Bistro on 5 - New Menu

Chinook Wind

I have heard it's going to be rolled out across the fleet but over the next few months... I believe up to now it's just the summit that has it? I heard it will be rolled out by xmas... :)

LOL, Is there a treatment for Nutella addiction?:eek:

OTOH, that does look yummy!

I am a total Nutella addict! (I eat it right out of the jar. :eek: )

The crepe in my photo is what Celebrity calls the Italian; it has bananas and Nutella. I ask them to hold the bananas when they make it. :)

They still had the old menu (which I like) on the Silhoutte last week. Crepes and creamy soups were excellent and in the morning, the place was empty so that's where we ate breakfast most days.

The new menu on Summit doesn't remove any old items, just adds a bunch of new items an daily specials.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Unaware of breakfast in Bistro on 5 -- have eaten there for a couple of lunches.

What do they offer for breakfast?

On "Eclipse" Bistro on Five was used as an "overflow" for the Café al Bacio in the mornings because of the demand for coffees, teas, almond criossants ...;) They had the same pastries and cookies on offer in the mornings as well as all specialty coffees and teas and changed to the regular lunch menus at approx. 11.30 a.m. Pastries were free, of course.

We thought it a really great idea because it was sometimes almost impossible to find a seat in Café al Bacio.

Unaware of breakfast in Bistro on 5 -- have eaten there for a couple of lunches.

What do they offer for breakfast?

The menu is at the link below. I don't think it changes during the day. Note the several crepe offerings featuring eggs, which I imagine would be what many would order for breakfast. (Or the Nutella crepe in my photo above. :) )

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants-bistro-on-five

The menu is at the link below. I don't think it changes during the day. Note the several crepe offerings featuring eggs, which I imagine would be what many would order for breakfast. (Or the Nutella crepe in my photo above. :) )

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants-bistro-on-five

Exactly, my DW liked the egg crepes and I stuck with Nutela and soup. I never do the traditional scrambled eggs, bacon and toast breakfast and we don't usually eat before 10.00.

I don't see BBQ Piggy on that menu, a real shame as I that was my fave:(

Pretty much the same except for the egg dishes.

They need to work on new larger and more interesting salads, dressings with fresh grilled chicken or salmon. Like a real Bistro

That's not the new menu that has been tested on Summit.

They are certainly slow to make changes, especially when it comes to food. It's time for wholesale changes in Dining.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Exactly, my DW liked the egg crepes and I stuck with Nutela and soup. I never do the traditional scrambled eggs, bacon and toast breakfast and we don't usually eat before 10.00.
I also like to try a variety of different foods when I am on a cruise ship, not just get the standard bacon and eggs, toast or cereal that I can have anytime at home.

That's not the new menu that has been tested on Summit.

They are certainly slow to make changes, especially when it comes to food. It's time for wholesale changes in Dining.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Left Eclipse a week ago and the only changes visible from the Summit food trials were Bistro had gone to $7 and the Elite breakfast had changed to a preplated menu rather than a buffet. When I asked the HD I was told no further plans for other changes in the immediate future, but who knows.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

Left Eclipse a week ago and the only changes visible from the Summit food trials were Bistro had gone to $7 and the Elite breakfast had changed to a preplated menu rather than a buffet. When I asked the HD I was told no further plans for other changes in the immediate future, but who knows.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

Pretty typical to get conflicting info from onboard. I hope the HD on Eclipse was wrong and the officer on Summit who told me the menu was going to be rolled out fleet wide was correct. Only time will tell.

Happy sailing,

Jenna