New Schedule

Sunprince

Looks like the Navigator will leave the Alaska run for the summer of 2016 and be replaced by the Mariner. Navigator will go to the Med. Not sure if the Explorer will debut in the Baltics, the Med or somewhere else? Can't really tell anything from the Voyager schedule at this point as the May schedule has it doing London/Barcelona/Lisbon.

Interesting that they put the Navigator in the Med...would not be my first choice of a ship to take a Med cruise on.

Did anyone else notice that for all the new sailings listed, each and everyone had a "guarantee" for category "H" suites - this was from early this morning when the list was first put up on the internet.

Does this mean that if one selects the most inexpensive of categories they will be unable to select the suite they choose?

gnomie :)

Did anyone else notice that for all the new sailings listed, each and everyone had a "guarantee" for category "H" suites - this was from early this morning when the list was first put up on the internet.

Does this mean that if one selects the most inexpensive of categories they will be unable to select the suite they choose?

gnomie :)

I have also noticed this in the past. Not sure why they are choosing to not allow passengers to pick their suite in the lowest fare category. Perhaps its just another way of artificially raising prices, which were already up $500 year over year for the lowest categories in the summer 2015 (10 day) sailings. So now if you want an assigned suite number the price increase equates to $900 on a 10 day sailing (an increase of +10%).

Findacruise - If that's the case, I will be very sorry to see Navigator disappear. I think she's a fine little ship and I was never troubled or concerned by noises or vibrations that seemed to bother a few others. The smallest staterooms (and their respective bathrooms/closets) are still "huge" and well-appointed, compared to other ships (including Mariner), and I never felt "crowded" in any of the public spaces. Perhaps the cost of future renovations or upgrades (to keep her updated and competitive) was considered to be too expensive when weighed against future revenues she might generate? Regards

from the schedule it seems Navigator is off between Jan 6 and Jan 10 2016 in Miami. They could either use that time to refurbish her to some extend or it will be booked for a charter during that time. (Yes, there are companies booking the whole ship and even making the "captain" move.

I'd hate to see her go...always had fun on board and will again soon.

Edited by Franzr

• 4 weeks later...
MHO is that Navigator will exit the fleet at some point around the time Explorer comes on-line. Not that my opinion is worth anything! :)

My TA has heard rumors that the Navigator will be leaving Regent. But, these are only rumors and I will keep my fingers crossed that they are not true. I, too, would be very sorry to see her leave.

I also thought that the Navigator would be leaving the fleet. However, recent information indicates that this is not the case. She is being dry docked in either April or May, 2016. Not sure where she will be going after the Med. While we are not fans of the Navigator in Alaska, IMO, she would do well in the Med. After all, having a forward Observation Lounge in the Med. is not a big deal. Also, many Med. itineraries are very port intensive.

Seeing the Mariner back in Alaska is great. Unfortunately, there are many children on Alaska cruises during the summer (sorry -- am not a fan of children on luxury cruise lines). The Navigator suffers from lack of public spaces while the Mariner has an abundance of room. In the past, they have put children in Stars Lounge -- a large lounge that can accommodate loads of kids. Most importantly, the Mariner has a great Observation Lounge.