new livery and I like cruising with P&O UK. The sailaway parties up top aft are legendary.

Edited by NSWP

My comments in the changes refer to move away from Grand to Royal Class. Britannia is a Royal class type ship. That is a change for Princess, there was much uproar about the moving away from Grand class.

What P&O UK have done is completely change the livery.

The Royal Princess was a new design for Princess. I cant see the problem with that. Princess cruises started off with Sitmar design ships, came up with their own Sun class ships, evolved that into the Grand class and changed them slightly. Princess also has a completely different designed Coral and Island class. The Royal Princess was an inevitable change.

I find it disappointing that P&O UK is changing its livery to something cheap and tacky. It is just cheap advertising to appease certain types of people. If you want change how about repainting the hull of QM2 white, changing the paint scheme of its funnel and maybe painting a bow wave on the ships hull and a smiley face.

They've already confirmed that all ships in the fleet (starting with Aurora), will sport this new livery. At first I didn't like it, but now I don't think it looks too bad. I get tradition and what-not, but people shouldn't be afraid of change.

Not afraid of change, just not a fan of garishness.

or

Norwegian Cruises :eek:

NCL's designs may not be my taste but I don't really think that they are that bad either. I really don't think what is painted on the side of the ship affects my cruise in any way. Inside décor on the other hand can be off putting though.:D