"We Value Your Opinion" Survey

SilvertoGold

I had no problem opening and completing both parts of the survey. And I didn't find the questions too personal (save for the income one which you could indicate you prefer not to answer).

The survey wasn't only about HAL, but all of the cruise lines you've been on in the past.

They would have to pay me before I would spend that long on a survey.

But, once you complete part 1 you have the CHANCE to win a $25 gift card, probably good only in one of the ship shops:p Didn't even consider doing the survey.

A 30 minute survey?

Good luck, HAL.

That's for part 1 ... they estimate another 20 minutes for part 2. Too much of my life to give for free to a commercial enterprise to help them figure out something or other about their business model.

Rather than sending out these random email surveys, HAL would do better to work with a company willing to run 1-2 hour focus groups on sea days on select sailings ... With an incentive of a $25 onboard credit or something similar as a thank you. Surely, the info HAL has about their passengers would be enough to offer an invitation to a variety of new and experienced cruisers who sail various lines or HAL exclusively.

Edited by pms4104

Reply from HAL survey team:

"Dear Holland America Guest,

Thank you for alerting us to the survey access issue you experienced earlier today. We apologize for the inconvenience, and would like to assure you that our team is working on fixing the issue.

Please expect to receive another e-mail with an updated survey link this upcoming Monday, 10/6. We would greatly appreciate your participation in the survey.

Sincerely,

The HSR SurveySupport Team"

Well -- seeing as so many have gotten this e-mail survey -- it is obvious that HAL doesn't value our opinions either -- just our money.

Actually I had the opposite feeling about the survey. I felt it had something to do with not taking a cruise in few years. My last cruise was 2 years ago and 2 years before that one. Not sure exactly what they wanted out of the survey but because of the questions asked that is what it seemed to me.

Princess sent out the same survey. Neither the Princess nor HAL links worked for me. I emailed Princess and HAL.

Princess responded with an up to date link. HAL said the problem will be corrected tomorrow October 6th.

I got the survey through Princess and, with difficulty, was able to complete Part 1. It appears to be a Carnival Corp. survey as any of the 3 cruise lines (HAL, Princess or Carnival) can be chosen if you win the free cruise. There were many questions about experiences with HAL and Carnival (since Princess was who sent the survey to me, they were not part of the comparison.)

To me one of the most significant questions was whether I could drive to the embarkation port when sailing with HAL and Carnival. We can drive 1 1/2 hrs. to NYC and 2 hrs. to Baltimore to board Carnival ships. We have also sailed out of NYC with HAL and Brooklyn with Princess but there are fewer options for us for those embarkations. I would like to have more options for cruising from the East Coast that did not require flying to the port.

Lots of other impressions of each line were part of the survey - too many to easily remember.

Edited by seadrifter

Actually I had the opposite feeling about the survey. I felt it had something to do with not taking a cruise in few years. My last cruise was 2 years ago and 2 years before that one. Not sure exactly what they wanted out of the survey but because of the questions asked that is what it seemed to me.

That could very well be it.

I got the survey through Princess and, with difficulty, was able to complete Part 1. It appears to be a Carnival Corp. survey as any of the 3 cruise lines (HAL, Princess or Carnival) can be chosen if you win the free cruise. There were many questions about experiences with HAL and Carnival (since Princess was who sent the survey to me, they were not part of the comparison.)

To me one of the most significant questions was whether I could drive to the embarkation port when sailing with HAL and Carnival. We can drive 1 1/2 hrs. to NYC and 2 hrs. to Baltimore to board Carnival ships. We have also sailed out of NYC with HAL and Brooklyn with Princess but there are fewer options for us for those embarkations. I would like to have more options for cruising from the East Coast that did not require flying to the port.

Lots of other impressions of each line were part of the survey - too many to easily remember.

We are Elite members of Princess and have also sailed on Cunard.

That may be an answer as to why we didn't get the e-mail.

Well -- seeing as so many have gotten this e-mail survey -- it is obvious that HAL doesn't value our opinions either -- just our money.

Perhaps they know they don't need to woo you?

Either that, or you are very demanding cruisers who complain a lot??:D

The survey stated that it was being sent to select people and to please not forward it to others. It is most likely just random sampling and not specific to any one person.

Boy, an awful lot of us are "select"!! BTW, I couldn't open the darn thing either. Just now deleted it.

Received an email yesterday from the marketing company that sent out the survey in response to my question about how to open the link.

They said they would be sending another survey today.

Still waiting. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. Hmm.......

I just received the survey today, so for those who have not received one yet, perhaps one will be coming to you.

Based on a few comments upthread, the questions must be customized based on some of the answers you provide. For instance, someone commented that they were asked about specific ships in the HAL fleet. I had no such questions.

We sail different cruise lines, and it seems that triggered the bulk of my questions. I went through screen after screen of comparisons between HAL and NCL. It was a very detailed survey.

My questions were pretty much about comparing HAL to Princess - they are the two top lines we cruise on.

Hope we get that 2nd link as they say we will so we can win the 7 day cruise for two :)

HAL and Princess are our top two lines as well, but for my survey, they seemed very interested in a HAL vs. NCL comparison. We've only been on NCL twice.