Great Vacation Guarantee and uncomfortable hot cabins

fourkittys

Pete,

Try not to let it worry you too much in advance. I admit room temperature is not as critical to me, but I understand if you like a room as cold as you do, why this might cause concern. Just have a plan of what you will do if it happens, and then let it go. My family’s concerns run more to crowding, wait times, food quality, and weather. I always remind them lots of things have happened to us on a trip (land or sea), and you just have to deal with them. Despite Carnivals claim, there is no “Guarantee”.

1. It’s not statistically likely to be a problem:

This is a hot button because it should be under your control and isn’t in these situations, but while there are indeed some people who have had major issues, it is not every cabin. As many people have pointed out, many ships and cabins are fine. Look at it this way: How many people cruise each week? How many come here or other places and tell us how hot their rooms were? Even if we assume that for every person that post that complaint there was another that was hot and didn't say anything, it’s still a small percentage of the total number of people sailing.

2. They likely will be able to make it better:

Of the people who experienced issues, most (from what I can see) have been resolved by maintenance at some point. I believe it was luvtocruise (sp) who in another thread said she had gotten feedback from Carnival that there had indeed been an AC issue on the Liberty but it was fixed.

There was a woman doing a Sunshine review. She was in a Spa balcony. She said that her cabin was too warm. She went to Guest Services and waited in line, they sent maintenance to fix it. It was better. The next day it warmed again, she had them comeback. That time they fixed it for good. I think it is terrible service that she had to go twice, but that is what it took to be comfortable.

I know it doesn't sound like it on the forums sometimes, but I doubt Carnival wants anyone to be unhappy.

3. Take full advantage of the ideas on this and other threads.

If your cabin is uncomfortable, keep telling them you want it addressed.

Bring a fan

Bring a travel clock with a thermometer

Try to get someone at Carnival to respond in an email before you sail, as to what the acceptable "cabin" temperature should be. Print that email and take it with you. Point to your thermometer if the room temperature is not in that range.

Turn the AC down as soon as you get to the room if you like it cold. Make sure it is blowing noticeably cold air.

If there is a problem, tell them sooner than later.

If they tell you the air coming out of the vent is acceptable, make them look at room temperature and return air temperature.

Tell them you will contact your credit card company and deny the charge if it is not fixed.

I am not saying there isn’t a problem. I'm just trying to put it in perspective. Carnival needs to make its passengers comfortable, and while you shouldn’t have to, you may need to take the situation in your hands and make them find an acceptable solution and/or compensation.

Thanks for your feedback. We won't be able to bring a fan though as we're flying from the UK, so the baggage won't take the one we have at home!

Thanks for your feedback. We won't be able to bring a fan though as we're flying from the UK, so the baggage won't take the one we have at home!

You can buy one while in the states and either leave it on the ship, possibly for a crew member, or throw it out prior to your return to the UK.

Edited by Disconnections

You can buy one while in the states and either leave it on the ship, possibly for a crew member, or throw it out prior to your return to the UK.
No offence but I won't have the time nor would I want to spend the time purchasing a fan when I arrive in the US before I board RCI Enchantment of the Seas (I know I won't need one on there) and will have no time as I disembark that sailing to board Carnival Valor on the same day. Furthermore I don't expect to have to bring a fan on board, I expect Carnival to provide me with a comfortable environment.

Pete,

A number of people have said their cabin steward brought them a fan. Hopefully, they will be able to provide it if you need.

Sorry, didn't even think about you coming from UK. That's the good and bad when your drive to port, you bring lots of stuff, including crap you never use.

Sent from my MB855 using Forums mobile app

Sincerely hope this ac thing will not be a problem for us on the Liberty Halloween cruise. My husband does have respiratory issues and we definitely need to have a nice cool, comfortable cabin otherwise he will experience an exacerbation of his breathing difficulties. We are on the 8th deck, beginning of the mid in a balcony room. Praying that it was a good choice. Really looking forward to this cruise to get away, relax and have tons of fun on the Liberty, which we have never cruised on before.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That would be my fear too. I'm booked in an oceanview January on deck 2, no balconies to cause the issue, if that eends up being the cause. If the room is too warm, I have the respiratory issue, double that with the hot flashes. Not a good combo at all.

Pete,

Try not to let it worry you too much in advance. I admit room temperature is not as critical to me, but I understand if you like a room as cold as you do, why this might cause concern. Just have a plan of what you will do if it happens, and then let it go. My family’s concerns run more to crowding, wait times, food quality, and weather. I always remind them lots of things have happened to us on a trip (land or sea), and you just have to deal with them. Despite Carnivals claim, there is no “Guarantee”.

This is my family. Growing up it seemed as if we always had "Chevy Chase" vacations. In fact, now if we don't have something crazy happpen we just wonder what is wrong! :D I can say that it has made for some very memorable vacations!

Ive cruised the Breeze twice, 8 days each. One in a spa balcony and once in an inside. Key card must be in place by the door for lights and A/C to work. Even so, the room was comfortable to our preference...as it should be.

I can accept having to use a key card to control the AC and the steward turning the AC off if the passengers aren't in the room but if they make the AC uncontrollable by the passenger as some seem to suggest they are doing than they have gone too far in their quest for savings in my book. I should be able to set the room thermostat to the temperature I want and the system should deliver that temperature within a reasonable amount of time.

Edited by sparks1093

No offence but I won't have the time nor would I want to spend the time purchasing a fan when I arrive in the US before I board RCI Enchantment of the Seas (I know I won't need one on there) and will have no time as I disembark that sailing to board Carnival Valor on the same day. Furthermore I don't expect to have to bring a fan on board, I expect Carnival to provide me with a comfortable environment.

We just got off the Valor a couple weeks ago - and we found the A/C worked extremely well! There were times we watched tv under the blankets because it was cold (we left it that way since we like to sleep in a cold room at night).

Even though it was blazing hot outside, we never found it that way in the cabin.

I would never buy a fan to bring on a cruise either!

Have fun :)

We just got off the Valor a couple weeks ago - and we found the A/C worked extremely well! There were times we watched tv under the blankets because it was cold (we left it that way since we like to sleep in a cold room at night).

Even though it was blazing hot outside, we never found it that way in the cabin.

I would never buy a fan to bring on a cruise either!

have fun :)

That's reassuring - many thanks