Ft. Lauderdale Port Parking

jefferyrachel

Parking costs???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Using the Port parking facilities, $15/day. Other options exist off the Port property that many use, find satisfactory (for the most part), and are more inexpensive.

Personally, I like the security for the car of parking at the port and the ease of getting to my car after disembarking.

Could be a very far walk as the parking is on one side of the port and some docks are on the far side

We use Park and Fly near port they have shuttle and do not move your car like the other that is off port property

Edited by Stevanb

Could be a very far walk as the parking is on one side of the port and some docks are on the far side

We use Park and Fly near port they have shuttle and do not move your car like the other that is off port property

I am not sure what this poster means in his first paragraph.

There is a parking garage adjacent to Piers 1, 2, and 4. There is a large parking lot adjacent to Pier 18. There is a parking garage adjacent to Piers 19, 21, 22/24, 25, and 26. Pier 29 is some distance away from the Mid-Port Parking Garage, but if a ship is docked at that location, the Port offers free shuttles to get between the pier and the garage. Walking long distances through the port from pier to pier is dangerous and not recommended.

there are a few hotels where you spend the night and includes parking and free transportation.

cheaper than to pay up to $20 a day at the port where no one is there at night and who want their car to be next to the salt water to start to rust it and worst. lots of cruise ship leave from one port and come back to another then what do you do pay for a taxi to get to your car.

I found these places by searching hotel with stay park and cruise.

Yes you understand the parking at the port is not the best . You have to live here and cruise a few times out to understand how it works If you are on the very east side you have to cross a four lane highway to get to that garage . With a lot of baggage can be quite a feat. Or near the Royal Caribbean ships that off load 5500 people getting transportation is not easy On the hotel since I live close to the port I do not need a hotel . The thing I do not like there is no real security in a hotel parking lot .

I was looking at the port facility map and became very confused.

How do you know at which pier your ship will be docked?

I would want to park at the official port parking not an off site lot. Some of the comments indicate you could leave from one pier and return to another. Is this common practice?

We will be boarding Serenade in April 2016.

Yes you understand the parking at the port is not the best . You have to live here and cruise a few times out to understand how it works If you are on the very east side you have to cross a four lane highway to get to that garage . With a lot of baggage can be quite a feat. Or near the Royal Caribbean ships that off load 5500 people getting transportation is not easy On the hotel since I live close to the port I do not need a hotel . The thing I do not like there is no real security in a hotel parking lot .

They don't have shuttles?

I second the motion for Park 'n Fly. Prepayment discount. I think we paid about $8/day last January. Shuttle to the ship, shuttle back to our car. No hassles. Drove right out, back onto I-95 for a lot less than the port parking garage.

Security was no problem, 24 hr attendant, cameras, etc. Obviously don't leave anything of value in sight when you leave your vehicle.

If you use them I strongly recommend that you pay attention to the driving directions given in their website instructions. There was, probly still is, a lot of highway construction in the port and airport area. You can be in the wrong lane rather quickly and find yourself going around again and again.... ;)

They don't have shuttles?

Yes but the wait can be long and they do not really help you with your luggage . At the Park and Fly they meet you at the curb put your luggage on the shuttle drop you at your car trunk and off load the luggage.

There is a reason you see a lot of people that post use them. Just remember it is Park and Fly not Park and Go they move your car around when you are gone

I take issue with some of the points in this post. I have sailed from Pier 2 aboard Star Princess and parked in the adjacent parking garage that also serves the Convention Center. There was no 4 lane highway I had to cross to get to or from the car.

I have not parked near Pier 18 when the Oasis Class ships dock so I cannot critique what is being said. That may be the 4 lane highway to which he is referring. But, from what I saw from an aft suite on the Westerdam, docked at Pier 19, with her stern pointed North and the bow of the Allure of the Seas to my right as I stood on my veranda, the parking lot that serves Pier 18 seemed to be quite accessible.

I take issue with some of the points in this post. I have sailed from Pier 2 aboard Star Princess and parked in the adjacent parking garage that also serves the Convention Center. There was no 4 lane highway I had to cross to get to or from the car.

I have not parked near Pier 18 when the Oasis Class ships dock so I cannot critique what is being said. That may be the 4 lane highway to which he is referring. But, from what I saw from an aft suite on the Westerdam, docked at Pier 19, with her stern pointed North and the bow of the Allure of the Seas to my right as I stood on my veranda, the parking lot that serves Pier 18 seemed to be quite accessible.

http://www.porteverglades.net/includes/content/docs/MEDIA/PEG410_Map.pdf

look at the 22 24 26 29 that is Eller drive

2-18 is not bad

For us I would rather have them pick us up at the curb handle our luggage and drop us at our car.

http://www.porteverglades.net/includes/content/docs/MEDIA/PEG410_Map.pdf

look at the 22 24 26 29 that is Eller drive

2-18 is not bad

For us I would rather have them pick us up at the curb handle our luggage and drop us at our car.

