If you could start over, which brand would you build loyalty with?

bigdave35

No, not loyal to any, although we've probably done more with P&O because of convenience, so have some loyalty points from them and their sister brand Princess. We like trying new lines, but have found they're more similar than different.

I have mostly cruised Princess, but have ready across boards here on CC. They all ofter perks but if you express the bonus as a percentage of the total cost of your cruise, they are not that grand most of the time. The small perks I now get from Princess give them a bit of edge but would jump if I saw a deal.

In my case, an airline deal could amount to as much and then I might as well just book a cruise at full fare.

My 3 cents,

M

Interesting thread! :cool:

In retrospect, we wouldn't do things any differently. We stayed with Royal, until we reached D+ -- and, for the most part were very happy. But, between the smoking issue, and the fact that RC was marketing more to families with kids, we switched over to Celebrity, a few years ago. Due to the reciprocity between those lines' loyalty program, we started out as Elites on X.

But, RCCL seems to be abandoning the West Coast, so we're looking at other options, these days. Princess is clearly a possibility -- and the only thing keeping us from trying HAL is their current smoking policy. If we should decide to go with another line, I'd like to pick one that works for us, and stick with it. :cool:

We (DH and I) seem to like NCL best because it's a good fit for us. So we first decide where we want to go and see if there is a non-mega ship NCL option that fits our budget.

But we have enjoyed the cruises we've taken in the past with Carnival and Princess. And just this last year took an RCI cruise to Bermuda because the departure port, price and ship size was the best fit for when we wanted to go.

So I would say our preference is NCL but we have no particular loyalty to any one line.

For the most part, we've been loyal to Royal for many years. We traveled as a large group with 3 different generations so the many options for the different age groups made sense. Now, however, the group has changed and we are considering a cruise to Hawaii on NCL. We're ready to branch out and try other lines. Royal has not been so loyal of late. We might find a cruise line we like even more.

I wouldn't change a thing. We did our first 5 cruises on Royal which was the perfect fit for us at that time. We then tried Celebrity as we were looking for something a bit more upscale. Since we were platinum with Royal we got reciprocal status with Captains Club so this allowed us to receive a few extra perks.

Eventually we'd like to try Princess as well.

Got to Bronze with Oceania (10 cruises) before we discovered Celebrity... In fewer cruises reached Elite and the perks are awesome & since cost is less, we can do twice as many cruises.... Haven't tried others - although tempted, would be missing out on perks so would have to be significant 'bargain' to tempt us....