Best thing about Brilliance

What is it to you? Have recently booked a balcony for our honeymoon next July, and in-between all the wedding stress I would love some ideas on what to get most excited for!

(for info, we're in our late twenties, have a drinks package, and have cruised a couple of times before, but never this ship or itinerary)

I love having breakfast on the aft open deck area behind the Windjammer!

(disclaimer... I have never been in BOS (1st time will be next Sept), but have been on her sister ship, Serenade twice, and they have the same layout :))

Have a wonderful honeymoon!

Melissa

I love the outdoor WJ seating...wish more ships had that option. However, I hate the so-called "retractable" roof over the Solarium...as it's never opened, which means there is not an "adult" area for sunning! If you were on a cold weather cruise, it might be nice, but in the Caribbean, open the damn roof!

Glass elevator, outdoor windjammer, beautiful ambiance. sailing on Brilliance in 10 days :D

We leave in 3 days!:eek::D

Interested in seeing if we like the changes they have made to this class of ship. We sailed the NE/Canada itinerary on the Jewel 4 years ago. Will be nice to finally try Giovanni's Table and Park Cafe after seeing all the positive reviews of them.

We leave in 3 days!:eek::D

Interested in seeing if we like the changes they have made to this class of ship. We sailed the NE/Canada itinerary on the Jewel 4 years ago. Will be nice to finally try Giovanni's Table and Park Cafe after seeing all the positive reviews of them.

I did NE/Canada 2 years ago on Jewel. Look forward to all the additions on Radiance class :D Enjoy your cruise, I have a few friends going on your sailing.

Headed on this ship in Jan...looking forward to the pool tables, doing some mini-golf and defn being able to eat "outside" will be great options to have that I have not had on previous cruises...

Any other tips or info or must see or do on this boat?

Headed on this ship in Jan...looking forward to the pool tables, doing some mini-golf and defn being able to eat "outside" will be great options to have that I have not had on previous cruises...

Park Cafe for breakfast.

LOVED LOVED LOVED the Brilliance! Had a great/active Roll Call here which helped! Met so many lovely people! Kids club was FAB, my daughter still maintains this was her best cruise ever! My personal favourite location was the Champagne Bar with Rusty and Susie. Cheryl our room steward was wonderful and we had fantastic wait staff - the only thing I hated was the day they kicked us off. I cried. :(

LOVED LOVED LOVED the Brilliance! Had a great/active Roll Call here which helped! Met so many lovely people! Kids club was FAB, my daughter still maintains this was her best cruise ever! My personal favourite location was the Champagne Bar with Rusty and Susie. Cheryl our room steward was wonderful and we had fantastic wait staff - the only thing I hated was the day they kicked us off. I cried. :(

So glad to hear this!! We are taking our first cruise on the Brilliance in January and are really looking forward to it......:D

This is also our first time to sail out of Tampa.....

I love the outdoor WJ seating...wish more ships had that option. However, I hate the so-called "retractable" roof over the Solarium...as it's never opened, which means there is not an "adult" area for sunning! If you were on a cold weather cruise, it might be nice, but in the Caribbean, open the damn roof!

And let the hot, humid air in? No thanks. If you are determined to expose yourself to the dangerous UV rays, there is plenty of "adult"space by the outside pool to do so. Brilliance has a kid's slide and pool up on Deck 12 outside of AO for the youngsters. Leave the climate-controlled solarium to those of us who want to relax in the inside pool or hot tub, or enjoy a snack or a meal at the Park Café.

We have been in the solariums on occasions when the roof has been opened and found them to be less than comfortable because of the outside weather conditions.

DH and I were on the Allure last July to Bahamas and that area. I am now going on Brilliance next Sept for a girls trip with mom, daughters, Aunt, cousin, SIL to New England area.

Not that you can be disappointed on a ship, I mean come on, but since I was on the BIG one and now going a little smaller, is it that much different? Can you tell?

Thanks

And let the hot, humid air in? No thanks. If you are determined to expose yourself to the dangerous UV rays, there is plenty of "adult"space by the outside pool to do so. Brilliance has a kid's slide and pool up on Deck 12 outside of AO for the youngsters. Leave the climate-controlled solarium to those of us who want to relax in the inside pool or hot tub, or enjoy a snack or a meal at the Park Café.

We have been in the solariums on occasions when the roof has been opened and found them to be less than comfortable because of the outside weather conditions.

I don't recall ever being in a solarium with conditioned air. Usually miserable in Caribbean when closed

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Mini-golf was a nice little thing especially if you have kids, which we did not have, but it was fun anyway. Two of us couples waited...and waited...along with others while a couple got to the end, picked up their balls and headed back a couple of holes, and did it over and over again. There are a very limited amount of clubs of course...and going back and redoing holes over and over isn't funny to others who are waiting!

Although we don't drink, we found Shooners Bar a lovely place to sit and enjoy music in the evenings. Nice to sit and look out at the ocean while listening.

Nice gym...and if you are into walking, don't stick to their marked track. You can do a look around the entire deck and it's far nicer.

DH and I were on the Allure last July to Bahamas and that area. I am now going on Brilliance next Sept for a girls trip with mom, daughters, Aunt, cousin, SIL to New England area.

Not that you can be disappointed on a ship, I mean come on, but since I was on the BIG one and now going a little smaller, is it that much different? Can you tell?

Thanks

Oh yes, you can definitely tell. But you will not be disappointed. Brilliance is smaller, older, but still has everything you need plus the bonus of that "ship" feel. It has a real walk-around promenade deck, you can go all the way up to the bow, and you can look out and see the ocean from almost any public space. Looking forward to Canada/NE on its sister ship Serenade next year.

The elevators, WJ back, crown viking for late night dancing, and climbing wall. Aerial show, 70's show and white party 5 night plus. Make sure you see the Skybridge at least once. It is pretty cool all lit up coming in early am. Make sure you get some breakfast and eat on your balcony and do the same with 1 dinner at sunset on your balcony. I would keep room service cover and head to WJ for food and then eat on the balcony.

If you are heading to Cozumel; I might suggest an am snorkel/dive at Planacar Reef, and then head over to Nachi CoCom for a little pampering of excellent food and drinks and a nice swim in the ocean or pool. If more action pack is still required try Mr. Santos(lots of kids) or Carlos and Charlies.

Congrats and enjoy your cruise.

Oh yes, you can definitely tell. But you will not be disappointed. Brilliance is smaller, older, but still has everything you need plus the bonus of that "ship" feel. It has a real walk-around promenade deck, you can go all the way up to the bow, and you can look out and see the ocean from almost any public space. Looking forward to Canada/NE on its sister ship Serenade next year.

Thanks I'm glad to know. We all can't wait!!

The actual name of the bridge is the Skyway Bridge. It connects St Pete with cities to the south such as Bradenton and Sarasota as well as Interstate 75. When cruising out of Tampa, it is necessary to pass under the Skyway to get to the Gulf of Mexico. It is definitely a beautiful sight to see as you are passing under or when lit up.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app