I have parked at the Mid-Port Parking Garage many times with vessels docked at Piers 19, 21, 25, 26, and 29. I have never, repeat never, had any issue of getting myself nor my luggage from the garage to the pier or from the pier to the garage. Even if at Pier 29, the shuttle service that is provided is excellent. If driving, drop the luggage off at the pier, drive to the garage and park the car, and ride the shuttle to the pier.

I do not disagree that there is congestion at the end of that finger pier that is at 22/24 and 25. Including 21's disembarking passengers that need taxis; the Port Authority officials should be well aware of this issue. Many, including me, have made complaints about this inadequate end of a good cruise. Disappointingly, nothing for the coming cruising season seems to have been done to correct this issue. I cannot help think that is one reason why Celebrity Eclipse has been moved from Fort Lauderdale to Miami. Some of there terminals cannot properly and comfortably handle some of the modern, large vessels.

hotels like Rodeway fort Lauderdale does offer both where you come in drop off the luggage park the car and then the shuttle you to the port door to door the nice thing is they are next to all the major exits from the road i95 turnpike.

but why not come the night before relax wake up in the morning and be on board the ship by lunch time.

I have seen guest come down the day of their cruise only to have a tire or mechanical problem and miss the cruise.

but there are lots of great option and what ever you chose it will be a great one.

Thank you so much for the tip about Rodeway. We feel we got a great deal. Gotta love Cruise Critic.

• 2 weeks later...
I have parked at the Mid-Port Parking Garage many times with vessels docked at Piers 19, 21, 25, 26, and 29. I have never, repeat never, had any issue of getting myself nor my luggage from the garage to the pier or from the pier to the garage. Even if at Pier 29, the shuttle service that is provided is excellent. If driving, drop the luggage off at the pier, drive to the garage and park the car, and ride the shuttle to the pier.

Rkacruiser, Could you clarify distance between the Mid-Port Garage and Pier 21? Is it convenient enough to park and walk with luggage (wheels & carry-on...short 4-day cruise) from car to Pier?

I usually sail out of Pier 2 and use the North Port Garage where I can park, walk to the elevator and decend practically to the entrance of the Terminal: worth every penny of the $15/day charge.

For this trip sailing from Pier 21, however, I'm with a larger group and don't want to inconvenience them too much. So your personal experience and feedback is appreciated.

Thank you.

Rkacruiser, Could you clarify distance between the Mid-Port Garage and Pier 21? Is it convenient enough to park and walk with luggage (wheels & carry-on...short 4-day cruise) from car to Pier?

I usually sail out of Pier 2 and use the North Port Garage where I can park, walk to the elevator and decend practically to the entrance of the Terminal: worth every penny of the $15/day charge.

For this trip sailing from Pier 21, however, I'm with a larger group and don't want to inconvenience them too much. So your personal experience and feedback is appreciated.

Thank you.

I'm not Rkacruiser :D, but I can answer this because we sailed out of pier 21 last February. The garage is right next to pier 21 (same side of the street even so you don't need to cross any traffic at all)! Here's a map of Port Everglades that is a little deceiving since the parking structure actually abuts pier 21: http://www.porteverglades.net/includes/content/docs/MEDIA/PEG410_Map.pdf.

The only recommendation I would make is park and then take your luggage to the pier if no one has mobility issues (or too much luggage :p). My DH dropped me off first but that meant circling past the other piers to get to the pier 21 luggage drop off area (again the map doesn't show the road as a circle but it is and traffic flows counter clockwise). Then he went to park the car and came back and said it only took him 2 minutes to walk from the garage to the terminal entrance.

Thank you.

Terminal 21 is right next to the midport garage. It's also an easy walk to terminals 24, 25, and 19.

Edited by royalcruz

I'm not Rkacruiser :D, but I can answer this because we sailed out of pier 21 last February. The garage is right next to pier 21 (same side of the street even so you don't need to cross any traffic at all)! Here's a map of Port Everglades that is a little deceiving since the parking structure actually abuts pier 21: http://www.porteverglades.net/includes/content/docs/MEDIA/PEG410_Map.pdf.

(edited)...said it only took him 2 minutes to walk from the garage to the terminal entrance.

Thank you all for the specifics. I had looked at the referenced map (and the Ship Schedule page from the same website to determine I was sailing out of Pier 21) and had thought the map was probably distorted, so I appreciate the responses.

Someone earlier in this thread mentioned walking across four lanes of traffic. They must have been referring to a stay at the Rennissance Hotel or another close by, both of which are located on the north side of The 17th Street Causeway, while the port is on the south side of it.

There's most likely a traffic light and crosswalk, making it convenient and safe for those hotel guests to walk to the Convention Center if attending an event there. But I'm not so sure that one can enter the port on foot for a departing cruise. Even if you could, there's a great deal of construction at present, so traveling on foot means you'd have about an inch of dust and grime covering yourself by the time you got to the pier. The small cab fare would be worth it.

In Miami we always park offsite because the port is $20 a day. But with the FLL port being $15 a day and Park and Fly $12 a day I'll take the convenience of parking at the port. I'll swing by and drop my wife and the luggage off then go park. On return the shuttle is usually pretty good but if not I'll go get the car and bring it around.

enjoy,

Duane