Tropical storm Gonzalo

marnie2005

We are on the Bermuda sailing on the Dawn this coming Friday sailing from Boston. Looks like TS Gonzalo may be heading to Bermuda on the weekend. Any ideas where we might end up sailing to if this happens? Anyone ever experienced this.... Really don't want to miss Bermuda

You could go to the Bahamas...you could go to Canada...it depends on the timing and path of the storm. You could end up doing what the Dawn did today...sailing in circles near Bermuda until the storm cleared. They ended up docking several hours behind schedule.

It's far too early to speculate about the storm's location next weekend.

We were diverted to Nassau a few years back because of a storm in Bermuda. We are on the Dawn the week after you are, so we will be watching anxiously... again. Good luck. Let's hope the storm goes out to sea away from Bermuda.

Please not Florida, please not Florida, please not Florida. I thought that diverted Bermuda cruises went north and I didn't know south was a possibility. I don't have it in the budget for one day tickets to Disney and I really just want to be exploring a place that's not Florida. We will have a wonderful time no matter what, but please not Florida. ;)

Please not Florida, please not Florida, please not Florida. I thought that diverted Bermuda cruises went north and I didn't know south was a possibility. I don't have it in the budget for one day tickets to Disney and I really just want to be exploring a place that's not Florida. We will have a wonderful time no matter what, but please not Florida. ;)

:D:D

Instead of Disney you could hang out in at a rare and exotic place I've heard about. It's called McD's. I hear their playlands are almost as good as Disney's.;)

Hi,

It might be early to start the speculation...but :

p><p>I have been impacted by a Hurricane 2 years ago when sailing to Bermuda in September, it was Hurricane Leslie, and she cut our trip short to a 2 day call in Bermuda. When we sailed from Nyc we didn

Sailing from Boston...I don't know what is the first "escape route" ?? If it is Florida/Bahamas I bet they would have to cancel one port to make up for the distance...

Let's continue to monitor this TS...

We are packed and heading out tonight to get to Boston for the Dawn to BDA on Friday. What's with Canada? We would look pretty stupid in shorts and Tank tops. Would we have to chip through the ice to get in the pool? Hot water freezes faster than cold so the hot tubs are out. What port do you go to?

if we divert. We'll take the Bahamas over Canada. We spend more money on drinks around the pool, than drinking tea to keep warm. Marley and rum go better than hockey. NCL might want to fatten up the bottom line...GO South if need be!

We are packed and heading out tonight to get to Boston for the Dawn to BDA on Friday. What's with Canada? We would look pretty stupid in shorts and Tank tops. Would we have to chip through the ice to get in the pool? Hot water freezes faster than cold so the hot tubs are out. What port do you go to?

if we divert. We'll take the Bahamas over Canada. We spend more money on drinks around the pool, than drinking tea to keep warm. Marley and rum go better than hockey. NCL might want to fatten up the bottom line...GO South if need be!

The new forecast I posted above shows the predicted speed of the Hurricane is now greater, the Island could be hit on Saturday morning...that might let the Dawn going to Bermuda. This week the TS was over Bermuda at 3am Sunday and the Dawn was able to dock about 14 hours later...so if the storm hits Bermuda around 8am Saturday...the Dawn should be able to dock on it's scheduled time of 11am Sunday.

In what shape would the Island be ?

:confused:

Nothing has happened yet, so how can anyone answer this? I'd guess it will be somewhere between no effects whatsoever and utter complete devastation.

It was a rhetorical question...

Every comment on this thread is speculation since it hasn't happen yet.

This has me nervous! We will also be on the Dawn this coming Friday to (hopefully) Bermuda. This will be our honeymoon so I really hope we can get to someplace warm! No matter what we will have a great time tho. Won't let it ruin our honeymoon!... Thank God for the UBP :D:D:D

We are on the Dawn this Friday, too!! Been to Bermuda a bunch of times and will be a little disappointed if we don't get there......Better pack lots of seasick medicine!! I have a feeling we are going to have quite a "rocking" adventure!!

So the Norwegian Getaway is on her way to St. Marteen, due to arrive tomorrow. Conditions will not be favorable, has anyone heard if the ship has diverted to another port? Was looking around but don't find anything.

So the Norwegian Getaway is on her way to St. Marteen, due to arrive tomorrow. Conditions will not be favorable, has anyone heard if the ship has diverted to another port? Was looking around but don't find anything.

See #16

Gonzalo is now a Hurricane :(

The path places it right over Bermuda...straight over it in the night of Friday to Saturday...

Not looking good at ! :(

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by sebas030